What was your first post?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
Here's mine.....back in March before the first show of the Vertigo tour in San Diego.....talking to some people that I was going to meet there........they ended up being some of the JT family.....

"Can't wait! Only a few hours and I get to see them again!
I hope to see you guys at the parking lot...
Weather should be around 70 degrees!!!! Perfect!"

Wow! Very first post??? Who the hell remembers? :laugh:

Probably something in EYKIW or LS I'm pretty sure!

Now I wanna know what it was! Is there a way to find out? :crazy:

Zoot...go to your profile and click on the "Search for all posts by this user".....then click on "Last"....that's it.

Here, I did it for ya!

"Vertigo has definitely grown on me, contrary to many people who've gotten sick of it. I think part of the reason is because I don't watch much TV and saw that I-pod ad just once. :wink: The first time..."

omg! I was such a dork! :lol:

I can't believe I'm posting this but, what the hell!

12-31-2001 10:58 AM -

Yes, I am a newbie Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that PLEBA is the highlight of my day. I started logging on in October but thought I better take some time to read your posts daily (or 3, 4 or 5 times daily) before I officially joined. I am 35, married, 4 kids and you can see by my name, I kinda have a thing for Bono. Well, a really big thing actually! Thanks for letting me in and I will try my best not to come as too much of a newbie!

The first people to respond and be nice to me were:

NicaMom
spinninghead77
Mrs. Edge
Naya
U2Kitten
Tiny Dancer
Bonochick
MVD

:)

My first post no longer exists, but the oldest is from March 2001

Henry Rollins-"There is the foul creature..."
Some Guy-"Behind Bono?"
Henry Rollins-"It IS Bono, and he has big, sharp, pointy teeth"

I guess that's it, RR! :hyper: Wow, thanks for showing me how to check that! :up:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vertigo has definitely grown on me, contrary to many people who've gotten sick of it. I think part of the reason is because I don't watch much TV and saw that I-pod ad just once. The first time I heard it, I didn't like the weird and unnecessary spanish and thought the whole thing sounded a bit too goofy. But Edge's riff really is so catchy as hell, esp. in that mid-section, that I couldn't resist it! Anyway, my pet peeves still remain in the spanish words and the yeah yeahs at the end. Who's with me there? Let me throw this question out... Has anyone tried making a new mix of this song without the spanish or the yeah yeahs or even the 'no one gets hurt' line? Or would somebody be interested in doing it?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ILuvLarryMullen said:
i don't know what it was cause i'm not premium so I can't search, but i'm sure that it was in pleba :crack:

Here's yours....

My family thinks that I'm obsessed too, but I don't live with them so they don't really understand the extent of my obsession. My roomate though is convinced that I'm insane. She bitches about it all the time, and because I love driving her crazy I tend to step it up a notch around her and relate everything to U2. She's always saying that U2 sucks and the Larry (my fav. btw) is ugly. I'm 19 and she's 18 and she says that it is disgusting that I have the hots for a 40 year old man. I've tried to convert her to "U2ism" but I don't think it's going to work. She likes teen pop . I think I'll try to take it down a couple of notches while she's around before she ends up in the mental institution.

Remember? :happy:

Ooh, that reminds me... my 'actual' first post would be under a different screenname. :silent:

MVD, Did you say Bono Elevation 'pant' thread? What the hell was that about? :lmao:

Here you go Iris.....

"Hello All! I am new here and I am happy that I can finally post. I am also happy that I found PLEBA. After seeing all of those photos of Bono Elevation, and the messages that followed, I knew that I found..."

:D

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:hmm: mine would be under MissVelvetDress and not MissVelvetDress_75 and I am sure it was in PLEBA about in the Bono Elevation pant thread. :lmao: :shifty:

:reject:

:lmao:

Those were the days!

02-06-2004 10:39 AM -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hi Jade, I am new too. And, after a quick tutorial lesson from BAW and Mr BAW, I feel comfortable enough to reply!"

It was in Babyface Cafe and it went downhill from there!! :lol:

RedrocksU2 said:
Here you go Iris.....

"Hello All! I am new here and I am happy that I can finally post. I am also happy that I found PLEBA. After seeing all of those photos of Bono Elevation, and the messages that followed, I knew that I found..."

:D

:wink: :lmao: and there it is!

zoot, you will never know about the Bono and his elevation pants.

Oh dear god...I can just guess it had something to do with The Church..... :eek: :reject:

(checking now)

**edited to add**

Oh! It wasn't about The Church...it was a post in FYM in a thread about censorship.

I respectfully disagree. It's not the knowledge that's the problem, it's the putting that knowledge into action that would be offensive (and I'm not that bothered by your second example anyway).

Turns out I didn't mention The Church until my sixth post. :wink:

Last edited:
OMG! I found my very first post (from old id) on Interference. Posted here in all it's embarassing glory just for your entertainment...

08-25-2002 11:24 PM - What's up, fellow zooropeans?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone. This is a 23 year old guy from New Jersey, USA. I'm really interested in making friends with U2 fans in Jersey and elsewhere. I've been an avid fan of the band since the days of Achtung Baby. Achtung in my opinion is the absolute finest of all their albums. It has a little more style and charisma than The Joshua Tree which of course shows some excellent songwriting. Anyway, that's what I think. Allright, I'll close for now. But I'll be back...

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom