What's the deal with hating clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clowns? :no:

Poltergeist ruined clowns for me for life. But then there's always the image of the clown being a real sicko underneath all the gear and makeup. :shrug: I dunno. I can't really explain it coherently.

336%3B4%3A5523232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3B%3A%3A36%3B57ot1lsi

:wave:

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

I read IT when the book first came out.

:crazy: :crack: :crack: ----> for years after that. Now I can take them or leave them.

Sicy, that pic... :faint: lol

Clowns are so shady... they just freak me out, and I dunno why. You never know who's behind that makeup... I was at Harvard Square with my dad once and this reeeeally shady clown was like stalking me... he didn't have a wig, it was just his own greasy mullet-like hair and he was smoking a cigarette... and he kept looking at me! I was like :ohmy: I really can't explain it, though, they just give me the creeps.

I've read It but haven't seen the movie. I haven't had enough experiences with clowns to know whether I'm afraid of them or not :|

I saw IT when I was six on TV. Scared the crap out of me, but I'm fine with clowns.

The thing that gets me all scared is balloons. You never know when the little f**kers are going to blow up in your face.

I think it's because clowns are terribly sad yet they have the fake happy face painted on. It freaks us out because maybe so many people can relate to that. :(

Like someone else said, I find clowns scary because of the wild makeup and exagerrated features...it's hard to explain it. IT didn't help, either. And no thanks for that pic, Sicy...lol :mad:

Back
Top Bottom