What's so great about going to the beach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevation2u

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ok, I know it probably is jsut me but i dont undertsand the great thing about going to the beach, I love looking at it and walking there with the nice sun and cool breeze. But actually going in it?:yuck: I dont know, I live in San Diego and the beaches aren't as clean as they one may thinks. They're always polluted etc....
and its not fun for me going in there,
everyone else loves it:love:

I do, however, love going down in Southern Baja in the bays in Sea of Cortez....clean, clear, warmer water, no waves, secluded beaches with wonderful scenary:drool:.. i guess the waves, crowds, are a turn off

I spy the angry smilie...

:sexywink:

I don't like sunbathing on the beach. It's one of those things which always looks so good on TV but then I really don't enjoy once I get there. Possibly because it's so packed and don't like busy places. Possibly because I don't like exposing my body and can't get away with wearing jeans. Possibly because i'm just boring. :shrug:
I used to enjoy swimming in the sea, but Bournemouth beachwater has gone downhill in recent years :angry:

It always gets in your food.
Who can forget the sand grains that go crunch as you bite into your tasty lunch.

Honoring my reputation in this forum, I will say that what is great about going to the beach are...

Chicks in bikini.

:wink:

Seriously speaking, I happen to like doing nothing... and if you can do it under the sun, and with the sound of the waves in the background... even better.

Last edited:
i personally hate the beach. the hot sand burning my feet. and when you get to the water and dip your feet in and go back to the sand, your feet get all brown and nasty and the sand clings onto your skin.

but the good things are that the scenery is nice and just the thought of it is fun.

unfortunately there aren't many good beaches around here in chicago, because.. THERE'S NO OCEAN. and I love the ocean. i hate lakes. :|

Growing up on the beach has made me a fan of it. I guess it's just a thing from childhood, but I absolutely love it.

Not easy to find beaches in Texas though. Never been to Corpus or Padre, and Galveston is naaaasty.

i hate the beach. :mad:

i hate the heat, i hate the crowds, i hate seeing people all over the place in atrocious, ill-fitting bathing suits. plus my skin is so pale that i'm a human reflector, and i'd prefer to skip skin cancer.

i can make an exception for the beach at night, though.

:drool:

I love the beach, but then again, I grew up in the Mediterranean. There is something so special about that scent of sea salt in the air, the waves crashing against the sand and then receding again, the sun and the shade and the ever present breeze.

Oh, to be in Negril right now...

Ive lived on the oregon coast my whole life :shrug:
The beach excited me when I left for 3 months and then came back
I used to go jump in the freezing ass cold ocean during the winter :lol: it was awesome
and surfing is a blast
But I dont wear bathing suits so the beach kinda sucks for me
You know that pic of bono on the beach fully clothed in black? yeah....thats me

I love boogie boarding. I love swimming in the ocean. I love the sight of the ocean. I grew up in the midwest and I only saw an ocean 2 times before I was about 22-23, so even though I live in California, whenever I go to the ocean I still regard it as a special treat.

From my apt balcony, I spend my weekends there(when we have sun)

29866000_0465-med.JPG

I love going to the beach. We four-wheel out onto one of our local beaches with friends all the time. Just drive along 'til you find the spot you like, back the Blazer in and ta-da! - you're at the beach. No schlepping all your gear for several hundred yards, feeding money into parking meters, etc, etc.

We even sometimes camp out at the beach. There's nothing like falling asleep with a gentle breeze blowing & the gentle sounds of the surf. :drool: And while it's true that it takes some practice to perfect eating your food & not a mouthful of sand, and that relieving yourself behind a sand dune like you were a cat in a litter box isn't my idea of PERFECT accomodations, those are small aggravations versus the benefits!! :yes: :up: :love:

:shocked: wha! I LIVE for the beach! I go every Sunday, all day, and used to go Saturday too, but now Phil has to work on Saturdays. Why I love the beach = I can lay there in the sun all by myself, doing nothing but basking and listening to music and not have to deal w/ people I don't care to deal with and if I ever get too hot, I can jump in the water. The beach I go to on the weekends is VERY busy, BUT it's more of the family the beach so it's mostly couples and groups of small children that just make sandcastles and play good with each other. Also, we have our own spot towards the end and most of the people congregate in the middle b/c they have a playground and volleyball nets there. There is the more popular beach farther north, but that's where the people my age go and I don't like most people my age. I also love or Lake Michigan beaches b/c the water is fresh and not salt, but it's basically like being at the ocean.

dandy said:
i hate the beach. :mad:

i hate the heat, i hate the crowds, i hate seeing people all over the place in atrocious, ill-fitting bathing suits. plus my skin is so pale that i'm a human reflector, and i'd prefer to skip skin cancer.

i can make an exception for the beach at night, though.

:drool:

What a deliciously snappy, bitchy and cranky reply :heart:

:flirt:

:angry:

inmyplace13 said:
Growing up on the beach has made me a fan of it. I guess it's just a thing from childhood, but I absolutely love it.

Not easy to find beaches in Texas though. Never been to Corpus or Padre, and Galveston is naaaasty.

I was born on Galveston Island and lived there the first 10 years of my life. I agree Galveston beach is very nasty!!

I could never figure out why everytime we had family from out of town visiting, they ALWAYS wanted to go to the beach. I would just ask WHY!!?!! It has ugly brown sand with tar all over it and nasty brown water,YUCK. :yuck:
It wasn't until I got married and moved to Florida did I find out how nice a beach could be. :)

mdw3935 said:

I was born on Galveston Island and lived there the first 10 years of my life. I agree Galveston beach is very nasty!!

I could never figure out why everytime we had family from out of town visiting, they ALWAYS wanted to go to the beach. I would just ask WHY!!?!! It has ugly brown sand with tar all over it and nasty brown water,YUCK. :yuck:
It wasn't until I got married and moved to Florida did I find out how nice a beach could be. :)

Florida Beaches:drool: Venice beach:drool: Sanibel Island:drool:

I LOVE camping at the beach!! Waking up early and watching the sun rise over the ocean is my favorite place to be. At night with the moonlight reflecting and the sound of the waves that's heaven.

Used to love to boogie board but yeah getting the sand in certain spots is a bit of a hassle. Don't like the crowds either.

Back
Top Bottom