Whats the best tori amos album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-macphisto-

Refugee
I dont know anything about her but Im going to buy one of her cd's which one should I buy first? And who can recommend me 2 other great albums to buy from another artist?

The general consensus around here is that with Tori it's good to start at the beginning: Little Earthquakes. Pick it up first thing tomorrow. We'll be waiting.

Im signing up for BMG again, so I thought Id give her a try, thanks for the recommendation, Ill check it out!

LITTLE EARTHQUAKES

Bar none, hands down, 'nuff said :|

Just buy it already.

Under the Pink is awesome too. It was a perfect second album for her. (Yes, not counting Y Kant Tori Read for the purists. ;) )

Saracene said:
I found Little Earthquakes a great album to start with, athough From the Choirgirl Hotel is my favourite.

I wonder if she'll ever do another Choirgirl-type record. iieee and Liquid Diamonds. :drool:

Numb1075 said:
little eathquakes is the best overall

however, the best song is Professional Widow - song is insane:coocoo: :dancing:

I'm just starting to get into Tori and bought her greatest hits - Tales of a Librarian. I'll have to check this song out.

I did buy her Spark single which had some great songs to accompany the main title. Also, I bought the second installment of the Best of Red Rocks CD, which has a live version of A Sort of Fairytale. That's really when I started paying more attention to her.

ADecentMelody said:

I'm just starting to get into Tori and bought her greatest hits - Tales of a Librarian. I'll have to check this song out.

Tales has a remix of the original Professional Widow and it's a completely different song. I mean, basically it sucks. You need to hear the original from Boys for Pele.

Little Earthquakes and Under the Pink are old-school Tori pretty much just her and a piano. Then you have Boys for Pele where she brings in the Harpsichord. Then From the Chiorgirl Hotel has more instruments and more electronica elements to it. It's my favorite, but her others are very good as well. "A Tori Amos Collection — Tales of a Librarian" is her best of, which might be a good place to start.

Little Earthquakes is definitely my favorite.

Tales is a good place to start too, if you would prefer a compilation to an album.

Hey, I got the CD yesterday, I listened to it, and I loved it, Tori's lyrics are awesome! She reminds me alot of Kate Bush, Im going to have to buy all her cd's!

macphisto23 said:
Hey, I got the CD yesterday, I listened to it, and I loved it, Tori's lyrics are awesome! She reminds me alot of Kate Bush, Im going to have to buy all her cd's!

Little Earthquakes??

What are your favorite songs so far? I remember that album blew me away when I first heard it.

Glad you liked it! That's awesome! :)

I own all of her albums, plus a handful of singles. You won't regret buying them all. :yes:

u2popmofo said:

Little Earthquakes??

What are your favorite songs so far? I remember that album blew me away when I first heard it.

Ya, Little Earthquakes!
Umm I dont remember any of the titles, and I dont feel like checking right now, but I was really amazed at the first song, (crucify, saviour) It was sweet, I liked every single song, mostly for her creativness and her lyrics!

Little Earthquakes is a masterpiece! It's my favorite album by a female artist ever! Crucify, Girl, Silent All These Years, Winter, China and Leather are all gorgeous. Not to mention Precious Things is genius.

joyfulgirl said:
I don't believe you're leaving cos me and Charles Manson like the same ice cream.

definitely one of my favourites! :up:

HelloAngel said:
(Yes, not counting Y Kant Tori Read for the purists. ;) )

That title still makes me chuckle after all these years.

Not to mention the album cover!

ta_yktr.jpg

Melon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom