What to do about lost cell phones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unosdostres14

Refugee
I lost my cell phone at some high school. It's on T-Mobile. Does anyone know what I can do to get a new phone and keep my old number w/o having to pay. If I get a t-mobile enabled phone from someone else, can they just switch the accounts and make a new SIM card for me?

Thanks.

Mr. The Unosdostres14

Yes, you need to call TMobile immediately to have your number cancelled. You don't want a big surprise when your bill arrives.

You don't have to cancel your number but you do have to report your phone stolen.
You can keep your number if you do that. If you get ahold of another TMobile phone you can have your number transfered to it. I did the same thing with Cingular when my phone was stolen.

WildHoneyAlways said:
You don't have to cancel your number but you do have to report your phone stolen.
You can keep your number if you do that. If you get ahold of another TMobile phone you can have your number transfered to it. I did the same thing with Cingular when my phone was stolen.

Yeah I think I can borrow someone's old T-Mobile phone. So transferring it to the new phone is free?

Yeah, transferring should be free...They will probably ask you for the number located on the sim card. Make sure you to call T-Mobile ASAP!

I hope you have already called T-Mobile and reported the phone stolen or missing. You don't wanna be liable for a big bill. Then you can either transfer the number to an old phone or upgrade to a new one or if they are nice and want to keep your business, and depending on your credit and contract history with them they might even be willing to offer you an even better deal. That's what AT&T did for me when my phone was stolen a couple years ago. Good luck. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom