What song(s) are you feeling at the moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Given my recent breakup, I'm going through a lot of really, really mixed emotions right now. Most recently, I've been thinking a lot about how much scarring I may have done to Col. She'd never really been in a serious relationship before, and I'm only now realizing how much it affected her, even if she never came to love me. I remember how glowing and happy she was when I first met her, so vibrant and full of life. Lately, it's just been stress, tears, and fears. I realize it's not entirely my fault, that going to Japan, being faced with the uncertainty of life after college, and the stresses of her changing identity have a lot to do with things, but I feel like I came in at a rough time in her life and really pushed her too hard to make the relationship work. Even if I never verbalized it, the amount of affection I showed had to put some pressure on her. I'm not happy with myself for pushing something I somehow knew wouldn't work, but I'm not happy with her for letting me do so despite her claims to be completely open with me about anything that came up. This song sort of expresses all of that, and it's been on my mind today.

Weezer
"Butterfly"

Yesterday I went outside
With my momma's mason jar
Caught a lovely Butterfly
When I woke up today
Looked in on my fairy pet
She had withered all away
No more sighing in her breast
I'm sorry for what I did
I did what my body told me to
I didn't mean to do you harm
Everytime I pin down what I think I want
It slips away - the ghost slips away
I smell you on my hand for days
I can't wash away your scent
If I'm a dog then you're a bitch
I guess you're as real as me
Maybe I can live with that
Maybe I need fantasies
A life of chasing butterfly

I'm sorry for what I did
I did what my body told me to
I didn't mean to do you harm
Everytime I pin down what I think I want
It slips away - the ghost slips away

I told you I would return
When the robin makes his nest
But I ain't never coming back
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry

:hug: hope things get better Lemon

songs I'm feeling at the moment,
the police - wrapped around your finger
u2 - drowning man
the replacements - skyway

I'm feeling "Chaos."

It's by The Church (you probably could have gessed that though :rolleyes: )

Bash & Pop's "Friday Night (Is Killing Me)" -- this is your golden age / and I was born too late -- "American Music" by the Violent Femmes would probably work as well.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep
Explosions In The Sky - Glittering Blackness

no lyrics

the intro of Miracle Drug sounds better and better "I wanna trip inside your head, spend the day there...."

Grandaddy - 1st song on Sophtware Slump
Fight Test - Flaming Lips
Yahweh - U2

Anything by Superlux...... superluxtheband.com

:rockon:

Powderfinger - My Kind of Scene

'tell me where i'm
supposed to begin
an unhappy life working
some kind of dead end job
for everything you thought you had
has gone from worse to bad'

I don't know if they are really big in the US or UK or wherever, but you guys should give them a go, they are running a real close second to U2. :up:

:up: :up:

:hug: to UnforgettableLemon. Sorry things are going all haywire for ya emotionally right now. Like youtooellen said, hope things will get better for you soon.

As for songs that I'm feeling lately:

"Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"-U2 (this song's really been meaning a lot to me for the last few weeks)
"Fingers Of Love" and "Whispers And Moans"-both by Crowded House. These songs just keep sounding better and better each time I hear them. So good.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom