What was the very first record/CD/tape/8 track cartridge you bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Lemon single was my first single, and Zooropa was my first album.

Funny how my taste hasn't changed that much in a decade and a half.

Eliv8 said:
First single – Rolf Harris – ‘Two Little Boys’ – Don’t laugh, Bono & Edge have been known to sing this while drunk.

Anyone got a bootleg of this??? :drool:

:applaud: to everyone for revealing your cassette/cd secrets.

Cassette - The Sex Pistols - Nevermind The Bollocks
7" - The Clash - London Calling
12" - The Pogues - Poguetry In Motion
CD single - Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
CD album - Metallica - Ride The Lightning
8 Track - I remember my dad giving me a Beach Boys 8 track.

in the 60s

when i was a kid
before 8 tracks

i bought 45rpm singles

sky pilot or

we got to get out of this place

by the animals

No 8 tracks for me

I bought 45 rpm singles too. I actually went to take a look at the ones I have and the oldest ones are:
Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly
Jim Croce - I Have To Say I Love You In A Song
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

The first records I owned included several by the Monkees, the Partridge Family and Donny Osmond. I specifically remember buying Steppenwolf's Greatest Hits.

First Cassette - A Night On The Town by Rod Stewart

First CD - Melissa Etheridge - Melissa Etheridge

fah said:

Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

Ready Steve ?? ... AH HA !!
Andy ?? ... YEAH !!
Mick ?? ... O.K. !!
ALRIGHT FELLAS !! ... LET'S GGOOOOOOOOOOOO !! :applaud:

"And the man in the back said "Everyone Attack" ... and it turned
into a Ballroom Blitz !! ... :wink:

CD: the beatles - help!
vinyl: u2 - under a blood red sky
tape: silverchair - frogstomp

none of those purchase were anywhere near the original release of the albums. never bought anything on 8 track.

i unfortunately can't remember my first tape. i've been buying those since i was like a kid! or are you talking bought? as in literally bought with my own money, not received as a gift? in that case...this is the first stuff i purchased with my allowance/gift money/real money later in life.

CD album*: mariah carey's music box :reject:
CD single: duran duran's perfect day
12" record: U2's all i want is you (the cool limited edition version with the pics of the band members)
7" record*: uhhh...i have 100s of these so i can't even remember. in recent memory, i'm thinking it was U2's a celebration.
tape*: U2's zooropa
lp: something by duran duran, i'm thinking rio.
8-track: closest i've come is bidding on a copy of dd's rio. yeah they were making 8 tracks as late as 1982. wtf?

*gifts: for christmas of 93 my parents gave my janet jackson's janet as well cuz you obviously need a cd to play in the cd player.

my mom bought me 7" singles when i was a kid. who knows what my first one was. ones i specifically remember getting are inxs' what you need, never tear us apart, and new sensation; huey lewis and the news' small world, b-52's roam.

and as for tapes, who knows what the first one my parents bought for me was. i wore out wham's make it big when i was a kid. losah!! but i wasn't totally dorky, i got inxs' kick in 87 and U2's achtung baby in 91. so you see, i was a little bit cool. it's just up to you to decide whether the achtung baby outweighs the debbie gibson. just please remember i was only like eight!

Last edited:
Tape (I received this from mommy and daddy, I didnt buy it): The Beach Boys - 'Made in the USA'

CD: REM - 'Out of Time'

KhanadaRhodes said:
and as for tapes, who knows what the first one my parents bought for me was. i wore out wham's make it big when i was a kid. losah!! but i wasn't totally dorky, i got inxs' kick in 87 and U2's achtung baby in 91. so you see, i was a little bit cool. it's just up to you to decide whether the achtung baby outweighs the debbie gibson. just please remember i was only like eight!

Yeah, yeah, people always like to bring this up as an excuse! :eyebrow:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom