What song is the melody of Fergie's 'Big Girls Don't Cry' a blatent ripoff of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Listen to the chorus of Fergie's 'Big Girls Don't Cry'. At first I thought, 'I never thought a Fergie song would be this catchy'. And then I thought, 'I've heard this melody before'.

There is another song whose chorus almost follows a very similar melody as the first part of this song's chorus. The problem is, I can't remember the name of the song I'm thinking of, nor can I remember whose song it was. All I remember is my vague recollection of the words in the chorus that went along with the melody...'your love is this, your love is that, your love is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis'. Obviously, the words weren't 'this' or 'that', but I can't remember what they were. Fuck, I might have even misheard the word love. I don't know.

The song is relatively(read: the last 15 years) recent. I think.

Just try to think of any song whose chorus shares the same melody with 'Big Girls Don't Cry's chorus.

Last edited:
The part where it goes something like "I hope something something" sounds familiar to me. But I haven't been able to pin it down yet.

corianderstem said:
The part where it goes something like "I hope something something" sounds familiar to me. But I haven't been able to pin it down yet.

Yes, exactly. It's that part.

From allmusic.com

Somewhat ironically, one of the more convincing songs on the album, "Big Girls Don't Cry," sounds exactly like a 2006 version of Wild Orchid, with Fergie's Taylor Dayne kid-sister act in full effect.

:hmm: I don't know Wild Orchid.

Now you've got me racking my brain. :crazy:

Zootlesque said:
From allmusic.com

:hmm: I don't know Wild Orchid.

Now you've got me racking my brain. :crazy:

Wild Orchid was a girl pop group Fergie was in during the late 90s. They hosted some music countdown show that was on ABC family that I watched when I was 11 or 12.

Back
Top Bottom