What was the absolute worst motion picture you've ever sat through?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude, Where's My Car? is stupid, but at least it's aware of how stupid it is.

Pearl Harbor is the exact opposite. I feel bad Alec Baldwin, Kate Beckinsale, and Jennifer Garner were involved in that piece of crap.

Yeah I always feel bad that Ben Affleck, Kate Beckensale and Jennifer Garner were involved in Pearl Harbor and I'm not quite sure how to spell harbor.

elevated_u2_fan said:

And about 2 1/2 hours too long...

:tsk:

Where you stoned at the time? This is the only possible way I can conceive of being able to enjoy it. Even then, I would have had to be really, REALLY High…
Absolutely not. I just like the move is all.

Dude, Where's My Car gets a pass if only for the sequence where they're reading each other's tattoos and that whole "DUDE!" "SWEET!" exchange comes into play. You know, that scene from the trailers.

Plus, it made for a funny joke at the Oscars that year, when Steven Martin hosted. ( :drool: )

Coincidentally, Jennifer Garner is also in Dude...

:drool:

...but is also married to Affleck. :grumpy:

It's a vicious circle.

^uh oh :uhoh:

corianderstem said:
Dude, Where's My Car gets a pass if only for the sequence where they're reading each other's tattoos and that whole "DUDE!" "SWEET!" exchange comes into play. You know, that scene from the trailers.

Plus, it made for a funny joke at the Oscars that year, when Steven Martin hosted. ( :drool: )

:tsk: It's like you all took crazy pills or something...

LemonMacPhisto said:
Coincidentally, Jennifer Garner is also in Dude...

:drool:

...but is also married to Affleck. :grumpy:

It's a vicious circle.

Affleck :angry:

corianderstem said:

Yeah, that's it "DUDE!" "SWEET!" :love: :lol:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Dude, Where's My Car? is stupid, but at least it's aware of how stupid it is.

Pearl Harbor is the exact opposite. I feel bad Alec Baldwin, Kate Beckinsale, and Jennifer Garner were involved in that piece of crap.
It's aware of how stupid it is :lol:

It's almost like a dumbed-down, teen version of The Big Lebowski if you think about it.

Or maybe I've been smokin' too much of the chronic.

LemonMacPhisto said:
It's almost like a dumbed-down, teen version of The Big Lebowski if you think about it.

Or maybe I've been smokin' too much of the chronic.

Is it bad that I still haven't watched The Big Lebowski all the way through?

I remember watching O Brother years ago and hating it. I'll give it another chance in my Great Coen Bros. Marathon.

Lebowski is in my Top 10 now, absolutely hilarious.

martha said:

I've only seen it once, but there was actually a point during that movie where I had to stop the tape so I could catch my breath.

Has anyone ever died from suffocation brought about by laughter?

If they have, it was caused by this movie.

"I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS!"

Closer.

"I hate you I cheated on you do you still love me?"

Whiney-ass fucks.

If there's no plot or a weak one, I can get by on characters. (See: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil)

But if they annoy the hell out of you like all four of them did to me, god damn.

There were four other people in the theater besides me and two friends. After the movie, two of them came up to us laughing, "Were you guys laughing, too?"

Wasn't even worth Natalie Portman "stripping".

This may not technically be the worst film I've ever paid to see, but it is the one film I hate more than any other:

terminator-3.jpg

I could go on and on and on about T3, but this smiley will do.

:rant:

monkeyskin said:
This wins as I actually paid money to go see it after reading a review that compared the humour level to Toy Story.

rockyandbullwinkle.jpg

They were wrong.

I was in that and didn't go to see it.

On the topic of Cohen Bros. movies, I love so much of their work but "Intollerable Cruelty" was so tremendously bad. Why George Clooney, why?

^ Heh, well you had the right idea then, taking the money and then avoiding it like the plague. I kind of liked Intolerable Cruelty though, sure it's not a patch on anything the Coen's did before but I enjoyed the goofy, screwball quality to it. And c'mon, it had a hitman called Wheezy Joe.

As for Closer, I'll agree there wasn't one likable character in the whole film, only Natalie Portman's came close until the ending.

And Lance, I love you too but what will the neighbours say?

Back
Top Bottom