What's the last movie that scared the crap out of you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VintagePunk

Blue Crack Distributor
I mean, really scared you, to the point where you're nervous walking into dark rooms, or have to sleep with the light on?

Reading the reviews of Shyamalan's new movie got me thinking about this. I loved The Sixth Sense, but that was more creepy than scary to me. Signs was okay, but didn't scare me in the least. I don't scare that easily as a rule.

For me, the most recent movie that scared me would have to be The Mothman Prophecies. I won't spoil it, but that scene early in the movie when they're driving at night? :yikes: :yikes: Around the time that I watched it, I was taking a night class out of town, and had to drive down some really dark rural roads late at night to get home. For a couple of weeks on this one particular stretch of road, I was so scared, I had to phone people so I'd have someone to talk to while I was driving on it. :reject: :lol:

To be honest I'm not much of a fan for the horror genre precisely for the fact that they never scare me or surprise me. I've watched movies people have recommended for being "really scary" and have never flinched...[which is funny cause in real life I would be the biggest scaredycat I'm almost sure :yikes: ]

But if anyone has any suggestions on a good scary movie I'll be more than happy to rent it and give it a try :)

I'm sorta jaded by horror movies by now...I just watch them for fun because they're easy to laugh at ....

But for as long as I can remember i've been scared of Freddy Krueger, but I'd never seen a single movie he was in until two years ago...yeah I was scared of him even though I'd never watched a movie...anyway the first one I finally watched was Wes Craven's New Nightmare...and I guess the whole possibility that somehow Freddy could truly be brought to life just because people believed hard enough, and all that jazz...just scared me beyond words...I couldn't sleep the next few nights...I mean come one...FREDDY GETS YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING

:curlsintoaballandrocksbackandforthinthecorner:

I actually closed my eyes during Saw 2...something I tease people for doing....but it was more because I was so grossed out that I was near leaving the theater because I was afraid I was going to vomit.

As for actually being scared...when I watched House Of 1000 Corpses late at night while home alone...I had a really hard time trying to fall asleep after. :reject:

I don't like to watch scary movies coz I'm such a scaredy cat but the last one I did watch, just out of curiosity to see what all the fuss was about and coz I think Anthony Hopkins is a brilliant actor, was Silence of the Lambs!! :crazy: :reject:

The last movies that really scared me were "Nightmare On Elm Street" and the original "Exorcist". Both of those movies stayed with me for days after watching them.
I remember seeing the first Nightmare movie at the theater, afterwards me and my friends were looking under the car and in the back seat before we got in. I was so scared to go to sleep, I slept with the light on for about a week after seeing it. :lol:

The Exorcist I saw when I was a young kid. My parents told me not to watch it because it would scare me. So of course I didn't listen to them and watched it anyway. Sometimes parents can be right about things, that movie scared the crap out of me. It still scares me to this day. :yikes: Plus I never have looked at split pea soup the same again. :yuck: Every time I see it I automatically think of Regan. Living close to D.C. now, I have gotten to take my picture on the stairs where the priest falls down, in Georgetown. Talk about getting the heebie-jeebies. :wink:

Bonochick said:
I
As for actually being scared...when I watched House Of 1000 Corpses late at night while home alone...I had a really hard time trying to fall asleep after. :reject:

:yikes: OMG I was just comming here to say that.....that movie so so wrong on so many levels!!!! It scared the crap out of me...I didn't even see most of it because i was hiding under a blanket..seriously. I don't like horror anyway.

I remember being in 7th grade and seeing The Candy Man...scarred. for. life:crazy:

Bonochick said:

I can't watch a scay movie home alone at night. No way!

I remember being in 7th grade and seeing The Candy Man...scarred. for. life

Me too! :lol:

The movies that scare me the most are the ones that could be real like Silence of the Lambs. More disturbing than scary.

Kiss the Girls with Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman is disturbing/scary.

I remember when The Exorcist was rerealeased into theatres when I was in high school several years ago. It was the first time I had seen it. I drove home with the interior lights in my car on and I called my mother from the driveway to come and get me and bring me into the house. I was terrified to go in my bed after that!

I watched a Japanese movie called Suicide Club, and its unreal level of suckitude was plain frightening.

It's worth renting, mostly because there is a scene in a bowling alley involving this random glam-rock blonde dude in what is possibly the biggest WTF moment in cinematic history.

Bambi when I was six. I don't get scared in scarey movies. I'm missing that gene. :shrug:

Candyman, Candyman, Candyman

OH nooooooooooo CHARLES MY FACEEEEE

Last edited:
The remake of the Amityville Horror scared the crap out of me. Not the entire thing - some of it was cheezy, but there were a few scenes that just were terrifying. And I love horror movies.

^ That's one i could mention actually! :wink: couldn't think of anything at first but yeah - i've seen that trailer in the cinema a few times now and it IS scary!!! :scream: :yikes:

The first Nightmare On Elm Street movie when I was a kid, but I found it hilarious when I watched it a couple of years later. I can't think of anything that's scared me since then. Horror movies rarely scare me. I always find myself laughing during death scenes or the scenes where the music suddenly culminates and you're hit with a scary image. You know the type, those cheap thrill scenes that are supposed to make you jump.

inmyplace13 said:
I watched a Japanese movie called Suicide Club, and its unreal level of suckitude was plain frightening.

It's worth renting, mostly because there is a scene in a bowling alley involving this random glam-rock blonde dude in what is possibly the biggest WTF moment in cinematic history.
:hmm:

I'm definitely going to check this movie out.

Nothing has been remotely scary for me in many many years.
Totally desensitized.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I saw that for the first time back in about '94, I was high as shit, that was probably the last one that had a scare effect, although it was less scary and more 'thrilling' or whatever.

That remake was a sack of shit. Although Jessica Biel.... :drool:

Actual answer is maybe 'Jaws' when I was about 10 or something.

Most "scary movies" today are just gorefests. I fucking hate that.

I have a weak stomach when it comes to that.

Any well done suspence film drags me in, and peaks me interest.

I'm the one that yells: "RUN BITCH RUN!!! HE GONNA KILL YOUU!"

I do love the naked girl who just had sex with her boyfriend alone in a house with the power out going:

"Billy? Is that you??? I'll just make a sandwich right now. What? The knife is gone, I'll go look in the basement and/or garage for it!"

LemonMacPhisto said:
Most "scary movies" today are just gorefests. I fucking hate that.

I have a weak stomach when it comes to that.

Any well done suspence film drags me in, and peaks me interest.

I'm the one that yells: "RUN BITCH RUN!!! HE GONNA KILL YOUU!"

Exactly. Slasher films don't do anything for me. They're generally just giant suck-fests.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I do love the naked girl who just had sex with her boyfriend alone in a house with the power out going:

"Billy? Is that you??? I'll just make a sandwich right now. What? The knife is gone, I'll go look in the basement and/or garage for it!"

:lmao:

Everybody should just listen to Eddie Izzard! This is from 'Unrepeatable'. This may be funnier when seen or heard but it's still hilarious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saw these people go camping in millions of films.

“Let’s go camping in the forest of Death and Blood.”

“Whoa-whoa-whoa! Forest of Death and Blood? Is there a story behind the name, maybe?”

“Well, yes, there is. Everyone who goes in dies from death and blood.”

“I’ll pass on this one. My cat’s exploded and I thought… I’ve got a bad leg anyway.”

But they go off and camp in the forest, and then a storm comes in, they can’t go back, and the bridge’s been blown up by squirrels… And they stay in a house, a wooden house, and in the middle of the night some twit says, “Look, there’s something moving in the forest about eight miles away! I’ll go and check…” Don’t check, please don’t check… That’s what curtains are for, you go, (mimes peeking through window) “Oh, my God!” But they say, “I’ll go check, and I’ll take a thimble with me… Don’t come near me, I’ve got a thimble!” They never listen to the music, do they? (singing ominous melody) We’d be going, “I’m not going down there! It’s spooky down there.” (ominous melody continues) “It’s spooky down here too.” (mimes taking a step and hearing ominous melody repeatedly, until he takes a step and the music is lively)

Sometimes this guy is determined to get there… (singing ominous melody) “Piss off, you cellist! Stop following me in the forest!” (mimes cellist walking away while playing) The guy goes deep into the forest, and once he does, you know he’s had it. He’s going… “Oh, it’s is an axe murderer! It is! We weren’t sure… I thought it was either you or a badger! You know, could be a badger or an axe murderer, and it’s you! (mimes axe murderer whacking character) Oh, send a party!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Descent (UK Cut). Anyone who's seen this will know what I'm talking about.

Can't believe what the studio have done to the US version. Bastards!

Back
Top Bottom