What we college kids do to procrastinate.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha!

(I kept waiting for the roommate's b/f to show up... :wink: )

U2democrat, I just have to say that the title of this thread made me laugh out loud...because I am a college kid and procrastinating like mad at the moment, although I'm not doing anything nearly as awesome as that. :wink: You rule! :rockon:

Last edited:
:D Indra, I find your signature quote very appropriate for this thread. :up:

Cabcere said:
:D Indra, I find your signature quote very appropriate for this thread. :up:

Procrastination was my major in college...well, actually it's actually been the defining feature of my entire life. :)

U2democrat said:

:yes:

I e-mailed it to my parents...can't wait to hear their reaction.

I...am a dork. :D

I love it! :lmao:

its much easier to balance it if you look at the top of the tube rather than the base

You have reached YouTube, the premier digital video repository on the Internet. We are currently rolling out new changes to the site.

We'll be back as soon as we figure this out...

oh well, guess I'll check back to see this later!

It still works for me :up:

I got a response from my mom, she thinks I have too much time on my hands...really I was just putting off my work :shrug: She thought it was funny though :up:

heh...

Right now I've got 5 essays due in 2 weeks: first one for march 8th is done, the two for march 14th aren't, nor are the two for march 16th. That isn't a lot of time, and while normally I put off all the essays till the night before and then hammer them off in a 16 hour flurry of reading, writing, caffeine, and exhaustion, obviously that isn't possible when I have 2 due on the same day, and its especially impossible with 2 due on the same day twice in one week. I'm finding it very difficult to stay motivated, but I've put it off enough, and I'm already fucked if I don't get it all done...

So what do I do? Watch videos of people balancing cardboard tubes. And post about it. And then tell people on IRC how dumb I am.

Yeah :D

I think U2dem's on to something big here.....college procrastination sports! Call it tubing! See who can
balance a cardboard tube on the palm of your hand
the longest while roomie videotapes! :wink:

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
heh...

Right now I've got 5 essays due in 2 weeks: first one for march 8th is done, the two for march 14th aren't, nor are the two for march 16th. That isn't a lot of time, and while normally I put off all the essays till the night before and then hammer them off in a 16 hour flurry of reading, writing, caffeine, and exhaustion, obviously that isn't possible when I have 2 due on the same day, and its especially impossible with 2 due on the same day twice in one week. I'm finding it very difficult to stay motivated, but I've put it off enough, and I'm already fucked if I don't get it all done...

So what do I do? Watch videos of people balancing cardboard tubes. And post about it. And then tell people on IRC how dumb I am.

Today I had two different exams and two papers due. Yesterday night I had a paper and a presentation to do, so I spent the weekend working on that and just got started on my papers and exam studying for today last night. I was so not looking forward to it, I was cleaning all the litter boxes at 1am!

Ah well, the papers are in, the presentation was good, I got a 91% on my morning exam, not sure about the evening one but I finished superfast and left b/c he gave my group the rest of the 3 hour period off, and all the cats are happy so I guess it all turned out ok? :shrug:

Carek1230 said:
I think U2dem's on to something big here.....college procrastination sports! Call it tubing! See who can
balance a cardboard tube on the palm of your hand
the longest while roomie videotapes! :wink:

I haven't seen the vid b/c my comp sucks at the moment, but our school has this hilarious annual thing called the Cardboard Canoe Race. We have a pond over by the seminary and everyone in the school is allowed to enter the race. Each team has to construct a boat that will fit all of them, using only cardboard and duct tape. Then, you have to race two full laps around the Sem pond. If your boat sinks, you're DQed.

ccrace.JPG

I might procrastinate, but I don't have THAT much time! :lol:

ok it did work for me this time, very funny :lol: yeah and nice background music, I was singing along.

I can relate to looking for anything and everything to do when it comes time to study. In the end, it usually does work out though. The day before a due date, I will have no choice but to finally do the work. At the expense of a night's sleep ofcourse.

Back
Top Bottom