What sports as a child did you play?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
And what do you still play?

Looking back I was a bit more sporty than what I thought.

I did:
ballet
jazz
hockey (grass)
soccer
cricket
golf
tennis
judo
swimming
volleyball
netball
girls touch footy

umm, I think thats it
And now I play um....well, you see I work, and I have too much to do and well....
I try to go swimming, and I play aqua golf and am planning on going back to real golf, dont ask me why, and some tennis, but really I dont play anything seriously anymore
frown.gif

What about you guys?

competitively for school or clubs...

cricket
baseball
basketball
tee ball
golf
table tennis
soccer

these days its cricket and golf really...weird i never played afl or rugby
confused.gif

baseball
basketbal
hockey (rarely on ice though)
football (US)
---
soccer (sparingly)
tennis (sparingly)
golf (sparingly)

AH, jazz is not a sport!!! what's wrong with you?!?!?!

oh yeah, I swum too, but I'm not a good sport about it

i played golf and soccer primarily in my early years. at the time of high school i dropped soccer and picked up on football which i played only during high school.

now i play golf more than anything else but i also play indoor soccer and hockey(not a very good skater though so it's usually of the street variety)

Played lots of baseball and soccer, and dabbled a bit in basketball. Now it's basically soccer and the occasional trip to the links for a game of golf.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Holy hell..I dont belong in this forum.

Aherm...

Ballet
netball
Tennis (that was the main one)
Swimming
I was never allowed to play cricket at school because I lived too far away for weekend sport
frown.gif

I did TheatreSports
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by zooropamanda (edited 03-01-2002).]

Baseball
Football (American - I wish we had Soccer when I was a youth - but my town was behind)
pick-up basketball
Street Hockey
kickball
Wrestling
Lacrosse
BMX

These are sports I played if "jazz" is a sport:
Kick the can
Smeer the queer or kill the guy with the ball (I know this is not PC, but that's what the name of the game was called - it is not meant to be durogatory in ANY way - kids ARE evil - and often, I was the "queer" so
tongue.gif
)
Freeze Tag
Red light, green light
7-up

I played
American Football
Tennis
Softball

I like baseball, but am no good at it.
Basketball is fun on video games only.
I hate soccer.

In Competition:

Football (the non-american way)
Tennis
Speed-skating
Table Tennis (still do)

I hate the fact that I can't play football anymore, my knee got messed up big time when was I was 13.

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

ice skating and ballet, the latter which I was good at but hated, sadly

also soccer briefly but I could never understand the idea of positions so I just didn't move
biggrin.gif
hence it didnt last that long.

ive been swimming since I was eight and I gradually gave up everything else for that sport

------------------
You make yourself vulnerable to change in your life. But in the end, you've got to become the change you want to see in the world.
-the B-man

Football aka soccer
Badminton
Table tennis
Basketball
Swimming
Handball
Indoor Tennis
Cycling
softball
ice skating

Sounds like a lot of them, but I'm no good at everything...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Football (lived and breathed..really need to get back to it
frown.gif
)
Badminton
Tennis
Squash
Athletics (more track orientated like sicy
smile.gif
)

I've always been slightly annoyed that the schools/colleges over here didn't embrace more US based sports..real shame..

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 03-06-2002).]

At one stage of my life I used to play so much of cricket that they used to call me "Son of a Pitch"

------------------
In this Ozland

None. I suck at sports.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Not many very seriously but here's my list:

Golf
Floorball
Basketball
Horsebackriding

I really miss the floorball. I have my own horse nowadays so I'm riding almost every day and compete some in showjumping. That's about it when it comes to me and sports. I love to watch on TV though.
biggrin.gif

What's floorball?
I'm the same as you BG, I never understood the positions either and always got yelled at by the pig-dog captain to "get back to my position". I must have been a defender or something. I'd then entertain myself for the rest of the game by muttering about my lost position and mumbling if anyone had seen it anywhere. A few times I got the ball though by asking the other player if they had seen it at which they would stop dumbfounded and look at me like I had 3 heads allowing me to sneak it away from them. I only lasted one season.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
What's floorball?

A fun game.
biggrin.gif
Sorry, just had to.
smile.gif

It's a little bit like hockey in the foundament but it's indoor, no ice, with a ball, it's fast and nicer then hockey. It's a rather new sport, the international federation was founded 1986 and it's not much spread yet. It's really big here in Sweden though, every kid plays it and in gym class in school it's very common. It's an easy game to learn and all you need is runningsshoes and a stick. Here is a link to the US site and the international federation's : http://www.usfloorball.net/Rules_&_Play.htm http://www.floorball.org/

I did:

T-Ball
Softball
Dance: Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Modern, Pointe, Musical Theatre, Hip Hop, etc.
Swimming
Skating

--All the 'girlie' things...
smile.gif

T-ball
Baseball
Football
Soccer
Gym hockey

All of these as a small kid. I wish I would've played at least through high school though......ahhhhh regrets!

Back
Top Bottom