Whats all the fuss about Radiohead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonna Run 2 U

New Yorker
Whenever U2 items are for sale they have Radiohead as related. I see no relation, they are crap. Karrrrmmmaaaa Pooollliiiceee = awful. People claim that U2 are the most over rated band - WRONG, Radiohead is definitely up there. I feel that people say they like them to feel sophisticated and have a "good taste" in music. They are experimental garbage...sorry i had to get that off my chest.

Gonna Run 2 U said:
Whenever U2 items are for sale they have Radiohead as related. I see no relation, they are crap. Karrrrmmmaaaa Pooollliiiceee = awful. People claim that U2 are the most over rated band - WRONG, Radiohead is definitely up there. I feel that people say they like them to feel sophisticated and have a "good taste" in music. They are experimental garbage...sorry i had to get that off my chest.

That's cool if that's your opinion, but just out of curiosity, how much of their material have you heard?

I got to see them 11 years ago when they were in their prime.

They were an amazing band. Worthy of the fuss.

It's like this: militant haters like yourself come around, and the RH fans defend the band pretty strongly because they like them. They appear to be more defensive than others, not really a fault of theirs.

whine3.jpg

Braubotics :happy:

Gonna Run 2 U said:
Ive heard Kid A and Ok Computer

That's kind of a poor sampling of the band. Their worst and best albums.

Check out "The Bends."

phillyfan26 said:
It's like this: militant haters like yourself come around, and the RH fans defend the band pretty strongly because they like them. They appear to be more defensive than others, not really a fault of theirs.

This is true.

It's like someone telling you a family member of yours sucks, but not really.

I'd suggest In Rainbows though, it's like the hot cousin.

Gonna Run 2 U said:

Oh, shut the hell up. You're a philistine. The reason you feel people say they like them to appear sophisticated and someone with good taste is because you are neither. I wouldn't worry about getting anything off your chest, it's that giant block of lead where your brain should be that's the problem. Try getting rid of that first.

Will someone lock this thread, please? We don't need some generic, trolling, and useless "criticism" of a obviously important and respected band cluttering up the forum.

This easily could have been posted in the In Rainbows discussion thread, where it would be equally ridiculed and dismissed as CRAP.

Last edited:
I've never gotten into Radiohead although theoretically I should love them. What kills it for me is Thom Yorke's voice -- it just grates and I can't get past that. Admittedly I haven't tried very hard to get into them, but music is something I enjoy, so if I'm not enjoying it I stop listening to it and move on to something else.

I don't hate them. I just don't listen to them. But I don't mind if other people like 'em. :)

the more i read what lancemc has to say, the more i see myself in him.

it brings a tear to my eye. it's beautiful.

thank you lance.

Pretty overhyped band, and I myself am a pretty hardcore fan. Adore OKC, adore 5-star albums KidA and In Rainbows, and do enjoy Amnesiac and HTTT from time to time. The Bends is bollocks though.

Horribly overrated. Some good ideas, they just don't use them as well as they could. Kid A is their only album that is decent all the way through, I think.

/opinion.

it's interesting to me how any band can be considered over-rated on this website, when reminded that this place is actually about u2.

Gonna Run 2 U said:

You're right, they have no relation. Radiohead's recent output is actually good.

Well, I obviously disagree with the notion that Radiohead are crap, as I enjoy most of their output. However, I do think it's fair to say that they are overrated at times, especially here.

Re: Re: Whats all the fuss about Radiohead?

lazarus said:

Oh, shut the hell up. You're a philistine. The reason you feel people say they like them to appear sophisticated and someone with good taste is because you are neither. I wouldn't worry about getting anything off your chest, it's that giant block of lead where your brain should be that's the problem. Try getting rid of that first.

Will someone lock this thread, please? We don't need some generic, trolling, and useless "criticism" of a obviously important and respected band cluttering up the forum.

This easily could have been posted in the In Rainbows discussion thread, where it would be equally ridiculed and dismissed as CRAP.

You sure do get riled up over nothing at times, laz.

Re: Re: Whats all the fuss about Radiohead?

lazarus said:

Parts of this reply were very inappropriate. Simmer down, please. If you disagree with the opinion of another person, there are nicer ways to present your argument. I also find that if you want to debate something, doing it in a nicer way is a lot more effective.

They're alright. made some good songs, made some bad songs. fair play to them for trying to change their sound and experiment. They are somewhat overhyped though.

phanan said:
Well, I obviously disagree with the notion that Radiohead are crap, as I enjoy most of their output. However, I do think it's fair to say that they are overrated at times, especially here.

:up::up:

Zoomerang96 said:
the more i read what lancemc has to say, the more i see myself in him.

it brings a tear to my eye. it's beautiful.

thank you lance.

Well this just won't do. You'll have to take this up with Dalton.

Re: Re: Re: Whats all the fuss about Radiohead?

Bonochick said:

Parts of this reply were very inappropriate. Simmer down, please. If you disagree with the opinion of another person, there are nicer ways to present your argument. I also find that if you want to debate something, doing it in a nicer way is a lot more effective.

Sorry, but this really came off as trolling to me, and as I said, we have a clear thread about Radiohead already active and on the first page.

"They are crap...I feel that people say they like them to feel sophisticated and have a "good taste" in music. They are experimental garbage." That doesn't sound like baiting? It's as insulting as ANYTHING I responded with. I was just called a poseur, and don't appreciate it in the slightest.

If this had been some actual critique I wouldn't have responded so harshly, as I'm not some kind of rabid fan that finds no fault with the band.

The original poster deserves some kind of reprimand as well, for making what is essentially a post screaming "RADIOHEAD SUCKS!!!" and then running away? Certainly that's not the point of this music discussion forum.

This thread gets 5 stars. I love the nerve it has. Bonus points for Laz having a hissy fit.

Back
Top Bottom