What year were you born?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What year were you born?

• before 1960 (specify in a post if you dare!)

Votes: 3 2.7%

Votes: 2 1.8%

Votes: 8 7.1%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 4 3.6%

Votes: 5 4.5%

Votes: 7 6.3%

Votes: 6 5.4%

Votes: 8 7.1%

Votes: 11 9.8%

• 1988 or after please specify

• Total voters
Nice poll. Based on the results of 80 people who specified an EXACT year, the average age of all people here at interference is 27!

This surprises me because I use to think there were few people over the age of 25 here, but the average age is 27, meaning most people here are over the age of 25.

The average age of most U2 fans though is about 33. The younger average for interference is do to more younger people being engaged in the internet I think.

STING2 said:
The average age of most U2 fans though is about 33. The younger average for interference is do to more younger people being engaged in the internet I think.

I'm 33 :wink: Well, for another week or so anyway :lol:

You're right, I think there are a lot of older fans that don't come online. And Tabby is right too, there are more teens than have voted if we can get the PLEBA girls over here that would show.

4/29/87

edit: forgot to add this....
the exact day of the infamous rocks hottest ticket concert.

Last edited:
*peeks from behind her lurker's rock* Rattle 'n Hum 1988 :yes:

I feel...young :reject: Really though, I knew everyone here was (were? yeesh, I suck at grammar) mainly in their 20s and 30s...so... *goes back to hiding*

The day I was born..................

August 23, 1963, a crowd of more than 250,000 people gathered in Washington, D.C.* and marched to the Capitol Building to support the passing of laws that guaranteed every American equal civil rights. Martin Luther King was at the front of the "March on Washington." On the steps of the Lincoln Memorial* that day, Dr. King delivered a speech that was later entitled "I Have a Dream." The March was one of the largest gatherings of black and white people that the nation's capital had ever seen... and no violence occurred.

The following is an excerpt from the speech entitled "I Have a Dream," delivered by Dr. Martin Luther King on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on August 23, 1963.

I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave-owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character...

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama ... will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plains, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return to the South. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning "My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.
Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!
Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!
Let freedom ring from the curvacious peaks of California!
But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!
Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!
Let freedom ring from every hill and mole hill of Mississippi.
From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of that old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God almighty, we are free at last!"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom