Whats your Favorite Film Soundtrack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gotta go with the Star Wars Trilogy. John Williams is a fucking God. Luke's "Binary Sunset" theme is as good as it gets folks.

In America is another good one

I love John Williams work. He is the Godfather of music today. A Genius

GibsonGirl said:

As much as I hate Hans Zimmer, I quite enjoy the soundtracks he wrote for Hannibal and King Arthur. Howard Shore is my favourite at the moment - his work on the LOTR trilogy was beautiful. I haven't listened to it in a while...must take it out for a spin again. Just remembering off the top of my head "The Ring Goes South" was a stunning piece! "Lothlorien" as well. And if you like Howard Shore, definitely check out his score for The Silence Of The Lambs. It's chilling.

I second on Zimmer, another surprise by him was Black Hawk Down - very nice IMO.

I think James Newton Howard has his moments, he does all the M Night Shyamalan movies which I have always enjoyed

Thomas Newman is also pretty good, he's done alot of stuff, my favorite was the American Beauty soundtrack and Road to Perdition, Finding Nemo as well and the theme song for Six Feet Under...

Once Upon a Time in America:drool: :drool:
Ennio Morricone

For years, I tried to find this in the U.S. but to no avail....and ended up buying it in Paris.

inmyplace13 said:
Well, no one said Bodysong, so I guess I will.

Bodysong

I still need to get that. The clips I've heard sound amazing. Alas, it's virtually impossible to find it anywhere around here. And I so hate resorting to Amazon.

And yes, elevated_u2_fan, James Newton Howard certainly does have his moments. I thought his score for Signs (while being nice) was a bit too derivative. His work on The Village sounds fantastic to me, though. Absolutely beautiful. I must pick up his sountrack for Lady In The Water! I probably won't see the movie as I haven't liked the look of the previews, but I'm a sucker for soundtracks.

Ok...maybe it's jsut because it's so recent and it hasn't really gotten old for me yet but...

I love the Superman Returns soundtrack :shrug:
Also for more traditional soundtracks, Indiana Jones :D

Rocky Horror, and Chicago for musicals...

Old Disney stuff still gives me chills as well namely Beauty and the Beast and Hunchback of Notre Dame...this new disney stuff is rubbish :(

And just normal soundtracks Forrest Gump, City of Angels, and :reject: Napoleon Dynamite (long story)

Back
Top Bottom