What was your first ever concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beatles -- 1964
Indianapolis, IN

Lots of screaming people!! John's hair was a golden light brown, it always appeared darker in pictures.

I was a sophomore in high school. It was a hot, hot day. Even though everyone had reserved tickets, the fans began to line up early. People began pushing against the doors and other people. It could have turned really nasty, if they hadn't opened the doors. It was wonderful to be part of that day. I wouldn't have traded it for the world. I can remember what I wore that day!:happy:

aerosmith in 1994 @ us air arena in scenic landover, maryland

a few years ago they imploded the arena, since the mci centre had taken over as the main sports/concert venue for the dc area. a part of my youth also imploded on that sad day :(

ewings said:
Beatles -- 1964
Indianapolis, IN

Lots of screaming people!! John's hair was a golden light brown, it always appeared darker in pictures.

Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky,,,

Triumph with opening act Helix

St. John's, Newfoundland 1985

I honestly can't recall if this was my very first concert or not, but Warren Zevon around 1984 at Bogarts in Cincinnati. Really fun show. It certainly was one of my first shows, if it wasn't the absolute first.

The Who, in the Coloseum, Seattle, 1977. Wow. No concert I've attended since came close to what I experienced that night until U2, Seattle 2. In the same venue, though it's now known as Key Arena and seems much smaller. Is it the nearly thirty years that have passed, or the new seating arrangement? Maybe both.

First one I ever attended was in the company of my parents, would have been about 1976 or so (I was 5), and it was, um, :shifty: Charlie Rich w/ Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty. :reject:

I was a concientious objecter, I swear!!! :laugh:

First performance I ever went to by my choice (although my mom accompanied me) was to see Helen Reddy in about 1978. This was well past the zenith of her career in the US & she was performing in the amphitheater of the amusement park we were vacationing in. Didn't matter to me though - I love(d) that woman's voice!

First show I went to on my own (OK, my boyfriend took me!) was August , maybe September of 1988: White Lion & Cinderella. Ahh....the "mullet metal" bands of the 80's. Whose teenage years would be complete without 'em? :lmao:

Last edited:
if I tell you, I'll have to kill you :ohmy:

(but most of you won't even know who they are, except the over 40 club :giggle: )

And I did see many of the bands you all mentioned, they just wouldn't qualify as my first show.

Someone giggled at The Fall; the singer's voice bugged the hell out of me. But 'Totally Wired' was cool... :cool:

Last edited:
blueeyedgirl said:
Come on Lila!

it was either Seals & Croft (radio contest) or Andy Gibb (went with friend in Junior High School) :shifty:

:reject:

BTW, I took my daughter to see McCartney a few years ago so that someday, she could hold her head proudly and say her first concert at 8 years of age was Paul McCartney (and she's going again in November). But I HAVE to find tickets for the 2 L.A. shows for U2 so I can take her to at least 1. She wasn't interested on the first leg, but now... she can't wait!!! :hyper:

Last edited:
thatsnotmypuppy said:
Ironically enough - Michael Jackson, Kooyong Stadium, Melbourne November 1997.

Great show, excellent singer, glad he's been found not guilty and I hope he DOES sign that Vegas contract as I'll be flying over to have a look real soon! Go Michael!

Is there people that actually still like this pervert? Wowo next you will be telling me that you think Gary Glitters a great guy!:wink:

barenaked ladies, august 1999 in connecticut (hartford...meadows music theater)

i consider that my first concert, but my parents dragged me to some kids music and folk music things when i was younger.

rjhbonovox said:

Is that the one that died young and was married to lulu?

He was the youngest brother, and the first of the brothers to die (R.I.P. Maurice too). I don't think he was married to Lulu, I could be wrong. He was dating Victoria Principle for the longest time...

Back
Top Bottom