What song did you last sing along to at the top of your lungs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pride...now I have no voice:happy:

and I also mastered Bono's "yell" if can call it in the beginning of New Years Day:D...singing in the car rocks:drool:

joyfulgirl said:

Just don't sing louder than Thom because that can really ruin a show. Someone was singing louder than Thom at the show I saw and everyone around him told him to shut up (and he did). No one told me to shut up, however, because I'm a polite singer-at-shows. :wink: It's one thing when everyone is singing along and it sounds almost like one voice; it's another when one lone irritating voice stands above the rest and I paid to hear Radiohead (or whoever), not THAT guy (or girl).

Okay, carry on and happy singing. :)

No. I would never sing over the lead singer. I was dead silent during "Exit Music (For A Film)" because I wanted to hear that awesome vocal and acoustic guitar. And I really only sing along at full volume when everyone else is doing so, otherwise I just sort-of sing to myself.

I know what you mean about annoying people at concerts though, a few rows behind me one guy was talking to his friend, explaining the meaning of ALL the old songs and then Radiohead's "process" on the new songs, DURING the concert! I thought I was at the Greek Theatre for a concert, not Starbucks for coffee and conversation. hehehehe

Infra Riot -The Soundtrack of Our Lives

I can type and sing at the same time.
I should get an award.

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
Black Crowes - My Morning Song
Elvis Costello - You've Got To Hide You Love Away/New Amsterdam (snippet)
U2 - Desire

luckily no one's home :shifty:

I don't generally sing along, especially because I suck, but I was driving home from north of Chicago Sunday after nearly a week of late nights and little sleep so I needed to do something to stay awake. So sing (badly, but loud) along I did.

Actually it wasn't just one song but most of Rob Dickinson's solo album as that was what I listened to for the last couple hours of my drive. Handsome; Bathe Away; and Towering and Flowering were particularly good for belting out. :)

The backing vocals from David Bowie's 'Star'.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh-wahhhh-wahhhhh
La la la la la la la la la la la la la

I Have Forgiven Jesus - Morrissey, this morning, in car, on way home from placing a bet that if it comes up will make me extreeeeeemely happy!

Canadiens1160 said:
The backing vocals from David Bowie's 'Star'.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh-wahhhh-wahhhhh
La la la la la la la la la la la la la

Haven't heard that track in ages, so, I'm going to put it on right now, "I could do with the money you know that...."

In searching for a decent thread about The Shins, I came across this oldie but goodie.

Dirty Projectors - 'Rise Above'

RiiIIIIIIIIse ABOVE

"Shining Star" by Earth, Wind, and Fire while walking out of the Magic game after they clinched a spot in the 2nd round.

Gloria by the composer Poulenc.

I was part of a 120 voice choir, trying to make ourselves heard over the orchestra (as mass choirs tend to do in those situations, right or wrong). :wink:

Back
Top Bottom