What's The Worst Rap Song Of All Time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diemen said:
Hmmm...that "Like Thur" song that's going around lately is annoying to no end.

That song immediately came to mind, but I had no idea what the guy was saying. That is a truly, truly awful song. Do people actually enjoy that song? It boggles my mind how a song like that becomes popular when there is so much amazing music that gets neglected.

I felt the same way about "Work It" by Missy Elliott. It really bothered me that I had no idea what was coming out of her mouth. Is she singing backwards? Is it just nonsense?

That brings me to 50 Cent. He's a terrible rapper. I really didn't like him at all. Then, out of the speakers I hear, "I love you like a fat kid loves cake." ...And all was forgiven. :bow:

I've only heard one song by 50 Cent...that irritating "In Da Club".

It wouldn't have even been so bad if practically every single kid at my school hadn't started quoting the, "Go, shorty, it's your birthday..." bit. Argh.

I think my sister likes that "Like Thur" song.

I'm not too fond of it.

Angela

There was a song out a while back that was constantly on the radio.

I have no idea who did it or the title, but it said something like "is a kizzer"..I know those aren't the words, but I couldn't understand it :scratch:

It was SO annoying and bad

:eek: I think this is it - the lyrics are too profane to post

http://www.hit-rap-lyrics.com/missy-elliot-lyrics-gossip-folks.html

Last edited:
HeartlandGirl said:
It's no wonder some of you hate rap if the only songs you've ever heard are the ones played on the radio. People who dismiss the rap genre as a whole... :madspit:

Agreed! I think a lot of people have a hard time accepting any music unless it has "WHITE" stamped right on the front. Talk about limiting your musical tastes.

ThatGuy said:
I'm disappointed that no one mentioned this:
supabowlsleevea2.jpg

They're so bad they know they're good ...

Listen to it here.

Thank you for mentioning this ... it is the WORST rap song of all time.

Rap is talentless, ego, poseur music. Fake through and though, no heart, just bling. It's main focus is attitude and macho posturing. The producers are pretty talented though, since they do all the work on these records.

That said, this white-boy is gonna go listen to his Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Marvyn Gaye, Aretha, Steve Wonder, James Brown, Al Green, BB King, Billie Holiday records. I'm black and i'm proud!

FYI--It's "Right Thur" not "Like Thur," and the rapper's name is Chingy.

My nominations for worst rap song:

La Femme Fetal by Digable Planets. I have no desire to hear people rap about abortion.

Why U N V Me? by Deion Sanders

Anything by Shaquille O'Neal
"Knick knack, Shaq Attack, give the dog a bone..." :down:

And people who think it doesn't take talent to make good rap music, I suggest you try it. I hate it every time rap comes up in B&C because some of you can be so ignorant about it. If you don't like it, fine. But please respect that some of us here love the genre and think that rap is legitimate music made by talented artists. There are a lot of rappers out there making great music with heart, soul, and emotion, so to dismiss them with all the Chingys out there doesn't make sense to me.

I don't like the assertion that a white person who doesn't like rap, feels so because it's "black." I like plenty of music by people of every color. I also hate rap made by people of every color.

u2popmofo said:

Agreed! I think a lot of people have a hard time accepting any music unless it has "WHITE" stamped right on the front. Talk about limiting your musical tastes.

Thank you for having the cajones to say that. It's not the case for everyone who hates rap, but it covers a lot of people I know personally.

I just want to make it clear that my dislike for any rap song has absolutely NOTHING to do w/ color, and I think it's unfair to suggest that people only like "white" music (whatever that is).

I like the music that I like, and pay no attention whatsoever to the color of the skin of who is performing it.

I like some rap songs. My main problem w/ much of rap is the sexist nature of the lyrics.

Tom in Boston said:
I felt the same way about "Work It" by Missy Elliott. It really bothered me that I had no idea what was coming out of her mouth. Is she singing backwards? Is it just nonsense?
awww, now see, i like that song. oy, i just realized with these two quotes i seem like some huge missy elliott fan. i'm not, i just like the song work it, i don't even think i've heard any of her other stuff.

MrsSpringsteen said:
:eek: I think this is it - the lyrics are too profane to post

http://www.hit-rap-lyrics.com/missy-elliot-lyrics-gossip-folks.html
:lmao: what the hell song is this?!

Yo, yo, move out the way we got Missy Elliot commin' through
Girl that is Missy Elliot, she lost a lot of weight,
I heard she eat one cracker a day!

Yo straight up, Missy killed that shit tonight fo' real
I know I don't really care bout her being pregnant by Micheal Jackson
You know what we should do?
We should go get her album when it come out, what she gon do she gon do, shh

Most of the songs mentioned thus far have been awesome songs, so I'm a bit surprised. Informer, Ice Ice Baby, Rapper's Delight and all the rest are catchy cool tunes, that may have been overplayed, but are still great songs.

