What were you doing before internet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^I remember 3.1 in my school....my family got our first computer in 1995, with a whopping 500MB hard disc:wink:

We got the internet later that year I think..our first ISP was Virgin me thinks.

Anyway before the internet I read, played the Snes, and played with lego and awful awful lot:D

Got Philk? said:

We had dial up internet on a Windows 3.1 opporating system. Ahhh windows 3.1.

:lol:

Our first computer's hard-drive was a whole 2 GB large! 28.8K modem!

Before the internet, I used to write letters to my friends that didn't live in the area. I moved a lot, so I had a lot of penpals. I read a lot more too!

First got the internet in 1996 (I was 16). I very vividly remember going to an anti-Backstreet Boys website with a friend. I can't believe I remember that site! :lmao:

When I first got the Internet, I used it mainly to look for pictures, to send emails, and find movie and music information. I certainly didn't use it then as much as I do now.

1997 was the year I started using the Internet at cafes and that's when I got my first hotmail account. One thing I can say is I definitely did not go to bed any sooner before the internet happened! Those days it was music on my walkman instead of music online! :lol: Of course I may have woken up later in the mornings during that time! :hmm:

Zootlesque said:
Actually I take that back. I'm not old, I'm still in my 20s! :angel:

:dance:
As am I :grumpy: Therefor I was born before the internet. I just shudder to recall such a time :no:

kafrun said:

As am I :grumpy: Therefor I was born before the internet. I just shudder to recall such a time :no:

Oh man, I just saw your profile. I'm only 2 years older than you! :lol:................. :sexywink:

You look a lot younger in that photo you posted with your friends! A lot!!! :wink:

Happy belated birthday, btw! :D

UberBeaver said:
I used to have to buy these things called "magazines", and then I'd have to hide them under the mattress. Now I just close the browser window! :happy: Technology rules.

:lmao:

I don't really remember a time before the internet. I mean, I've been on the computer since I was a little kid. Well, I guess maybe I played with other kids and played with my toys and all that. I had a huge imagination, I really did. but the internet didn't stifle that; growing up did...

I know I had a LOT more free time. I read a lot more, watched more TV (if that were possible), had a lot more time with friends, and went out a lot more. Of course, I used to say "I'm bored" a lot more too. :rolleyes:

I remember at work about 10-12 years ago, we had just gotten the new Netscape-precursor application "Mosaic"....I clicked on it and it took me into a whole new amazing world....and I've been on the internet ever since.

Hrmmm I got the net around the summer of 1996 right before I turned 19 years old... Before that, I was just out of highschool, not sure of what I really wanted to do in life, but who really does at that age? I was kind of weird. I always had computer access but never used the net, I mostly played computer games. The cool old ones. I was fond of games made by Sierra.. Like Kings Quest, Quest for Glory, etc.

I played computer games, listened to music, hung out with friends.

When I got the net in the summer of 96 I think we got one of those 15 hours of free AOL.. I burned through that quickly. I remember AOL back then.. There was something alluring about it. Finding chat rooms, going out on the web. I think the first night of net use was spent researching and looking for pictures of bands I liked.

I just remember there was a lot of things to look at and do on the web back then.

Now I just go to 2 message boards, check email and go to Myspace.. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom