What was YOUR dream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dreamt one of my friends was shooting people and then came up to me and put the gun to my head

I pleaded and pleased and he told me to calm down

then the ambulance came and they gased him...which was now a her.

then me and another friend got a ride on the bus and on the way I said to nick,
"what the hell is going on? I am going to assume that I'm dreaming right now!"

nick: "I hope so"

I was right. I was dreaming

In my high school yearbook, i recall putting down the following: pursue higher education, join the peace corps, become a renowned geneticist, move to australia, never marry, never have children.

well.....i attained a degree.....in early childhood education, never did join the peace corps, got a job as a kindergarten teacher, moved to singapore (temporarily), got married, and i am currently pregnant with my first child. :D

ironically, this was also my senior quote:
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

It's sort of creepy how I've gone the way of so many...

When I was in high school, I had widely outrageous dreams. I guess we all do. My plan was to get a novel published before I was 21. Crazy. I was churning out fantasy stories and everyone was amazed at my precocious talent. I was sure I could do it.

Well, I'm 21 and I have yet to write anything worth publishing, except that one research paper--and the professor who pushed me to publish it backed out of helping me prepare it. I may get around to publishing it in an honors student journal.

As for college, as of last fall I was gung-ho that I wanted to be a teacher, especially a history professor--go to grad school, get my doctorate. Over winter break and during this semester, I realized that while I love history and don't regret majoring in it, I would probably be a lousy teacher. (I'd still love to work in a museum or something, but I also know that jobs in the field are *extremely* hard to come by.) And what I love even more is writing and I'm very good at it--this was also prompted by the whole "Publish your research paper!" thing. Now, I want to pursue journalism and so I'm going to add a 2nd minor and if it gets too much, I'll drop the English Lit minor. (That would break my heart though!)

I can't believe that it took me almost 3 years in school to remember what I wanted at 14.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom