What's the job of a secretary?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ana

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ;
I wanna know 'cos I'm thinking of quitting my current job and going today on an interview for secretary position. The place is really near my house and I've wanted to quit my job a loooong time ago. The add says I just need to give them my resum?, so no necesary experience is required. How much does a simple secretary gets paid? It depends? Any answer is truly appreciated

Depends where you live and what the economy is like in your area. I was hired as a receptionist/secretary starting at about $10 an hour. Need basic computer knowledge, typing, programs like Word, Excel.

What's the job of a secretary?

Do the crap that no one else wants to do.

"A secretary's job is endless busy work."

I've done secretarial work, mostly answering phone, typing memos, working in Excel, filing, stuffing envelopes. When I became more experienced, I learned Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.

Then it's piece of cake... I fit perfectly for the position. :|

Sicy: You were paid $10 an hour. Unfortunately in Mexico you get paid BY DAY :tsk: I get a misserable wage :sigh: But I still manage to survive.

Is it a boring job? Do you get yelled at much? :der:

I worked as a secretary this past summer. It was pretty boring because I worked in a small office with not many employees. I basically just answered the phone, sorted and sent out mail, worked with databases on the computer, and stuff like that. And no, I never got yelled at. :)

Back
Top Bottom