What's With The Cowboy Hat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
creed180.jpg.140643.1.jpeg

creed. rocks.

guitar rocks.

play that guitar.

rock on.

"theres twelve power chords and weve had about 20 years of them...time to move on now, yes?" - j. greenwood

creed rocks.

*pukes and bleeds irony

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

So Bono wore a cowboy hat 15 years ago, so what? Nobody else can do it?

Maybe there should be a Creed bashing forum....that seems to be quite the popular subject around here.

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Originally posted by Angell:
15 years ago,

And Tiffany busted onto the scene with her successful debut album 15 years ago.

Chevrolet still made the "Chevette."

Coca Cola had recently introduced "New Coke."

Pegged blue jeans.

WHAM!

Need I say more?

Honestly, I like some of Creed's songs; I just happened to log on to AOL and a photo of the hat was staring at me and I wasn't sure what was going on.

~U2Alabama

Bono was just copying Johnny Cash with all that cowboy hat shit

Cash rules

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

My 2 bobs worth...
The first time I ever saw a Creed film clip I thought...that guy is copying bono,I do not approve....and that was it for me and Creed. And he wasn't even wearing a hat, of any description.
and when I saw edge emerge from the lemon in that white cowboy suit(I will get over that...one day, maybe)I thought Hank Williams(not Johhny Cash).
more hats the better in this day and age
** cass stares at the sun** ouch

Originally posted by Angell:
So Bono wore a cowboy hat 15 years ago, so what? Nobody else can do it?

Maybe there should be a Creed bashing forum....that seems to be quite the popular subject around here.

Who's really mocking Creed (other than deathbear) in this thread? I just said that it looks like Stapp has a Bono-wannabe complex, and I'll stand by that until proven otherwise. Because, even though I'm not really a fan of Creed (some songs are O.K., some aren't for me), I'd rather have someone imitating Bono than Eminem. Sadly, we have a lot more of the latter than the former.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Who's really mocking Creed (other than deathbear) in this thread?

I meant "here" in general...not specifically this thread. I know very little of Creed, haven't sought out their music or watched their videos or followed their press, but I have seen some things of them (Behind the Music or something). From what I've seen, I don't think they are deserving of the often venomous disdain shown them in this forum...that was my point. I mean, if I see someone wearing a cowboy hat, Bono is far from the first thing that comes to mind. I agree wholeheartedly that more people should imitate Bono than Eminem (for example). Bono seems to feel the same way...as if he is looking for someone to take up where they are leaving off...to take the gauntlet so to speak. Yet when someone does seem to be attempting to follow in the same vein as U2, they get criticized for it. This is what I have not understood, and I can't help but think that Creed does not deserve this...especially from fans of a very open-minded and accepting band, ya know? Again....not specifically this thread....just 'splaining

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

i have no problem making fun of creed because they suck. why is it that they get made fun of? because they suck more than the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

they might be nice guys in reality though, but who cares. if i have to listen to their shit on the radio every five minutes, i have every right to make fun of them.

especially cause they suck.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

Back
Top Bottom