My pick: Anything by Puff Daddy.

That's the kizza song khanada

Dare I ask what kizza is :der:

Musi ques
I sews on bews
I pues a twos on que zat
Pue zoo
My kizzer
Pous zigga ay zee
Its all kizza
Its always like
Its all kizza
Its always like
Na zound
Wa zee
Wa zoom zoom zee

:hmm:

MrsSpringsteen said:
That's the kizza song khanada

Dare I ask what kizza is :der:

Musi ques
I sews on bews
I pues a twos on que zat
Pue zoo
My kizzer
Pous zigga ay zee
Its all kizza
Its always like
Its all kizza
Its always like
Na zound
Wa zee
Wa zoom zoom zee

:hmm:

:confizzled:

come with me
-poppa diddy puff f/ jimmy pizaige (still shocked no one mentioned that one yet)

as for non rapers who rap... for those of you who list the super bowl shuffle as the worst rap of all time, you obviously have yet to hear "Be A Man" by Macho Man Randy Savage.... ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeahhhhhh
randy_savage.jpg

Last edited:
HeartlandGirl said:
And people who think it doesn't take talent to make good rap music, I suggest you try it. I hate it every time rap comes up in B&C because some of you can be so ignorant about it. If you don't like it, fine. But please respect that some of us here love the genre and think that rap is legitimate music made by talented artists. There are a lot of rappers out there making great music with heart, soul, and emotion, so to dismiss them with all the Chingys out there doesn't make sense to me.

I know what you mean. I've met people on other boards that say all rap sucks. And that's just not true.

Well said.

MrsSpringsteen...yes, some of the lyrics of rap songs may seem sexist at first...but I always look at it like this: rappers are singing about their lifestyles that they lived growing up. And sadly, some women around them were treated like dirt. So I feel that by putting those remarks in their songs, they're trying to show how stupid it is to treat women that way.

:shrug:. That's just me, though.

Angela

elevatedmole said:
Ice Ice Baby is awful. Catchy, though, but that credit goes to Queen/David Bowie.
C'mon...we all know they are 2 totally different beats....Vanilla explained it himself, remember:
"Their's goes 'Din din din din da da din" and mine goes 'Din din din din da da din', 2 totally different beats."

any commerical created rap

this is a new fad that needs to die

i really like rap, but there isnt much worse then a really bad rap song, and any rap song that is created for a commercial will be really bad

the "im lovin' it" commericals for mcdonalds right now are at the top of the list

Hewson said:

C'mon...we all know they are 2 totally different beats....Vanilla explained it himself, remember:
"Their's goes 'Din din din din da da din" and mine goes 'Din din din din da da din', 2 totally different beats."

*slaps forehead* Duh. Silly me.

:p

Chizip said:
the "im lovin' it" commericals for mcdonalds right now are at the top of the list
:yes:

because only black people eat at mcdonald's. of course, as we know, not only black people listen to rap, but a look at their commercial begs to differ.

:lmao: at Macho Man Randy Savage. His album was probably worse than Deion Sanders'.

When it comes to sexist lyrics in rap, there's no better example to me than Snoop Dogg. He may be rapping about pimps up and hos down, but at the end of the day, he goes home to his wife and three kids. I see his music as entertainment, nothing more. Even as a youngster, I knew well enough that listening to the music was one thing, and sexism in real life was another.

One time in freshman English, I had to write two papers on censorship. One for, one against. In the one for censorship, I quoted a Snoop Dogg album I owned as an example of why albums need to be censored. :wink: :up: That was a fun paper to write--acting all appalled by lyrics that I actually really thought were pretty clever.

Hewson said:

:lol:!

Oh, yeah, that's right, they're completely different!

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
When it comes to sexist lyrics in rap, there's no better example to me than Snoop Dogg. He may be rapping about pimps up and hos down, but at the end of the day, he goes home to his wife and three kids. I see his music as entertainment, nothing more. Even as a youngster, I knew well enough that listening to the music was one thing, and sexism in real life was another.

Exactly.

I think most male rappers show respect for the women they hang out with, and would never dream of putting them in situations that they weren't comfortable with. Yeah, there's a few rappers who would be jerks to women, but most of them...they'd beat the snot out of someone who tried to hurt their wives or girlfriends or whatever.

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
One time in freshman English, I had to write two papers on censorship. One for, one against. In the one for censorship, I quoted a Snoop Dogg album I owned as an example of why albums need to be censored. :wink: :up: That was a fun paper to write--acting all appalled by lyrics that I actually really thought were pretty clever.

LOL. Cool. :up:. :).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom