What to do for a 40th birthday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would go away for a long weekend ...

If you really want to do a "party," how about a small gathering of really close friends (maybe 8-10 people).

Long weekend :up:

I just turned 40 - my wife turn 40 later this month. We are going for a long weekend with no kids!

Quiet time together is the best gift :sexywink:

Long weekend :up:

My Mum didn't want a party - she really meant it. She was convinced she was going to croak it when she turned 40 (she turned 41 yesterday and was more willing to celebrate). :up:

drumkeeran said:
My husband turns 40 in late Oct. He claims he doesn't want a party (I can't tell whether this is really true).
Doesn't that make it tricky? Do they mean it or not...what if you don't have a party and they didn't mean it?
My husband will be 50 at the beginning of October and he's saying the same thing. Fortune just smiled on us though..someone at last is paying him to consult on installing a PA System at their house. It is one of our son's school teachers. He is planning a huge party, with bands and DJ's the whole nine yards, the same weekend as hub's birthday and he invited us along. So that took care of my worries in that department.

Are you families nearby? I'd opt for a weekend away with you hub, really treat yourselves and then maybe a dinner party with family and close friends. Maybe his mates have something planned too. I tried to let my 40th birthday sneak by, but my friends organised a night out.
Main thing is relax and enjoy....good luck 2U both :)

:yes: :sexywink: :up: Oh? naked And a long weekend..?upsate ny? Head straight for one of those places..like a farm that might have a guest house to rent-for privacy!:heart: :heart: ;) Of course, there is always a nudest camp! ha\lol!:cute: :shrug: :lmao:

When I turned forty my husband invited everyone we knew to what I thought was going to be a small family gathering. It was great and I'll never forget it. But a long weekend certainly has it's advantages. Do what he wants, it's his big day.

nbcrusader said:
We just booked a weekend at a romantic B&B (with whirlpool tub for 2!) to celebrate our 40th birthdays..... :sexywink:

Very cool!! :cool:

Well now, after we've just had a short weekend away without kids, to the horse races (we lost), he's chirping about having a party in the fall (without a mention of the birthday).

So, I guess we could go away for a night and return for a PARTY!!!!

Back
Top Bottom