What's On Your Walls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Just something fun for a Friday.
smile.gif

Christmas lights
4 different *POP* posters
ATYCLB "Beautiful Day" promo
Larry "Paiste" drum ad poster
Bram Stoker's Dracula poster
A creepy vampire poster
A Nightmare Before Christmas poster
An Edward Scissorhands action figure
Wonder Woman action figures
dried roses from an ex-boyfriend (which need to come down, yikes)
A corkboard with a mess of stuff on it.
James Dean poster above my window

Umm, I think that's it. And yeah, I'm weird. Oh well.
tongue.gif

------------------
Cut out the poetry
Let's hit the main artery
No time for a tourniquet
Let the colour's all run out of me

It's hard to tell right now because my walls are melting.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

33345%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323278%3A5437%3Aot1lsi

33345%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323278%3A5437%3Bot1lsi

33345%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323278%3A54442ot1lsi

In the main room is a sun/moon theme. Carpets, paintings, suns moons everywhere.

------------------
My Lair

Originally posted by Sicy:

33345%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323278%3A54442ot1lsi

Heeeyyy!!
biggrin.gif
I have that poster on the right, too! And a Sheryl Crow poster and my U2 calendar and a Star Wars poster and a lot of other pictures of Bono and magazine things....and origami cranes!

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL
And planting an amazing fern on her shoulder... ~ScottPhisto~

I got lost in the Netherlands!!

You can dream, But you can never go back the way you came

Paintings by my Grandma, sort of a painting done by sewing by my other Grandma, a mirror and a 2002 calendar.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-18-2002).]

I share a room with my sister (YUCK!!) So I will describe what is on both sides, and see if you can guess which side is who's!!

Side A

-Posters for the following movies: "She's All That", "Boys and Girls", "Bring it On", and "American Pie"
-Ticket Stubs for BackStreet Boys, Britney Spears, and NSync
-Posters of Brian from Backstreet Boys
-Pictures of 'a girl' Posing with the members of NSync, and Rick from Much Music
-Backstreet Boys 2002 Calender

Side B
-Posters of the Following Movies: "Memento", "Million Dollar Hotel", and "Shakespeare in Love"
-U2 2002 Calender
-Van Gogh's Sunflower Framed Print
-Mini Prints of Various Paintings
-U2 Ticket Stubs
-Dried Bouquet from a Wedding that 'a girl' was in
-Tons of pictures of 'a girls' boyfriend

What I have:

James Dean poster
U2 POP Poster
BONO POP poster
Bono JT minie Poster
biggrin.gif

On the wall near my bed I have the ATYCLB Tour poster and an Eddie Vedder poster
A minie Elvis from the 50's thing hehehe
I have framed prints of MichaelAngelo + Monet on one wall.

And this one small little wall (my room is shaped so weird) I have pics of my nephew and 2 little nieces and art work from my little nephew
My Pearl Jam 2002 Calender + my U2 2002 Calendar!
biggrin.gif
LOL

And finally near my computer desk I have a painting I made from acrylics of an angel.
A glossy photo of Eddie Vedder I just recently got from a friend.
A Bono glossy photo pic
A Larry Mullen Jnr Glossy Photo thing from ZOO TV
And a lot of glowing stars on my ceiling!

And I do believe that is all!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

My bedroom is pretty bare, just a framed picture of Monet's waterlillies.

The living room has a big framed Walk On Cover poster, a big hand drawn POP picture that my boyfriend got me for christmas, 3 framed 8x10s I took at the elevation shows, a sequence series of pictures of a sunset that I took, and a framed poster and ticket stub of a RedSox/Yankees playoff game.

The guest room is my other "shrine" - mainly pictures of vintage Red Sox players and autographs I've collected over the years!

------------------
It's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

[This message has been edited by She ls Raging (edited 01-18-2002).]

Originally posted by Sicy:
33345%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323278%3A5437%3Aot1lsi

33345%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323278%3A5437%3Bot1lsi

In the main room is a sun/moon theme. Carpets, paintings, suns moons everywhere.

You just get cooler everyday, Sicy!!!

------------------
N A T E

Greedy for the good things as well as the bad.....

Well in my room I have...

-a Russian map of the world above my bed
-The 2002 U2 calendar
-black&white framed picture of a train wreck
-my degree
-map of Ireland and a ton of U2 photos from the latest tour in frames above my computer
-a squiggly IKEA mirror
-on the back of my door I have a map of Europe, a map of Scandanavia and 6 photos from U2 shows and Ireland

The rest of my aprt. is all adulty with proper pictures and prints lol.

hoo boy.

-U2 Zooropa-esque flag
-Maximum U2 mini-poster
-U2 "albums" poster sold at Elevation shows
-Red Elevation Tour Poster (small, Bono and album cover)
-U2 collage
-22 small printed pictures of PJ Harvey
-"The Lady of Shallot" poster(BEAUTIFUL)
-Oasis small magazine picture
-Motley Crue "New Tattoo" poster (cringe)
-Ozzy Osbourne action figure
-George Michael "songs from the last..." poster
-Nirvana postcard
-Creed Human Clay promo poster
-Creed Scott Stapp poster
-Metallica "Garage, Inc." poster
-Metallica "faces" poster
-a Christmas stocking
-A picture of Jesus walking on the water
-Lord of the Rings calender
-ANNA KOURNIKOVA POSTER!!!
-Shania Twain poster(music sucks, but the poster was free!)
-Britney Spears poster(music sucks, but
smile.gif
)
-8 printed pictures of Britney
-Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Long posterboard
-Beatles "black suits" poster
-Beatles Yellow Submarine action figures
-Guns n' Roses Slash, Axl, and Duff poster
-Bruce Springsteen black and white poster
-Sugar Ray new album poster
-New York Rangers clock
-Green Day "Warning" mini-poster
-Mario Lemieux poser(easily my first poster)
-Radiohead "Kid A" poster

And on my bookbag-
-Metallica logo patch
-Led Zeppelin patch
-U2 "Rattle and Hum" patch
-Creed patch
-Stone Temple Pilots patch
-Radiohead button
-Dave Matthews Button
-Coldplay button

eghats! my walls are covvvvered with stuff, many many beatles posters and U2 ones, a poster with the full text of romeo and juliet on it, ummmm a picture of a park in london, a new york calander, a tibetan calander, an island mural i did, a map of nantucket i painted on the wall, i also painted the john lennon selfportrait on me wall, and a huge flower on the ceiling. i also discovered the fun that can be made using only a permident marker, and have various poems and lyrics written in every spare spot......

~l

LOL this thread cracked me up...
wall a is the one on the same side as my door...anyyyyyway...
wall a: mirror (mostly blocked by a bunch of shiznit on my desk, purposely lol)
wall b: a little flower shelf thingie
wall c: two paintings i've had since i was a kid, my ireland calendar
wall d: a couple decorations, two pictures my mom sewed for me, and some windchimes.

all across my ceiling are christmas lights, and my walls are so bare because i painted my room myself and i don't wanna cover it up! lol...my U2/dd posters are in another room.
wink.gif

------------------
there is no tomorrow, only tonight...
ME!

I look in my mirror a lot.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

A HUGE Coca-Cola poster...we have them here at bus stops....its HUGE...and its got a wee white bear drinking coke on it but im takin it down soon it keeps falling down its soo big and its a christmas thing. I would put my u2 posters up but all the blue tack is being used to keep the big poster up

A memo board my aunt made me its got peach fabric on it with lots of multi ccoloured ribbons on it to hang stuff, u2 claender, a few disco ball baubles that were supposed to be on the christmas tree are hanging at the end of my curtain rail

A buzz light year poster and a black and white stereophonics poster are on the back of the door..

My room sounds like its full of junk but its a really pretty wee room and ALWAYS tidy...
biggrin.gif

Um. Paint.

The only non art pic I have up on my walls is a signed Craig Loundes and Neil Crompton poster! Soooooo cool. I guess no one knows what Im talking about anyway, so you'll have to take my word for it.

In my bedroom:

Kandinski print of his painting - "Concentric Circles"

Framed U2 poster from Rattle & Hum - black and white with the guys sitting on the ground and watching Edge play guitar. Poster says "A Journey Through The Heartland of America."

Framed U2 poster from the Zooropa Tour. Is blue with bright yellow stars and a blurry, stretched picture of the guys and a big outstretched Bono arm making a peace sign with his fingers.

A picture of a kitten from a wall calendar I had.

In my office -

Lichtenstein wall calendar
Picasso's "Guernica"
Framed U2 poster - Joshua Tree
dry erase board
2 pictures from a kitten calendar I had.

