What's Happened To VH1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Danospano said:
I'll play devil's advocate:

*"Behind the Music" was ready to end. They'd done virtually every artist of the 1970's thru 1990's and it was exposing how little difference there was from one band to the next. The ratings were horrible and it had run it's course.

*"The List" (see above), they covered every single category of list imaginable and similar songs ended up being on many lists.

*"Pop-Up Video": I'm actually curious to know why this show wasn't renewed. The catalogue of video material could keep this show on forever, but apparenting it either wasn't making money, or the creators needed a break. (shrugs)

* "Surreal Life", "Fabulous Life...of...": Garbage...most of the time.

* "Storytellers": must have been lack of avaibile artists that would draw a large audience. David Bowie's was cool. Ringo Starr's; not so cool.

* "Best Week Ever"..."I love the 70', 80's, or 90's": Whenever I watched those shows I felt myself trying really hard to laugh. Most of the humor was predictable and overly sarcastic. Yawn.

I agree with all of the above except for what you said about 'The List'. But tell me this, what happened to VH1 Legends? Unlike Behind The Music, Legends gave an intelligent, introspective look into the biggest bands of all time. Where did it go?

namkcuR said:
I agree with all of the above except for what you said about 'The List'. But tell me this, what happened to VH1 Legends? Unlike Behind The Music, Legends gave an intelligent, introspective look into the biggest bands of all time. Where did it go?
and they hadn't done nearly as many legends shows as they'd done of behind the music. i remember when U2's legends premiered. i've got a tape of it somewhere. thank god i did because i've not seen that show on for like 4+ years.

pop-up videos was funny and kinda edgy. a lot of music shows kiss ass to the artists (even now with all this michael jackson shit i can't count all the times they have a fucking michael jackson marathon...do i really need to see that mini-series again and moonwalker and stuff? geez!) but pop-up videos did occasionally show some not-so-flattering facts about the artist. though it kinda sucks when they'd do one of an artist you love because it didn't present any new info (like new year's day, i already knew that wasn't the band on the horses) but it gave me oodles of useless trivia for everyone else.

Occasionally, I watch the VH-1 Top 20 Countdown to see how U2's videos are doing.

But honestly....the only "GREAT" show on VH-1, is the
"Rock-N-Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony"......
(Can't wait to see it televised on Mar. 19...and even though U2 is in it this year, it would still be a great show anyways...it always
has been in past years.) So-ooo, this is one program VH-1 actually
gets right..:drool: :drool:

Moonlit_Angel said:
And I wonder if they'll be adding old "MTV Unplugged" episodes into their lineup, 'cause they're showing one next weekend (featuring a band I like, no less :D).

The Cure? I'll be watching that for sure cos I missed the original one. That'd be great if they started rerunning those.

ARE there any music channels left? Fuse doesn't look bad, but we don't get it here... what about The Box? Is that still a channel? Does it show anything decent?

I gotta remember to watch "The Daily Show" more often, too, 'cause the few times I've caught it, it is pretty funny :).

alia612 said:
The Cure? I'll be watching that for sure cos I missed the original one.

Actually, I was referring to Crowded House...I don't know if they're showing a Cure episode, but if they are, hey, great news for you then, huh? :D.

Originally posted by alia612
That'd be great if they started rerunning those.

Yeah, it would, 'cause I never actually got a chance to see any episodes of that show when it originally aired (I think that was during the time when our cable company in our original hometown decided to pull MTV from its listings for a while 'cause they thought it was "too trashy" or something. Thankfully, people protested like mad and it was brought back, but by then the channel had started going way downhill :().

Originally posted by alia612
ARE there any music channels left? Fuse doesn't look bad, but we don't get it here... what about The Box? Is that still a channel? Does it show anything decent?

The Box...I remember getting that for a brief time in our original hometown, too. That was a pretty neat one to watch.

As mentioned, there's VH1 Classic, and MTV2...those are the only two other ones I can think of right now that still exist. We do get Fuse here.

Angela

:mad: vh1
:mad: discovery

also what happened to TLC (the learning channel)?!?!?! Now it's the Trading Spaces Channel :mad:. Trading Spaces is an alright show......but only when played ONCE a day, not 203576048754 times.

Back
Top Bottom