What we college kids do to procrastinate.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

ccrace.JPG

Yarr, this be the yarrest river-goin' boat thar be, says I.

I'm putting off deciding whether or not I'm going to do my optional sociology assignment. :uhoh: You know you're a bad procrastinator when...

U2dem, that was a cute video! Your rooms are much bigger than ours (I'm assuming you live in residence?). If I tried to do that in my room, I'd probably seriously injure myself.

Yeah our rooms are big, we have some of the nicest residences in the country, it's excellent :up:

Last night I actually studied two hours straight...no diversions onto Blue Crack...and the test isn't until friday!! :ohmy: I'm going to study more tonight too! (If I get my history paper done fast enough).

I just want to get everything done before spring break next week.

U2democrat said:
Yeah our rooms are big, we have some of the nicest residences in the country, it's excellent :up:

Last night I actually studied two hours straight...no diversions onto Blue Crack...and the test isn't until friday!! :ohmy: I'm going to study more tonight too! (If I get my history paper done fast enough).

Haha, from the looks of that video, it would be possible to fit two MUN rooms into one of yours. I can reach over and touch my roommate's bed if I want to. It's like living in a coffin.

You studied on Tuesday for a test that's on Friday? :crack: That's unheard of! :wink: Two days in advance is the most I ever do. And boy, does it show.

I haven't seen the vid b/c my comp sucks at the moment, but our school has this hilarious annual thing called the Cardboard Canoe Race. We have a pond over by the seminary and everyone in the school is allowed to enter the race. Each team has to construct a boat that will fit all of them, using only cardboard and duct tape. Then, you have to race two full laps around the Sem pond. If your boat sinks, you're DQed.

ccrace.JPG

I might procrastinate, but I don't have THAT much time! :lol:

Now THAT is funny! And is that a cardboard paper tube I see being used as a makeshift oar? Yarrrrr! :wink:

I haven't seen the vid b/c my comp sucks at the moment, but our school has this hilarious annual thing called the Cardboard Canoe Race. We have a pond over by the seminary and everyone in the school is allowed to enter the race. Each team has to construct a boat that will fit all of them, using only cardboard and duct tape. Then, you have to race two full laps around the Sem pond. If your boat sinks, you're DQed.

ccrace.JPG

I might procrastinate, but I don't have THAT much time! :lol:

I've done this as part of a corporate "team building" exercise. It is interesting the different designes that people come up with when building their cardboard boats.

:drool: Duct tape :drool:

some of the best stuff ever invented.

I'm supposed to be writing a history paper thats due tomorrow, but its only 3-4 pages. However, I have no idea what my thesis should be. All I know is that i'm arguing something based on John Locke's idea of human nature, but i can only use the primary source of his Second Treatise on Civil Government.

Maybe I can get away with arguing about how it influenced Thomas jefferson :shrug:

GibsonGirl said:

You studied on Tuesday for a test that's on Friday? :crack: That's unheard of! :wink: Two days in advance is the most I ever do. And boy, does it show.

Yeah, Laura, if you did this I think your video is justified!!! I wish I was able to fit in studying a week in advance. :wink:

Well considering on my last test I got a 67 I REALLY want to bring up that grade, and the class is frickin' hard. This way if I don't do well on the 2nd test I can at least tell my parents I actually tried.

Achtung_Bebe said:
I can relate to looking for anything and everything to do when it comes time to study. In the end, it usually does work out though. The day before a due date, I will have no choice but to finally do the work. At the expense of a night's sleep ofcourse.

Yep, same here. Except I think I've gotten to the point where the day before isn't good enough - not enough motivation/panic for me to get anything done, and I sometimes end up waiting until the morning of. :ohmy: Stupid, stupid, stupid, I know, but that's just the way I operate, I guess...last semester I finished two papers (not turned them in, finished them) fourteen and sixteen minutes before they were due, respectively. I got them printed out and to the professor with time to spare, but I know I'm living dangerously. :slant:

And why am I posting on here now? Because I have a 5-page midterm paper on American promotion of democracy abroad due tomorrow (in exactly thirteen hours and eight minutes, actually) that I haven't even really started on yet. :ohmy: WTF is wrong with me?! :|

U2democrat said:

Am I going to say how good it is to be doing third year geoscience :sexywink:

I wish I was able to fit in studying a week in advance. :wink:

I only start studying for final exams a week before they happen. :crack: Even then, it's usually only four days. Ah, the wonderful world of procrastinating and (in my case) low GPAs.

Thanks to you I am now finally going to start counting down the days until college....well at least graduation.....

OMG....only 90 days of high school left :faint:

Btw....for some reason that background music was just cracking me up

Techie2000 said:
I am now on vacation from college!

The last couple weeks have been hell.

I am not sure if I passed Calculus III :ohmy:

They've been hell for me too...but at 1 today my spring break officially starts :D

bono_212: You'll love college...it's infinitely better than high school. I've never been happier in my entire life.

Thanks that really does make me feel better, I was getting a little anxious about school :(

It's normal to be anxious, but when you get there you'll be SO happy. At least that's how it's been for me.

Now I'm home on spring break, a week off from papers and tests :rockon:

you have to take your tube balancing act seriously girl !

or youll never make it to hollywierd !

that was cool seein ya on the youtube, serisoulsly

Back
Top Bottom