what's the best outkast album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stankonia.jpg

Yes, Aquemini. There's no fucking way that it's Stankonia, which does, though, have a number of tracks which are right around the best of this current decade.

Just spent half my night listening to "Int'l Players Anthem," BTW. God, I love Ice Cold...fuck UGK, son. OTK for the motherfucking win!

well obviously the old school hip hop fans are going to say Aquemini (I'm surprised they went with something that recent), but if you really want to see what Big Boi and Andre 3000 are truly capable of, pick up the double album, Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. It doesn't have as much pure rapping, but it's really a tour de force.

I'm sure there will be dissenters on my statements.

All of their albums are great, BTW.

Does Aquemini have Humble Mumble on it? No? Ok, Stankonia is still my fav then.

lazarus said:
well obviously the old school hip hop fans are going to say Aquemini (I'm surprised they went with something that recent), but if you really want to see what Big Boi and Andre 3000 are truly capable of, pick up the double album, Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. It doesn't have as much pure rapping, but it's really a tour de force.

Speakerboxxx runs rings around nearly everything, but I find The Love Below a tad tedious at times.

lazarus said:

If that were one record, it wouldn't only be Outkast's best, it would be one of the best five or so hip-hop records in history.

But it's/they're not, so it/they isn't/aren't.

I don't know how you would make that flow, though. Andre's retro diversions would be hard to track alongside BB's more "normal" hip hop...

lazarus said:
I don't know how you would make that flow, though. Andre's retro diversions would be hard to track alongside BB's more "normal" hip hop...

Definitely, but song-for-song, it's (or, rather, it would be) just about unbeatable.

Back
Top Bottom