What's everyone's favorite/current wallpaper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. It really speaks volumes about the personalities of my cats lol.

Are they litter mates? I had two that were "sisters" and they always looked out for one another and then fought just like sisters do......really funny. I know what you mean about their personalities too!

I'll spare you the actual image that's my wallpaper. But I have the stinking suspicion that everyone knows who it is anyway.... :rolleyes: :D

Work:
15639124_2419-med.JPG

Home:
15639124_2414-med.JPG

Both from Chicago 9/20, taken by yours truly. :D

GibsonGirl said:

Eeep, I had to minimise it, it was massive. :yikes:

I've been using a larger version of this one too:

wp2.jpg

:bow: - Whoever took these original photos.

:ohmy:

GibsonGirl, that is from Parken Stadium, Copenhagen, Denmark :rockon:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i'm not sure if this is true or not for laptops but i do know this can happen with some televisions. i know the umm...rear projection televisions or something like that are particularly prone to image burning and there are often warnings about it on games and whatnot to be careful about pausing games if you have certain types of televisions.

(televisions, televisions, televisions, sheesh!!)

but i know this can happen with other screens to like lcd so i'm sure this would apply for laptops as well. so better to be safe than sorry! :up:

I've always wondered if it was somewhat of an urban legend....until I saw an image "burned" onto the screen. It wasn't a laptop, just a regular 17" CRT monitor. I was doing a work order for another problem and noticed that even though there was some scenery as the desktop wallpaper, there was this shadow of an NBA player! Sure enough, it stayed no matter what I changed the background to.

To prevent it, you don't need to change your wallpaper often - you need to use a screen saver. This person was leaving his computer on all night and all weekend (which is fine), but didn't have a screen saver go on, so it went sometimes for days without any programs showing on the screen.

I imagine it would be the same for a TV, since a CRT television is basically the same as a CRT monitor (just a different input source). However, I can't think of how you'd have one single image on the TV long enough for it to happen...unless maybe you paused a movie for a month!

A laptop uses and LCD display and the technology is totally different, so I don't think it's possible for an image to be "burned" onto the laptop screen just because it's not changed.

The high end tv's do get images burned into them. Plasma screen for sure.

The msnbc runner at the bottom of the screen is permanently etched on the screen of one guy I know

i think my wallpaper is the same now as it was the last time we had this thread :hmm: that means it's probably time for a change.

162a6037.jpg

mine has nothing to do with U2:

40689473_31a6cc75de.jpg

i took this picture of the George Washington Bridge, NYC...

U2Man said:

:ohmy:

GibsonGirl, that is from Parken Stadium, Copenhagen, Denmark :rockon:

...:yes: GibsonGirl, both the wallpapers you've posted are pics from the Vertigo show in Copenhagen! :D:up: :dance:

I'm trying very hard to spot myself in that pic! :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom