What Would You Change About You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My temper
My chest size
My possessiveness over my friends
My smoking habits
My lack of any goals for the future

Phew... where do i start?

- my procrastination in real life (in achieving and setting goals)-trust me, if you haven't seen my amount of procrastinating, you ain't seen nothing yet!

- being too passive when it comes to maintaining friendships

- worrying about how other people see me as a person constantly

- finding it hard to cope with my own expectations about me

- spending too much time here

- questioning myself too much

- not being confident about my looks when comparing myself to other girls

- stop being such a chicken about the future and try more to "go for it"

- having a hard time letting go of stuff

- getting worked up about things way too much

- being so shy when it comes to cute guys

- doing less talking and planning and daydreaming and actually get things done

- stop being so moronically stubborn

- stop the belief that everyone else is doing better than me

- start being more patient and not go nuts at opposite opinions so often

- stop wondering why my friends like me

- BEING TOO HARD ON MYSELF

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-18-2002).]

~shyness, being to closed, keeping everything to myself, never giving my honest opinion amongst ppl i dont know very well.
~indecisiveness, have to see whatever im deciding about from all sides and inside out and still not able to make a decision.
~fear of rejection, i like to think of myself as someone who couldnt care less about what ppl think of me, but most of the time i do care..
~laziness, im so unbelievebly lazy.

thing others told me to change:
~negativity, hardly ever see the bright side of something. Never really bothered me, but when the rare occasion exists that i gave my opinion about something in my own negative way, it can get ppl down.
~cynicism, nicely combinated with the negativity. I love being sarcastic, but lots of ppl call my sarcasm cynicism

Tobe: i know exactly what you mean, and it's true - i guess it's always easier to write this stuff down than say it to someone.
And for some reason it's easier revealing this to complete strangers on the internet than talking to people close to you.

Also, i think i'm way braver and daring here than i'd ever be in real life.
Forgot this one:

- the occasional, yet persistent doubt of ever finding anyone special

I'd like to think that if there was something I wanted to change about myself that I could change it. I really don't care about my appearance nor social acceptance. This is not out of bitterness but from indifference. I find my existence pointless yet still live to experience mental and physical pain. I guess these sensations are pointless also in the grand scheme but they make me feel alive. Love? I don't understand it and I guess that's the problem its not to be understood but felt. Do I really care? Maybe if I pretend to.

Anyhow, it's interesting to see all the shy and lazy folks here with a healthy dose of analysis paralysis. I suppose though if you were outgoing and productive you wouldn't be here to begin with. Why does it matter what others think? Can't we just be ourselves and let things fall where they may.

Originally posted by qball7200:
I suppose though if you were outgoing and productive you wouldn't be here to begin with.

I think that is such a false and demeaning statement. I am probably one of the most outgoing people you could meet and don't even start on me on productive. I am sure I am not alone on this board. Overanalysis = paralysis? There is absolutely nothing wrong with analysing life, personalities, situations. It's all part of the process and you learn from it.

Not all people who hang out on the internet are socially inept and goaless thank-you very much.

AND! I say this not only in defense of my character but on behalf of the many people here that I have had the opportunity and privelage of meeting!

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 01-18-2002).]

I'm lazy
in every possible way
I even am a lazy friend

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Probably my shyness. If I wasnt so shy, I may have ended up with someone I cared very much for, someone who also felt the same way I did about her. When we finally let each other know this, it was too late. Regret is very painful........

------------------
N A T E

Greedy for the good things as well as the bad.....

Angel, I was just stating my general impression of those who posted in this thread. My intention wasn't to single anyone out. As far as the analysis paralysis comment, I meant to say many of us analyze situations to the point where nothing gets accomplished. This is not to say we shouldn't think about things but when you become obssessive about it, just like anything else it impairs you.

Understood.
icon39.gif

forgot one.. i spend too much money! cant help it, mostly useless things & cd's which in a way are rather useless too.

i forgot who brought it up but for me this is an excellent valve and also the best way to admit all these things cos im probably not going to meat any of you in person or really get to know any of you. And its so much easier to write stuff down than to say them to someone in person. Now it looks like i only visit this place to get all these things of my mind, which isnt true because without all these threads i probably wouldnt even be thinking of things like this. Hard to explain what my point is here, i hope some of you get it and i dont look like a complete idiot.

Back
Top Bottom