What's your dream job/career?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie's Angel

The Fly
This is not someting I often talk about it because its a bit of a "roll your eyes" response from people at times. Since the age of about 5 I wanted to be an actor.
As a kid my cousins and I always used to put on musicals and productions for my family.
Did drama all through school, went to workshops and went to a summer school at Australia's leading drama school, NIDA, when I was a kid but well... I guess I realized it was a pipe dream and 99%of actors are out of work, so I went to uni and now have a career I don't like very much.
I still get the bug when I see a play or a great film. Ho Hum...
I'd never get past the auditions because I have a major fear of rejection.
I also still dream of being some sort of writer/photgrapher some day too.

What's your dream job and have you tried to chase it ever?

Probably a travel writer.
smile.gif
I adore travelling and globe-trotting and I'm decent enough at writing apparently, but I don't have the guts to give it a go. *sigh* So, i'm working in Information Technology and finishing a degree in Finance.
frown.gif

Sula, you can do it! Dang girl, you're an inspriation. You should start your own travel consulting agency(but you do that already), at least you could get paid.
Maybe we should go work for Rick Steves???

hehe. awww, that is sweet. Actually, I have joked with my friends that I should try to get a job with Rick Steves. I'd LOVE to be a tour guide for small groups.
biggrin.gif

rock star. it's always been my number one pick. seriously.

working actor.

can you tell i'm really into performance art?
wink.gif

Singer in a rock band.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

This is usually where people laugh at me and call me an idealistic young fool. But anyway. My dream job would be to work for any organisation which works in the "developing" world. Why? Because I hate that 1,100 million people in this world don't have clean drinking water. I hate that 24,000 children die of starvation everyday. I hate that some countries have life expectancies of around 40 years. When people say 'there are enough resources in this world to meet everyone's need but not everyone's greed' - that's true. It doesn't have to be like this. We do not have to live in a world in which one section of the world becomes progressively richer as the rest of the world is left to suffer. So my dream job would anything which allowed me to play a tiny part in changing that. Whether it's working directly in countries where people need help, or whether it's working for an organisation which lobbies richer countries to take account of the needs of the "developing" world. Anything like that, that's my dream.

Novelist, and reviewer for the New York Times Book Review. But I'm probably not driven enough to be a novelist and most of the NYT reviewers are professors, I think. Oh, and what Sula said about being a travel writer applies to me too. Part of me would like to travel to risky and fascinating places and write superb travel books like those of William Dalrymple and Colin Thubron.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
This is usually where people laugh at me and call me an idealistic young fool. But anyway. My dream job would be to work for any organisation which works in the "developing" world. Why? Because I hate that 1,100 million people in this world don't have clean drinking water. I hate that 24,000 children die of starvation everyday. I hate that some countries have life expectancies of around 40 years. When people say 'there are enough resources in this world to meet everyone's need but not everyone's greed' - that's true. It doesn't have to be like this. We do not have to live in a world in which one section of the world becomes progressively richer as the rest of the world is left to suffer. So my dream job would anything which allowed me to play a tiny part in changing that. Whether it's working directly in countries where people need help, or whether it's working for an organisation which lobbies richer countries to take account of the needs of the "developing" world. Anything like that, that's my dream.

Join the Peace Corp. THey need people like you.

-Knute

Architect

However, you have to have more than a basic grasp of Math to become one. So uhhhhhhh.......there is like no chance in hell of it happening.
frown.gif

I'd love to be a rock star
biggrin.gif
Who wouldnt though ? Really, I'd love anything to do in the music field, be it performing, behind the scenes, photography, anything along those lines!

------------------
Holy Jesus, Holy rock and roll...

I wanna be a model- its not seriously demanding in the intelligence department but its great pay. And second I'd love to be a game designer because it is the total opposite of modeling and also because I love video games and could sit all day and design fantasy worlds...its really intriguing to think of the possibilities.

------------------
See, people they don't understand
No, girlfriends, they can't understand
Your Grandsons, they won't understand
On top of this, I ain't ever gonna understand...
AIM:fengche

Elementary School Teacher!!!

Originally posted by PrincessBadgirl:
See, people they don't understand
No, girlfriends, they can't understand
Your Grandsons, they won't understand
On top of this, I ain't ever gonna understand...

Last nite! Yeah!

------------------
Take the money and run

Artist.
Oh, how lucky some are to e able to paint all day, have folks like what you do, and then have some want to pay you for it. Hey Mand, did I tell you I got the job? Back to data analysis for moi. I cant be an artist, but I can do something I at least enjoy. Happy happy joy joy
biggrin.gif

Uh...a roadie?
biggrin.gif

Well, I'd definitely want to be in the travel industry again someday. This may sound silly, but I love planning other people's travels. Okay, I don't want to be a travel agent, but as a consultant or something. I don't know how to get started, to be honest.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Probably a travel writer.
smile.gif
I adore travelling and globe-trotting and I'm decent enough at writing apparently, but I don't have the guts to give it a go. *sigh* So, i'm working in Information Technology and finishing a degree in Finance.
frown.gif

Sula, you remind me of a friend. She and I are passionate about travelling, but she's on the writing part though. Why don't you give it a try? The places you visit, the experience itself are, I'm sure, enough to give you inspiration to write something. And if you enjoy it so much, you'll eventually be good at it.
wink.gif
And goodness, working in IT and finishing a Finance degree? Wow. Am in awe. I'm just so bad with Finance stuff.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 02-01-2002).]

Acting and Singing... musical theater (or film or tv). I haven't had an artistic outlet in months and it's beginning to wear on me.

I definitely don't want to be an actor. I'd much rather just be myself on t.v. I think I'd like to be on an adventure-travel show where me and my friends just travel around the world and do cool stuff.

Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
I definitely don't want to be an actor. I'd much rather just be myself on t.v. I think I'd like to be on an adventure-travel show where me and my friends just travel around the world and do cool stuff.

can i be one of those friends?
biggrin.gif

I don't really have a dream job
my ambitions are not really work related
I like being an accountant a lot
and I want to be the best accountant possible for someone with my capacities

most people around me think I will end up being a writer though

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Bebe's dad here! I found a great career and have enjoyed it 22 years now: PHARMACIST
All you terrific U2 fans whom I met on tour at Houston, Austin and/or San Jose last year may know: PHARMACIST (for 22 years now)
Who else on this board wishes they had a field pass this Sunday JUST for the halftime performance? Forget the biggest game of the year, bring on the best band of the last three decades!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom