Whatever happened to.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
......Mr Patrick Swayze????

I miss him!!!!!!

frown.gif

He was the first "Mullet-man" Even Bono admitted that once. Long may he live!

------------------
beLIEve

Originally posted by Sperber:
He was the first "Mullet-man" Even Bono admitted that once. Long may he live!

OMG you said the M word - I peruse the forums from time to time, and outside PLEBA I thought the M word was unspoken!

Wow my eyes are opening wider....
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by icelady (edited 01-03-2002).]

I miss that 25 ton of sexy beast I do!

I loved him in Pointbreak, Ghost and esp To Wong Foo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN PADDY where are ya?

wait, didnt he almost get killed by a horsey or something? Did he retire cause of that?

frown.gif

The M word, as you call it, will never die. In fact here at Interference it will survive all other important terms like "food" or "life"

------------------
beLIEve

"...I carried the watermelon..." one of my favourite feelgood lines ever!!

Originally posted by mad1:
er what is hooking Mr Crawler?

maddie-

i believe he meant to write "hooking up."

------------------

you can try the best you can
the best you can is good enough

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:

either that or he was calling patrick swayze a whore.

true. lol

------------------

the best you can is good enough

if I recall correctly, he was in a string of bad movies. Perhaps his career never recovered.

Originally posted by cass:
"...I carried the watermelon..." one of my favourite feelgood lines ever!!

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA my friend and I say that to eachother any time someone does something stupid around a guy.
smile.gif

And as far as Mr. Swayze is concerned.... *sigh*

I'm with you Maddie, Patrick Swayze used to be one of my favourite actors!

I suppose he did make more than a couple of dodgy movies though....

I'll always remember him in that great SNL skit where he and Chris Farley were auditioning to be Chippendale's dancers.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by PopFly:
I'll always remember him in that great SNL skit where he and Chris Farley were auditioning to be Chippendale's dancers.

Hehe. I was just going to comment that he's probably working for Chippendale's now!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

That is very interesting in that I have thought the same thing. I read he has two movies coming out this year. It is probably he has gotten older, because I saw him on E or something and he did look older. But not just him, what has happened to America's greatest actress, Meryl Streep. Plus we could name so many more. It's pathetic how Hollywood uses them, chews them up, and then discards them. Sometimes they pop up again, like Sissy Spacek is doing now. Oh, the other one that's been missing a few years is Jessica Lang. If you think about the movies that come out, its not hard to realize why they aren't in them. But I want Patrick Swayze back, and Meryl Streep, and all the rest. And Daniel Day Lewis, did he retire?

Forgot to add, remember about 2 years ago he crashed his plane in AZ, and 2 guys that helped him got arrested, but not Patrick, for lying to the police.

And one more edit thing, something that really is bad is when a once great star shows up in little, teeny parts, e.g., Robert Hays from Airplane, and that just makes you so sad.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 01-06-2002).]

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 01-06-2002).]

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 01-07-2002).]

Even Jack Nicholson seems to have dropped off the map lately.

Here's a few others:

Michael Keaton
Steve Martin
Shit, who was that other guy? He was in Matlock, Three Men and a Baby - Tom Selleck, that's it!

------------------
"I could walk into this room
and the waves of conversation
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

Daniel Day-Lewis had a bit of semi-retirement, I believe. But he's always been a terribly choosy actor...only does the movies HE wants to do. And damn but is he ever an incredible actor. btw, isn't he going to be in that "Gangs of New York" movie? The one whose soundtrack U2 is contributing to?

-sula

Actually, Patrick's plane crashed within walking distance of my house - over at Van Nuys airport near LA California, which also happens to be the same airfield U2 keeps their plane at during LA gigs.
smile.gif

He was terrific in To Wong Foo, that movie was a riot, and very sweet. And how could i not like Dirty dancing?
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Ya Just cant get enough, of that Lovey Dovey stuff...*

" And to think I actually TOUCHED that tight, hard body!" - Miss MacPhisto

Three charged for lying in Swayze plane crash

By ALISHA BLACKWOOD
Saturday 17 June 2000

Three men were charged with lying for allegedly failing to tell police they helped actor Patrick Swayze remove beer and wine from his plane before driving him to a hotel after he made an emergency landing.

Swayze's publicist, Annett Wolf in Los Angeles, denied there was alcohol on the plane.

"It's unfortunate that there were people there who felt the need to say what they said," Wolf said today.

After Swayze landed his 1978 twin-engine Cessna 414A on June 1, police were unable to question him for 12 hours. The US National Transportation Safety Board instructed police to get a toxicology report from Swayze, according to the police report.

The actor was unhurt when he landed on a road where a subdivision is to be built in Prescott Valley, about 90 miles (144 kilometres) north of Phoenix. He hit a light pole, tearing off part of a wing.

The three men, charged with giving false information, said they helped the actor remove a half-empty 30-pack of beer and a near-empty bottle of wine from the plane before bringing him to a hotel, police said.

Brian Nelson, Adam Martin and Joshua Angel face the misdemeanour charge for initially telling police they didn't witness the incident. The three didn't return phone calls seeking comment. All were cited and released. Police spokesman sergeant P.J. Janik said there isn't enough evidence to charge Swayze, who contacted the Federal Aviation Administration after landing and told them he was forced to land because of pressurisation problems.

Bob Crispin, an investigator for the National Transportation Safety Board, confirmed that investigators found a fault in the pressurisation system that would cause symptoms, such as a loud noise, similar to what Swayze described.

Crispin said investigators found no evidence of alcohol in Swayze's plane.

Swayze, 47, has starred in movies including Ghost, a hit with Demi Moore, and Dirty Dancing, the 1987 movie that helped launch his career.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom