What's your blood pressure?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on what forum I'm reading through. :wink:

The last three times I was at the doctor it was normal. During January I got it checked and it had shot right up though, I think due to a lot of stress.

mandy1973 said:
^that's not low - just completely healthy and normal :yes:
Is it really? Wow, I was told it was low. I don't know if my doctor was comparing it to my mum's or what, because my family has a history of high blood pressure.

does anyone with low blood pressure get symptoms of it? i have been getting chronically dizzy and lightheaded lately, and the doctors switch between blaming my anemia and my blood pressure. i fear my heart is just going to give up one day and say 'dude, this is nuts, i cant handle this anymore!' and just stop. whenever i get pregnant i go the opposite way and end up on stroke watch because it sits at around 160/110.
:scream:

anyway, it's interesting there's more with lower than higher bp.

I have low BP as well and I have gotten faint on occasion because of it. It was actually in conjunction with anemia, but now the anemia is under control and I don't really have problems with the blood pressure anymore.

Angela Harlem said:

The one's with high bp just aren't posting it. :wink:

My sister has super low blood pressue (I don't know the numbers) -- bitch! :mad: :wink: So low that her doctor eventually had to give her a perscription to raise it. When she tried to fill it she had to try several pharmacies as no one had it as they never had any call for it. Most of the pharmacists had never even heard of the drug before.

Angela Harlem said:
are they linked, in general, anitram?

I'm not sure that they are, but I think that anemia aggravates low blood pressure which is why it's more common with women than men.

My Mom's was horrible, and she still goes for iron shots, but I've been able to control mine with the pill + a revamped diet.

Angela Harlem said:
does anyone with low blood pressure get symptoms of it? i have been getting chronically dizzy and lightheaded lately, and the doctors switch between blaming my anemia and my blood pressure. i fear my heart is just going to give up one day and say 'dude, this is nuts, i cant handle this anymore!' and just stop. whenever i get pregnant i go the opposite way and end up on stroke watch because it sits at around 160/110.
:scream:

Those are the symptoms I get. I've actually been hospitalized just so they could watch it. Drives the nurses nuts having that alarm going off all the time. I was told that drinking lots of water would help. It's severity has come and gone since high school. Right now I'm probably 90/70

Back
Top Bottom