What's the Nicest Thing Anyone Has Ever said to You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
I'm just curious about other peoples experiences....

I got the nicest card from the parents of a critically ill baby I took care of over the last few months in which they thanked me for "saving his life"... while it was a whole team of us that did and not just me and it was very touching, and it actually made me cry...lol

Then the other night after debating on who was funnier, Terrance and Phillip or Mr Hanky, my boyfriend told me that sometimes he forgets that I'm his girlfriend, that I'm someone he feels like he's been best friend with for years, that he's got the best of both.... again, this got the tears going too...lol

I swear I'm not an emotional person, but this past week has been a doozy. hope you dont mind the rambling! Anyone else got stories to share?

------------------
Behind closed doors and under stars
It doesn't matter where you are
Collecting jewels that catch your eye
Don't let a soulmate pass you by

hi Raging! So you're a nurse???? Isn't it great when some one recognizes a job well done?

I have a kinda sucky job, it's being a tax assessor. Last Monday, a really nice couple had me over for lunch by their pool. They said I was the only person who helped them when they were buying their house. Thoughtful people like that really make it all worthwhile
biggrin.gif

Well, any conversation in which I get called a "good frend" or something like that touches me deeply. I really try to keep those friendships alive!

Hmmmm....a couple come to mind

"You keep talking about these nice guys I might meet - YOU are the standard they have to live up to." (me=speechless)

"You make me happier than anyone has ever made me." <-- it doesn't get much better than that.
smile.gif

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
my boyfriend told me that sometimes he forgets that I'm his girlfriend, that I'm someone he feels like he's been best friend with for years, that he's got the best of both....

Kathleen that is soooooooooo sweet!!!!

smile.gif

xo Olive!

"You are not a failure. You are loved. Don't let anybody make you think otherwise."

I will NEVER EVER forget that. Very simply, but it was a huge wakeup call considering what was going on.

gah
frown.gif
someone I can't see anymore
frown.gif

When I left my job a few years back for another job my co-workers gave me the usual card with everyone's signatures. A good friend of mine included the following poem:

A friendly morning smile
Another coat on the hook
Dressed in superb style
Always gets that second look
Performs the work of many
Received thanks from few
Good-bye and good luck
We will all miss you!

Probably the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me!

"Uh, it's not fair, you set the curve every time." In history last year.
biggrin.gif

No really, ummm, I'll have to search for that. But lately the nicest thing said about me was:

"I know Lilly personally, and she is a very intelligent and witty young lady with a great sarcastic sense of humor."

*bluuuush* thanks zone...
biggrin.gif

------------------
I will not expose the ignorance of the faculty.

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 03-30-2002).]

"Do you want fries with that?"
Love at first sight I tells ya...

Hmmm, I dont really know what the nicest thing anyones ever said to me, Im usually too shocked to remember what the hells going on lol

I once had someone tell me I was very friendly and "down to earth" - that meant a lot, esp. since I live in a very superficial city where there isn't much of that to go around...

I also had a couple people tell me I should be a comedian, but ack! not with my fear of crowds!
frown.gif

*fuzzies*

Hmmm...any compliment i ever get warms my heart and fills my soul with joy.

I couldn't pick a favorite.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 03-31-2002).]

As an ape, I don't often hear a lot of compliments from my human counterparts. But my cherished wife, Grams Magee, told me once that I had the nicest fur in our whole ape-y town. It warmed my heart like nothing else.
Unfortunately, Grams has been gone now, for some time...she was a good ape. I miss her truly. I only wish that I had complimented her more: "Grams! That was a wonderful banana casserole, mmm!" "Grams, you look wonderful! Even for an ape your age!" "Grams, I love you! Will you marry me?"
and so forth.
*banana of regret*

------------------
"You might say I'm the 'top banana'!" ~ myself

"You're an astounding young lady. I hope one day that my daughters can grow up to be like you..."

--My OAC English Teacher, after an essay that I wrote. I was shocked.

"I hope that Felicia grows up to be as wonderfula dancer as you are. And as great a person"

--A mom at the dance school where I taught

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 03-31-2002).]

I just got back from visiting my sister. When I left, I wanted to cry because I felt so bad leaving, but my sister doesn't cry a lot, and I didn't want her to think I was a baby. So I didn't cry until after I started driving away. When I got home, I called her, and she said she missed me a lot and had fun with me. I admitted to her that I cried when I left. I thought she'd laugh and say, "Oh, God!" or something. Instead, she said, "I almost cried, but I held back because I didn't want to make you feel bad. I didn't want you to go."

I realized this weekend that my sister is truly my best friend.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Discoteque:

I also had a couple people tell me I should be a comedian, but ack! not with my fear of crowds!
frown.gif

*fuzzies*

When I was in fifth grade a classmate of mine went around deciding what everybody was going to be when they grow up. She had the most amazing things down for everyone....until she got to me, she said I'd be a stand up comedian. Hmmm...apparently I'm funny...
wink.gif

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

a note from my friend's 10 year old daughter."Thanks for the song"

hideho She Is Raging.Thanks for doing what you do with the babies.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 04-02-2002).]

My 9th grade teacher Mr. Sutton said "You're a really pretty girl and I know you have some talent that's why I want you to write a report about what you want to be." I miss him soooo much, he was the definition of a real teacher.

Back
Top Bottom