- HUGE PJ Harvey "Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea" poster
- 2 film posters - "Pulp Fiction" & "LA Confidential"
- U2 poster that is made up from the album covers
- B&W ATYCLB poster with the boys at the airport
- 2 colour photographs: Janis Joplin & Garbage
- A red-gold-black authentic Japanese samurai sword
- A big Chinese dragon made from pieces of wood

hmmm me and geocities. I don't know where Sicy's smilie cowgirl pic got to for heaven's sake!! but I wanted to share this funny coincidence thang with you if you like.
I do have my favourite U2 pic, postcard size in my bedroom, along with one of willie nelson , bourbon street (fave local band) and a small seascape painted by my friend. I have an old fashioned painting of Mary and baby Jesus under a tree feeding white doves too that gives me the warm fuzzies, remembering my Sunday School. I also love a photo of planet earth taken from the moon. and and and
smile.gif
www.geocities.com/cassowary2/giddyup.html

Diplomas and a painting of the Grotto. Figure out which one.....its not the one in Heff's backyard.

CK

Alrighty:

One wall - Madonna Calender; U2 Calender; massive framed pic of Empire State Building (print); another framed picture of NYC (mirrored - print); above both the famous Herb Ritts photo of Cindy, Christy, Naomi, blah blah all posing 'rather go naked than wear fur' campaign framed print.......

2nd wall - on its own a massive framed picture of NYC at night, looking down on the streets, through Times Square up to the (then) Trade Centre..
frown.gif
- print........
running along this wall and the other is a 360 degree panaromic (?) photo of Dallas at night, which is fecking gorgeous!!!!
biggrin.gif

Oh plus poster of Martin Luther King and his famous speech in Washington in front of the crowd, above him is a tiny ZOO TV piccie of Adam and Larry in the crowd??????..the rest is shelves of CDs and videos et shit??..

3rd wall ? Little Bono piccie????..and massive framed piccie specially designed and done up of the Titanic, its gorgeous and has a lovely soft touch of blue ?hue? to it?????

4th wall ? Poster print of NYC?s Central Station in 1930; Poster print of NYC Times Square in 1930, Poster print of Empire State Building in 1930, the famous Antjon picture print of U2 (same as in Sicys piccie), a HUGE framed print of Chrysler building, and above door tiny colour piccie photo of a whale?..behind and on door, Zooropa poster (same as Sicys ? the front of the album poster) only with U2 Zooropa style under it, and finally an A3 size photo of two Vauxhall rally cars???..

that?s my lot folks!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Lilac walls with white trim..

*Aquerelli artworks from Florence, Siena and Roma that I bought from the artists as they sat and painted them...

*A wooden shelf holding my fave things i've bought on trips overseas..Teeny lil book os Shakespeare's Sonnets from Stratford and a penny from The Globe Theatre, Venetian Commedia D'ellarte masks, teddy bear from Harrods, artwork from Dublin

*An artwork made of plaster and painted in water colour of an Irish Fishing Village I bought ina little village on the south coast of NSW, Australia.

*A lilac piece of shimmery material hangs from the walls above my wrought iron bed..

*Hawaii Rainbows penant I bought at the University of Hawaii

*A framed sketch my very cool grandmother drew for me of Bono and gave to me as a bday gift..

*Calendars from Venice and the Official U2 one
*A piece of ivy hangs above my bed across the wall..

*Fairy lights..BD promo poster, a Hawaiian sepia print of a Hula girl hangs now where my Bono flag used to, and a white wrought iron candle holder with a lilac candle.

*and my life size model of Wayne Newton that I made out of jello and space food sticks.

[This message has been edited by Charlie's Angel (edited 01-29-2002).]

U2 2002 calendar
All the album covers of u2
Pics off the internet of U2
Harry Potter stuff
Album covers by other artists
Hard Rock Cafe stuff
Bulletin board with U2 pics and stuff
a big sign that says "STOP" (lol)
Elevation poster from the Elevation import
A whole magazine with U2 on the cover (I couldn't bear to cut it up so I just taped the whole magazine up on the wall, lol)

A lot of other stuff...*whines* I want more u2 stuff!
btw, don't laugh at me about the harry potter stuff...that was a COOL movie.

------------------
"I think that Edge is the head of the band, I'm the heart, and Adam and Larry are the feet." - Bono, 1981

u2er@u2email.com

Joshua Tree poster

Couple of Sting posters

Two rare and unusual Sherlock Holmes posters

Whole bunch of animal posters and pictures, mostly wolves and horses

Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria

A castle by a dark Scottish loch

Poster of Venice

My university diploma
rolleyes.gif

A little print of a very cool late medieval painting I saw in Munich

Some boring bird prints

A beautiful painting of a cat among flowers that used to be at my grandmother's house before she died and still makes me think of being there with her

Man, I almost forgot my Scandinavian tapestry. It's just been there so long. It is a wall hanging of a children's story about Nils Somebody-or-other who flies around on a giant goose. Very bright and colorful and kind of kiddie looking
biggrin.gif
and lots of detail to look at.

That's about it...

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 02-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom