What's new with you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm....well.... as my location indicates, I'm moving to Calgary. My flight departs Friday morning, and I'm pretty busy right now packing and cleaning. :)

I guess I should worry about my own fansites, the game I'm Alpha testing, and my sole design client more than these boards, but I strongly believe I needed a break from my regular obligations. ;)

nothing. i've not even changed my hair colour lately. i haven't had the money. :( so now i've got 2-3" roots. :reject:

well, i'm trying to figure out how to negotiate my money so i can pay the rent check on time without it bouncing! and i've got a birthday party to organize tomorrow for a coworker. thank god i bought everything early because i sure don't have the money now.

plus i miss my kitties. they're at my parents house in quarantine. other than that, nothing. thanks for asking. :D

KhanadaRhodes said:

well, i'm trying to figure out how to negotiate my money so i can pay the rent check on time without it bouncing!

oh gah, well due to a terrible calculation error in my acct on my part, I just got cut off from my corporate card for 6 mths. because I bounced a check! :scream: :sad: :reject: :der:

Im chucking out the contents of my freezer as it defrosted itself overnight the night before last. When its completely defrosted (i have decided to let it go as all the food was ruined anyway) I will go on a big spending trip and stock up again.

Its also going to be a long weekend here this coming weekend so Im going to take the kiddies to the agricultural show and see lots of baa lambs and piggies. And maybe eat a chocolate showbag or three.

What is a chocolate showbag?
I'm currently hiding from the phone until the hospital offers triple bonus for coming in extra - beyond that drinking a mocha light frappachino and watching Bring it on - how I love mindless teen movies

youtwohearts said:
Sounds great everyone and I bounce lots of checks. It is all good. Part of life. When all is said and done my money isn't coming with me anyway.

you know what, I really wasnt too upset about this. I figured it is just money and I can figure my way around this. and if I lose my job over it, I can find another and secretly kiss my credit card for giving me a new job. :laugh: :shifty: *is it bad that I really think and hope for that!*

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:

Every year we have a Royal Show. Not just my state but all states. Ours is in Sep/Oct. I think it was originally designed for everyone to show off their prize bulls etc to the Queen.

There is judging of the animals, and some times the Queen or one of the other royals will hand out the medals but thats not really of interest.

There are also rollercoasters and other Really Huge Rides as well as exhibits of art and other stuff.

But the most important thing is the showbags. A showbag is something only available during the 10 days of the Royal Show. Its a plastic bag full of goodies put together by various manufacturers, that is available for purchase (they used to be free many moons ago). There are toy ones like Nemo and Barbie.

And then there are chocky ones. :love:

The Bertie Beetle (chocolate beetles with honeycomb chips inside) is one of the most popular and sells out quickly. People have been known to pay other people to purchase Bertie Beetle bags on the first day. Yes we scalp chocolate here :heart:

Hope that makes sense, if not just holler

sounds more exciting than Missouri's state fair - lots of mullets, nascar, livestock and fried food - but funnel cakes:drool:
yes I live in a Mecca of sophistication:wink:

After review of the showbags I can see where the chocolate ones would go first - make sure that you get some funnel cake if they have it :)

well...let's see...

* i met an amazing guy... but i have a bf and i don't know what to do :uhoh:, I went out with him (nothing happened) and he said he likes me too!!!

*I'm still with my project... there's a new pic.
000_0426.jpg

I just got a personalized copy of the combined rerelease of the Steve Kilbey books Earthed and Nineveh/The Ephemeron. Sweet!

Of course, now I have to buy another copy so this one stays in pristine condition...

lots new! :heart:

Next friday is my birthday (oct 8), Oct 9th I'm getting married, and then on October 10th, I'm off to Ireland for 10 days!! I'm nearly delirious with excitement! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

She ls Raging said:

Next friday is my birthday (oct 8), Oct 9th I'm getting married, and then on October 10th, I'm off to Ireland for 10 days!! I'm nearly delirious with excitement! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And new hubby better not forget you birthday or anniversary or he will be in REALLY deep do-do! :wink:

Right at this moment, I am extremely bored. It's cold and wet and I am stuck in the house with the 3 year old twins I childmind who are driving me mad. I came online to check my emails and got distracted by this place! :huh:

Well...today is hubby's birthday so we're going out for his birthday.

I've been sick lately so trying to recover...was going to go to a wedding this weekend but i've got so much work i've got to catch up on

Gotta dye my hair red...starting to show roots lol

She ls Raging said:

Next friday is my birthday (oct 8), Oct 9th I'm getting married, and then on October 10th, I'm off to Ireland for 10 days!! I'm nearly delirious with excitement!

:heart: I'm so happy & excited for you! :)

She ls Raging said:

Next friday is my birthday (oct 8), Oct 9th I'm getting married, and then on October 10th, I'm off to Ireland for 10 days!! I'm nearly delirious with excitement! :D

Yay! congrats :D That's wonderful :D I hope you have a great time

nurse chrissi said:
I'm currently hiding from the phone until the hospital offers triple bonus for coming in extra - beyond that drinking a mocha light frappachino and watching Bring it on - how I love mindless teen movies

Me too and I am too old to be watching them. Didn't see the second one though.

She ls Raging said:

One things better than the next. Happy Birthday, Congrats on your wedding and have a GREAT time in Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom