What the hell is that thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
someone who listens to mainstream rap (i don't know if they do it anywhere else), can you tell me what that underwater female voice thing is? it "sings" in so many "songs", and it's got to be the most annoying thing on the face of the earth. what the hell is it?

i don't think they're actually dumping some lady underwater and making her sing....maybe they are. :shifty:

Not sure if this is what you're talking about. It might be a vocorder, or something like that. Whatever it is called, whoever invented it should be shot. Worst. Effect. Ever.

hmmm

i don't actually know the names. there's the "cos i get high" song, i don't mean the one a few years back where the guy was singing about stuff he did cos he got high, i think that's styles or something. it all blends together.

the purple man. i don't know his name either, and i bought my sister the cd. the guy with the "purple hazw" album...non-hendrix purple haze guy.

hell, i think kanye west has a song or two with the underwater voice.

just turn on your local rap station, i'm sure in a few minutes you'll hear something.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
So wait you are telling me there is more than Lil' Jon yelling "what" "yeah" and "okay" in the background of these songs? :crack:

someone needs to drown him.

there are also 3 "different" songs out there with the same annoying thing in the background. i'm not sure how to describe it other than going babumbudabumbum in a flawed attempt at singing it for you (hey, someone figured out that brmp brmp, brmp brmp meant that one usher song...so it's possible). my sister insists that's it's spanish reggae :rolleyes: ain't nothing spanish nor reggae about it.

Back
Top Bottom