What's better? "The Bends" or a compilation of the best tunes from both Coldplay albu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoomerang96 said:
coldplay = radiohead ultra-lite. what's the point?

that's like if you're chosing a starting pitcher for your team in 1996, and you can have any pitcher in the world. do you pick anyone BUT greg maddux? come on.

i'm sorry jofo, this was just a bad question. coldplay is music for the masses, and while that's fine for pop purposes, it gets its ass royally kicked by anything radiohead has ever done.

LAUGHING OUT LOUD!

its not a bad question its just hard to compare.
somedays i'd pick Bends, others i'd pick Coldplay.
hell i go through that decision and many more every day on my way into work as i spend the entire journey trying to figure out what to listen to on my ipod.

For today i'll pick the Bends simply because i'm in the mood to put Street Spirit on repeat
and i had Coldplay on yesterday so it's Radioheads turn today then...

I reckon if you took the 8 best tracks off The Bends, I'd still prefer it to all of Coldplays published music. In fairness, most bands take at least 3 albums to really getting going, Radiohead are one of the exceptions.

(Edited to correct typo)

Last edited:
A compilation of the best Coldplay? Hmmm

1. Clocks
2. Don't Panic
3. Yellow
4. The Scientist
5. Warning Sign
6. We never change
7. Politik
8. Parachutes
9. Trouble
10. In My PLace
11. A rush of blood to the head
12. AMSTERDAM (MASTERPIECE)

versus

THE BENDS

Tough choice....

But I think I'll just go Coldplay....getting 57% of my vote.

Bends is classic, just for the fact that it's got BONES on it!

The Bends, probably (as already said) a 'desert island disc' for me! Plus whoever mentioned their Japanese Import Copy, I KNEW there must be a version of the record with 'Killer Cars' on there! A crime it was left off...plus all the Bends Era B-sides make an amazing stand alone album anyway...!

However, I couldn't really choose between Coldplay and Radiohead right now...I've just heard a TON of Coldplay B-sides and some of the new songs and have fallen back in love with them. Amazing stuff!

^
Are you trying to say you haven't listened to them, wow......buy the album "A Different Class" you'll hopefully find it as great as I do

Back
Top Bottom