What would you do without internet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redkat said:
listen to less music

see fewer concerts

be less obsessed with my favorite band

watch more tv

have to go to the mall to shop

:down:

Here is my list....with the addition of "Have less friends around the world than I do now"

Good thread! :up:

And looking at most of the replies so far, it looks like it would be a great thing to go back to how things were. But I do so many things online.. pay bills, check bank balances, read up about music/movies/culture/history etc., meet people, shop, look for directions and on and on.. that I can't imagine being without the internet! :no:

But as some have said, I'd probably have more sleep and read more. So there's good and bad. :sigh:

I was thinking of all these things while driving home from work today:

I would have to use the TV Guide, phone book, dictionary, encyclopedias, almanac, read the real magazines & newspapers, talk on the phone instead of chatting, bank at the bank, MAIL my bills thru snail mail, resort to letter writing instead of email, use a typewriter and 10 key, FAX, file my income taxes thru the mail, mail order from catalogs via phone or mail, listen to music on the stereo, go to the library, talk to people face to face, resort to real maps for directions, use a travel agent, order pizza and take out by phone, garage & yard sales instead of eBay, rely on a day planner not Outlook calendar, shop at the market instead of ordering grocery delivery, renew my auto registration at DMV instead of online, shop for gifts at stores instead of online or ordering gift cards online, BUY music instead of downloading it, loan out my cds instead of ysi files, wait for photo developing and ordering duplicate prints instead of instant digital photos and emailing or posting pics, keep a hand written diary instead of a blog or Myspace, Have a real nickname again and not a screenname or AIM name, search cookbooks for recipes instead of googling recipes........the list is endless.

Carek1230 said:

I would have to use the TV Guide, phone book, dictionary, encyclopedias, almanac, read the real magazines & newspapers, talk on the phone instead of chatting, bank at the bank, MAIL my bills thru snail mail, resort to letter writing instead of email, use a typewriter and 10 key, FAX, file my income taxes thru the mail, mail order from catalogs via phone or mail, listen to music on the stereo, go to the library, talk to people face to face, resort to real maps for directions, use a travel agent, order pizza and take out by phone, garage & yard sales instead of eBay, rely on a day planner not Outlook calendar, shop at the market instead of ordering grocery delivery, renew my auto registration at DMV instead of online, shop for gifts at stores instead of online or ordering gift cards online, BUY music instead of downloading it, loan out my cds instead of ysi files, wait for photo developing and ordering duplicate prints instead of instant digital photos and emailing or posting pics, keep a hand written diary instead of a blog or Myspace, Have a real nickname again and not a screenname or AIM name, search cookbooks for recipes instead of googling recipes........the list is endless.

Me too!:yes:

Carek1230 said:

ditto here too...plus I'd probably spend more time outside :yes:

Everything to what Carek said plus Ms.Giggles and I'd get a whole hell of a lot more done here at work. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom