What's the coolest iPod protector?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm trying to figure out what the coolest iPod protector is. I know it is a very delicate piece of hardware and I'm very picky about scratches and dings.

So, what's the coolest iPod protector available on the net?

I already ordered the apple socks but they're not convenient enough to let you use the iPod while they are on.

i've got one. i can't remember the name of it and of course now i can't find the box.

it's clear and the part where the buttons are isn't in the case so you don't have to take it out every time you want to change the song or volume. i hate that i can't remember the name but they sold it at the apple store so it should still be there.

mine's for the 2nd gen but i remember they do have one for the new design. whatever you get, make sure you always keep it covered because the back scratches up so easily.

I have an iSkin for my iPod

Arctic.jpg

I have it in the clear translucent so you can see the colors of my U2 iPod.

In fact as soon as I got my iPod it went straight into the iSkin and I don't have as single scratch on it.

The rubbery iSkins are good because you can get a grip on it. The naked (heh heh I said naked) iPod is slippery and I was dropping mine a lot.
It's washable too.

I have the same kind of case as BC although I was very tempted to buy the Glow In The Dark iSkin before the folio came out.

On that note, has anyone tried the iCream or any other iPod Scratch Remover? I'm kinda worried about the cream stuff altering the etching on the back.

i've got the contour designs 4g showcase, it's a clear plastic shell that folds open like a book and has heavy duty hinges. the thing that sucks is the plastic gets all scratched up, but at least my ipod doesn't. i'd get the one with the black rubber around the edges too, cos my white one gets dirty way too easy.

shrmn8rpoptart said:
i've got the contour designs 4g showcase, it's a clear plastic shell that folds open like a book and has heavy duty hinges. the thing that sucks is the plastic gets all scratched up, but at least my ipod doesn't. i'd get the one with the black rubber around the edges too, cos my white one gets dirty way too easy.

I have the same, as does my brother. It feels really safe in this hardshell case:

http://www.contourdesign.com/showcase/3g/

Wow, there are actually remote controls for the ipod. :ohmy:

How lazy do you have to be??? If you're wearing the earphones is it really that far away that you have the absolute necessity to use a remote control? :scratch:

BrownEyedBoy said:
Wow, there are actually remote controls for the ipod. :ohmy:

How lazy do you have to be??? If you're wearing the earphones is it really that far away that you have the absolute necessity to use a remote control? :scratch:

The remote proves useful for when your driving. While keeping your eyes on the road, you are able to control the 'pod with the controls mounted on the steering wheel. Or better yet, if you are on a road trip, your car-mates can shuffle through the songs while you're driving. Another thing that proves useful about it, is say that you're out excercising. While cycling (if for some reason you are wearing headphones while out cycling on the road... which is bad) you can shuffle through your songs while having the 'pod tucked away safely in your pack or jersey.

I bought this U2 iPod cover - it's a hard cover and it's been great for all kinds of use. Plus it looks cool, and is u2-related since I didn't get the U2 iPod.

The only thing was it looks like it comes with a clip, but you have to buy that separate.

I got the U2 Special Edition pod cover from iCase.com - it's leather, black and red, and protects it really well. It's got a vinyl, clear cover thingy over the back so you can access the buttons and see the signatures while it's still in the sleeve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom