what should radiohead do next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i know what some of you are thinking...

"quit!! disband!! die!!!"

but to the rest, what do you think radiohead should do?

honestly, if they quit now, it would probably be ok with me. i can't believe i just said that. it's just that they've painted themselves in a corner where anything they do now will probably be a let down of sorts...

i dunno.

you know, i don't even agree with that now that i've re-read what i wrote.

i have absolutely no idea what they should do.

do you?

I am not sure.

I remember reading a Pitchfork review that said that in a couple of years, Radiohead and Sigur Ros are going to put out exactly the same album.

If they retired, I would be alright with it. Lots of brilliance in a (relatively) young band, but you are right, there are certain expectations of them that may be impossible to meet and maybe they shouldn't be met.

I don't care what they do as long as it blows my fucking mind, that's all. And stop all of this talk about them retiring. It's really upsetting me. unjoyfulgirl not pretty. :angry:

New album, new tour. Those gentlemen still have music in their minds the likes of which we cannot yet fathom. It's gonna be just fine.

An album of only lovesick ballads.

No. A covers album. Triphop and drum n bass.

Just kidding.

I really don't know. But really wish they'd tour.

Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief were both pretty humdrum compared to OK Computer and Kid A, but they had a lot of songs between them that I love. I'd argue that they've already released two let-downs in a row.

So, really, I don't care what Radiohead does next. It likely won't be incredibly revolutionary, but I'll probably like most of it anyway.

OK Computer Version 2.0!

Well, not really. :) I love OK Computer, but that's like asking U2 to make another Achtung Baby. But I really would like to see a new album with songs that...rock a little more than they have been, lately. Also, some non-depressing songs would be nice.

They've been pretty redundant for a while now.

Thom Yorke: "all melody was an embarassment to me"

Biggest twat ever;)

pfft, yorke loves melody. hail to the thief is all about it.

just like lp6 was their "pop album". they called it that themselves.

it would be really hard to be them right now though, i mean, they are unlike any band in the world in terms of both mainstream popularity (kid a landed at number 1 in the us for shit sakes) and critical appeal.

what they do next will truly be interesting to see...

Let Jonny run the show, hes the brains and the brawn of this operation.
No, maybe break up, yeah thats it, break up......And then they will totally alienate thier fanbase.

Brilliant

Sleep Over Jack said:

Well he did say that, and its an eye-bleedingly pretentious quote...;)

oh no, i'm not saying you made that up. quite the opposite. i'm saying yorke is full of shit half the time, and just says whatever comes to mind on the spot. if he didn't like melody he wouldnt sing. that's just him being a dick.

I anxiously await their departure towards the swing music stylings of a Brian Setzer, or some cool friggin' shit like that. Anyone remember the stray cats? Hell no. It's all about the orchestra now you crazy bastards!

Radiohead Christmas Album 2005!

100Proof (I wish I was... fruitcake)!!!

:up:

Honestly, whatever. Jazz electronic folk maybe.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with any direction they take.
You can't guess with them which is a main ingredient to the genius of the band. they are a collective force just like our boys. thats why I love them and give them support.
if people don't like them?-so what.
Some people don't like Bono some people don't like Hillary Duff some people don't like toast.
Again-who cares?!

I remember Thom saying when HTTT came out that they "needed to make this record; take a step backwards for a minute" in other words to them HTTT IS a pop record. he said the next thing they do will be WAY out there....

I personally would like something more mainstream myself, but I guess I'm not the typical radiohead fan.

....because I believe when they want to, they can make just the most beutiful mainstream stuff, like fake plastic trees, let down, stop whispering, etc.

Back
Top Bottom