What was the stupidest thing you ever did when you were a kid? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-10-2002, 10:21 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:26 PM
seven years old you figure a kid is slightly past the stage of absolutely, positively never take your eyes off of them, right?

my dad: don't touch the barbeque kobay
me: ok
*dad turns back. i touch extremely hot barbeque
me: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 05-10-2002).]

Old 05-10-2002, 11:18 AM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Hewson:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Wonder Woman and Luke Skywalker. Ah, young love.

Imagine the offspring of that union!!

They'd be pretty damn cute!!! (Well, as long as Luke looked like the boy I liked. He had dark hair and these big brown eyes...*swoons* LOL)

Bend me, break me
Anyway you need me
All I want is you

Old 05-10-2002, 11:46 AM   #18
The Flower
Local Time: 02:26 PM
When I was maybe 12, my sister and decided to take apart and reassemble my bike (don't ask why cause I don't know) I'm talking the whole bike, handle bars, tires, chain, chain guard, seat, we even took the inner tubes out of the tires. We ended up with a bike frame and a whole bunch of bike parts laying on the ground. We put it back together as best as 10 and 12 year old girls can and decided to ride it down the BIG hill that led to the main road by our Grandmother's house.

My sister was on the handle bars and I was riding the bike when about halfway down the hill, the chain flew off. I had no pedal power, therefore, no brakes. Then the handle bars that my sister was sitting on started to rotate, which meant no front wheel control. The seat slammed down and the back wheel started to wobble. I must not have tightened any of the bolts because the whole bike started to come apart.

We both started to scream and I put the toes of my shoes down on the asphalt hoping to drag the bike to a stop because we were headed for a busy rural highway and didn't want to get splattered by a car. My plan was to ride the bike off the side of road before we got to the bottom but I managed to stop it just short of the highway.

We both started to cry and I looked down at my feet to see that I had worn down the rubber on the my brand new slip-on Vans completely away and could see my toes. We got in trouble not only for ruining my new shoes but almost getting ourselves killed.

We were cleaning out my Grandmother's tool shed after my Grandpa passed away a few years ago, and that damn bike was buried in the back of the shed, all rusty and covered with spider webs but it still made me laugh to think about my near death experience.
Old 05-10-2002, 11:56 AM   #19
The Flower
Local Time: 02:26 PM
Oh, and then there was the time when I was 5 and invited the next door neighbor girl, also 5, over to play on my Slip and Slide. I found what I thought was a container of water in my Grandpa's garage and wet the Slip and Slide with it. It smelled funny but kept playing and had a good time slipping and sliding.

A few hours later her mom came over to tell my Grandmother that her daughter had broken out in welts all over her stomach and legs. When they investigated what I had used on the Slip and Slide, it turned out to be paint thinner. Why didn't I just use the water hose like a normal kid? I can't answer that.

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 05-10-2002).]
Old 05-10-2002, 07:16 PM   #20
Local Time: 04:26 AM
*got covered in creosote around 7

*made friends with a few neighbour wasps down at the bottom of the garden when I was 9, decided with a few friends the best course of action would be to shove a hose pipe down into the nest and give em a good flush out..luckily something inside informed us it would be best to make a run for it

*other various moments involving bike stunts, unstable sheds, home-made see saws over stinging nettle growth, and a couple of Dobermans..only vivid memories I have..childhood was fun..
Old 05-10-2002, 08:24 PM   #21
Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
Local Time: 05:26 PM
In general.....I remember being obsessed with bandaids. I'd wear band aids all over even if I wasn't hurt.....O_o

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

Burn down the disco* Hang the blessed D.J.*
Because the music that they constantly play

I am just for you, as you are not for me ~Pete Yorn

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 05-10-2002).]