what's so nice about Bjork's music? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-18-2001, 09:07 PM   #16
Local Time: 06:45 PM
I haven't heard enough to judge for myself, foray, but I've often wondered the same thing!

since I'm not knowledgable, I'll back out...

And I must be an acrobat
To talk like this, and act like that...

Old 05-20-2001, 01:14 PM   #17
The Fly
Local Time: 11:45 PM
Originally posted by joyfulgirl:

I gave myself whiplash once dancing alone in my living room to "I Miss You." I love where that song goes with those crazy horns.
Did your insurance cover it?
Crazy horns are nothing to fool around with.

"Isobel" is another favorite.
That song is definitely up there with my all-time favorites. Even that simple whistling part at the end does more for me than 90% of the stuff that I would hear on the radio, if I still listened to the radio.

Old 05-21-2001, 07:53 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:45 PM
To me, Bjork's music is a breath of fresh air. Exciting vocals, groundbreaking beats, unconventional lyrics. That's really all I can say, at the risk of repeating all the great things already said by others. I loved her at the grammy's too. I felt bad that people would mock her dress, but I admired her for her boldness.

I highly recommend the song Joga, too, which I don't think anyone mentioned (It's on Homogenic). I once read in a year-end issue of a music magazine (don't remember which one) that Thom Yorke said it was the one song of the year that he wished he'd written. BTW, their duet I've Seen It All is beautiful! I was hoping Thom would come out and sing at the grammy's.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:47 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:45 PM
Hey! Wanted to bring this up again because I've decided that I like Selmasongs--A LOT. After watching DITD for the 2nd time recently, I discovered that gem of a song, A New World. After that, I began liking I've Seen It All, Qvalda...

I should check out Bjork's albums soon. Probably the one with the same producer as Selmasongs. He did Homogenic too didn't he?...

Old 08-08-2001, 04:07 AM   #20
Local Time: 10:45 PM
I like her stuff, its fresh, its original.

I loved her music when she was in a punk band in the 70s, in Kukl and Sugarcubes in the 80s and now solo, although I have to admit that I prefer the Sugarcubes stuff. I have some recordings from the time she was in this punk band around 1980. The only interesting stuff is her voice though.

Bjrk is different, even in Iceland shes considered a freak. Thats what makes her interesting. Sort of like with U2, you never know what shell come up with next.

The world is but one country and mankind its citizens. ~ Bah'u'llh
Old 08-08-2001, 09:26 AM   #21
Her new album is coming out soon...

SAME OLD STORY- Hardcore American Comedy
Old 08-08-2001, 11:21 AM   #22
love, blood, life
Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 12:45 AM
Well, no doubt u know Bono worships her ass and the ground she walks on!!!!!!

Anyway, I think the song, 'Come to Me' is very beautiful, and no doubt loads of couples make love to that!!!! Also, when she sang 'The Anchor Song' on the Millenium Eve Celebration Night, it was beautifully sung..........

My mum, however, thinks shes a spoilt little bitch who should have been hurt badly for punching that lady interviewer that time.........

Old 08-08-2001, 12:27 PM   #23
The Fly
As I heard it that lady interviewer had it coming. She just ran up to Bjork and her young son (in an airport I believe) and started asking her son personal questions. To me that's totally out of line, though I think punching her for it was a bit much.