What Would You Change About You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Negativity about everything in my life.

How I overly worry too much about something to the point that it messes me up mentally
frown.gif

Just how I keep holding on to certain things from the past and can't or don't want to let them go. I just want to move on.

I'm too hard on myself. I wish I wasn't!

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I'd say what I would change, were it not for my inability to trust anyone. Nah, seriously, the following would change:

1. My suspicion
2. (linked to 1. - my shyness)
3. My rage
4. My depression
5. My inferiority complex
6. My ego
7. My short attention span
8. My addictive personality (hey, I come here everyday)

Damn, that basically just leaves my nice haircut...

Physical aspects: my metabolic rate, so I can be one of those lucky bastards who can eat brownies and ice-cream and not put on any weight,
smile.gif

Character aspects:

- My instinct to shrink away from people before they can get too close
- I get upset and tearful too easily
- I take rejection and disappointments too close to the heart
- I wish I could "read" people better
- My occasional patches of apathy and listlessness

My tendency to over-critique myself to the point that I lose sight of the good in a situation.

I'm too non-confrontational. I keep things quiet too often rather than bring them out in the open. And since I can't get anything resolved if it's all bottled up inside, that leads to my...

...tendency to think too much/over-analyze. Especially if there's something going on in my life that's causing some stress or anxiety, I think so much about it that I can go from being fairly level headed to a paranoid wreck and back again in a relatively short time.

I think I appear too selfless for my own good sometimes. I do want the people I love and care about to be happy, but sometimes (too often at the sake of my happiness) - I often don't voice strong feelings about my happiness. Why? Who knows...maybe some perverted notion of nobility. But I think it makes me appear too willing to accept bad news and keep going on gracefully. I may be a "nice guy," but sometimes it's too much to keep rolling with the punches. Sometimes I want to put up a passionate fight.

And I definitely need to change my sense of timing (re: relationships), or lack thereof. It's something that's been a thorn in my side for ages and I still can't seem to get it right.

Despite all that, I'm pretty comfortable with who I am, overall. There are definitely some things I'd like to change, some minor and some very major, but there are a lot of things about me I like and hope will never change. Sometimes it's just as hard to not change as it is to change...

------------------
And I don't know why a man
Search for himself in his lover's eyes
No I don't know why a man
Sees the truth but needs the lies

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 01-16-2002).]

Oh boy did u just ask me the WRONG question!!!! Scroll kids, I may be here a while.

* My legs, stomach, arms, face, and butt for starters.
*My vanity and obsession with my appearance
*Fear of taking risks
*Big talkedness- I talk far more than do.
* My inability to find a path in life
*Indecisiveness
*Addictive and obsessive nature
*Jealousy
*Poor concentration..ooh i thought of an idea for a poem, i wonder what colour top would look good with my new jeans, damn i need a facial, see what i mean?
*Disorganised
*messy
* MAJOR fear of rejection which in turn stops me from following my dreams and allowing myself to get close to people, which in turn ruins most rships and friendships I have.
* Terrible temper where i do a lot of yelling, things may get thrown and doors may be slammed all within the space of 30.25 seconds.
* Terrified of changing my life to make it better, which relaly comes down to the fear of rejection thing again.
*no self esteem
* OVERLY sensitive
* cant take criticism without falling into a heap on the floor
*I whinge a lot apparently
*Im a sap
* Hold onto the past for too long
*Fear of doctors
* Im selfish
* HUGE procrastinator
*I ramble!!!!!!!

this list will continue in my head now but I'll spare you all.

------------------
And if there is a God
I know he likes to Rock

Slane/Lon tour pics

I would change my -

* Fear of rejection and abandonment
* Shy and inhibited nature
* People pleasing
* Being anal about organisation and cleanliness/tidyness
* Hyper-sensitivity
* Inability to express myself verbally
* Sometimes pessimistic/melancholic nature
* Overanalysing
* Indecisiveness
* Sharp tongue

[This message has been edited by LuvLady (edited 01-16-2002).]

Please take this in the spirit that it's offered, which is as an honest observation:

I am intrigued about how often on an Internet forum, people note depression and/or shyness as character traits. Is it because on the net we can admit to these things (and God knows I'm all of these things), or is it that the Internet is an attractive release valve for this type of person? I've often wondered.

[This message has been edited by Kieran McConville (edited 01-16-2002).]

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I think the latter. Im not saying all people on the net are that way but I think you'll find many are.
Its an outlet for sure.

Yeah, you're probably right. It is an outlet for me, anyway. And we do live in the age of depression.

Physically:

-My thighs/butt
-Not crazy about the nose either but it'll do

Personality:

-I am waaaaaay to selfish/self-centered
-JEALOUS
-OBSESSIVE
-Always, always want what I can't have, can never just be happy/grateful for what I have
-Lazy
-Major inferiority complex

Uggggh. I'm really horrible!!! How do my friends stand me??
frown.gif

- My crappy skin
- My shyness
- The intense suspicion I feel towards most people who say they think I'm good looking.
- My fear of rejection
- My inability to manage relationships with women that well. The fact I've had almost nothing but utter heartbreak clouds my judgement sometimes. (No, I don't cheat, but I always make bad decsions regarding relationships in general)
- My endless procrastination
- My inability to get a job, despite experience and references
- My bitter cynicsm
- My chronic health problems

Personality Wise:
-I can be pre-occupied with myself
-I like to talk about doing things, but then don't do them
-When I do do things, I often don't finish them
-I have an inability to be myself at times
-I have an obsessive personality
-I fall in lust too easily
-I gossip too much
-I don't take enough risks
-I get nervous if plans go astray
-I think that my opinion is always right
-I am always early, which is a good think, except that I get annoyed at people who aren't

Physically
-I would like to lose 10 pounds

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I think the latter. Im not saying all people on the net are that way but I think you'll find many are.
Its an outlet for sure.

Girlie, if it matters, I think you're very pretty.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:

Uggggh. I'm really horrible!!! How do my friends stand me??
frown.gif

Awww! I think you're nice, Mrs. Edge.

Someone in here said they're afraid of the doctor....that is right up my alley. I got scared out of going about a year ago.

If I could, you know I would (lol) also change:

My laziness
My depression/social anxiety (although I'm working on that one)
Inability to get along with my sister
Taking things people say way too personally
Playing the Sims too much

*my tendancy to judge myself harshly on what other people think of me (i.e. He doesn't love me, I must therefore be unlovable. I hurt his feelings, I must therefore be a raging bitch)
*my tendancy to feel really guilty for trying to find my own happiness
*my metabolic rate
*my big hips/thighs/ass
*my small boobs

-My nose (too big)
-My gullibleness (is that a word?)
-The fact that I always try to think the best of people and thus get hurt and taken advantage of. But then again, do I really want to start thinking the worst of people?
-My tendency to speak before thinking and then say things that I hate myself for having said.
-My laziness.
-My tendency to talk about doing things and then not do them. I'm not as adventurous as I THINK I am.
-My tendency to fall for people who are totally wrong for me in one or more fundamental ways.
-Oh, and something SweetOnU2 said about worrying about things to the extent that they mess me up mentally. I can't take things calmly the way other people do. I make myself physically ill over the strangest things.
-I would also like to be a tiny bit shorter and a little bit fatter, but no big deal.

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 01-16-2002).]

Hmmm, let's see

-My metabolic rate (I really hate people who can have pizza for lunch and not gain 5 lbs)
-My inability to trust
-My overability to trust
-I set way too high expectations on people and thus am constantly being let down
-My selflessness (I wish I were more selfish)
-My inability to stand up to my parents and live the life that I want to live and not the life they want me to live (I am working on this)
-My oversensitivity and some might say paranoia
-My constant sadness
-My atrocious unhealthy habit of worrying about everyone and everything

And to quote Peaseblossom - my tendancy to feel really guilty for trying to find my own happiness

------------------
I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted,
It wasn't what you wanted

-My self-centerness
-The way I can be so "up-and-down" sometimes
-Not being able to follow through on goals I set for myself

There's a bit more, but I think some of you already know too much about me as it is.
tongue.gif

------------------
Cut out the poetry
Let's hit the main artery
No time for a tourniquet
Let the colour's all run out of me

My...
-low confidence
-mind (I really want to be intelligent)
-selfishness (definitely)
-laziness
-I need to be more opinionated

Blah, there's tons more, and that's not including the physical stuff.

Nothing. I'm perfect.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

everything quite honestly, i couldnt ever list them all, but that's besides the point because i feel that if i cant learn to live with me then im fucked for the rest of my life

Back
Top Bottom