What's The Worst Rap Song Of All Time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I guess I think the worst ones are those w/ the most tired, repeated words and themes, and I think we all know what those are :D

I think that Holiday Inn song is pretty bad..but worst of all time, maybe that "I like big butts" song

:hmm:

I dont think I know many rap songs :slant:

Ill be back........ :hmm:

I hope that in mentioning the "Holiday Inn song" you aren't referring to Rapper's Delight. Rapper's Delight was one of the most innovative breakthroughs in the history of pop music.

I'm not sure what the worst rap song is, but it has probably come out in the last 5 years and it is most definitely not Rapper's Delight.

I'm not going to get into Baby Got Back. No, it's not a great song, but you have to give Sir Mix-a-Lot credit (amazing name, by the way) for such a ridiculous song.

I'll throw another one out there. In the So Bad It's Good category:

"I Got a Man" by Positive K

Well, whatever Holiday Inn song is out now. It's not my thing :shrug: :wink:

What about MC Hammer - Can't Touch This

Of course there's Ice Ice Baby too :D is that considered rap? :hmm:

Ice Ice Baby is awful. Catchy, though, but that credit goes to Queen/David Bowie.

I love Rapper's Delight.. one of the best rap songs ever. And I love Baby Got Back. :|

I can't imagine nobody has mentioned Barf Daddy :yuck: :barf: yet. I mean, apart maybe from 'All About The Benjamins' (how appropriate) everything he touches sucks.
In fact, by just naming him here I have devalued this thread to plain atrocity.
:no:

:barf:

Marty

P.S. Rapper's Delight is genius (all 16 minutes and 23 seconds of it) and Baby Got Back isn't too bad too. At least he wasn't rapping about anorexic models.

Elvis Presley said:
Snow- Informer

Yep, that = suck.

P.S. My anaconda don't want none unless you've got buns hun! Whoopise...guess I don't actually have an anaconda:wink:

Popmartijn said:
I can't imagine nobody has mentioned Barf Daddy :yuck: :barf: yet. I mean, apart maybe from 'All About The Benjamins' (how appropriate) everything he touches sucks.

true :yes:

Ian Brown's remix of the Manic Street Preachers' Let Robeson Sing. Not quite a rap song, but Mr. Brown (former Stone Roses) inserts his own little rap in the bridge.

Pass the mic, believe the hype
JDB is flying the kite
Come in to the valley where the sun don't shine
Standing in the shadow of a colliery mine
Face the mic, I'm a righteous type
I'm a night time sleeper, a day time creature
Playing in Cuba like a Manic Street Preacher
Teacher, teacher, turn off the preacher
Rockin' in Havana like a Manic Street Preacher
Rockin' in Havana like a Manic Street Preacher preacher, preacher, preacher, preacher...

actually that's more funny than anything.

Popmartijn said:
:no:

:barf:

Agreed. I'm not a Puff Daddy fan, either.

Originally posted by Popmartijn
P.S. Rapper's Delight is genius (all 16 minutes and 23 seconds of it) and Baby Got Back isn't too bad too. At least he wasn't rapping about anorexic models.

"Rapper's Delight" is cool, yes.

And "Baby Got Back" is just a fun song to dance to at parties and school dances. There's just something endlessly amusing about hearing an entire room full of people shout at the top of their lungs, "I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE!"

Angela

Just today my friend sent me a translation of Baby Got Back in Latin. :up:

I've been listening to rap for about 15 years now, and I could name some awful songs. But no one here would have heard of them.

It's no wonder some of you hate rap if the only songs you've ever heard are the ones played on the radio. People who dismiss the rap genre as a whole... :madspit:

I'm disappointed that no one mentioned this:
supabowlsleevea2.jpg

They're so bad they know they're good ...

Listen to it here.

Hmmm...that "Like Thur" song that's going around lately is annoying to no end.

Elvis claims the prize, though. Informer by Snow is indeed the worst rap song of all time. :barf:

:lol:

The video for the SuperBowl Shuffle was even worse than the song!

And I think Snow is considered reggae, not rap. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Back
Top Bottom