What should I do with my hair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
For christmas my grandmother gave me money to get my hair done. She really wanted me to get like a spiral perm or a body wave at least..."do something with that hair!" in other words.

Well, I couldn't say no to her because...she has done so much for me and my daughter, that I just have to honor that for her. So, I made an appointment at my local hairdresser place (Fantastic Sams). I have always trusted them with my hair, and they never screwed up with my hair. First thing they asked me was what brand did I use to color my hair. I told them I used Feria, I think, and they told me they couldnt perm my hair because they had customers' hair start to smoke:ohmy: They tested my hair anyways because I told them it was so long ago. It didn't take. SO....I end up just getting a trim, and a deep conditioning.

Next step...I still need to do something. I was kind of glad I didnt get the body wave because...I like my straight hair! So I think maybe I should get some blonde streaks. You know, see what it looks like on me. If I don't like it, I can just dye my hair back to dark brown. My mom says don't do it. My sister says dye it a lighter color first before getting streaks. Here's some pics of my hair. Please advise me.

336648%3A723232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E23233698868%3C9ot1lsi

336648%3A723232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E23233698868%3C%3Aot1lsi

I think your hair looks really nice dark, and it suits your complexion well. Maybe lighten a TINY bit and get brownish highlights -- I think blonde highlights would be too extreme. :shrug:

I think your hair looks great! If you wanted to change it, I would just trim an inch or two and put in some dark red streaks. But it looks very nice! :)

perms are scary. honestly i don't know what i'm doing in this thread because my solutions to dealing with my own hair are to either wear a hat or shave my head...

i had red streaks before, and i kinda liked it. i'm definitely not getting a perm, since my hair won't take it anyways. yeah, i think blonde streaks are bit extreme...not sure yet though...im going to the store later to check out some highlight kits.

:ohmy::lmao: cajun did you see my pictures? i dont think i could pull that off:lol:

sure you can!! If I can than you sure can, because you are cute. Cute girls can pull off anything:wink:

I'm a guy, I know about cute girls

this is PROBABLY what im gonna do:

dye my hair a lighter shade of brown, then get some kind of brownish-blondish highlights.

the blonde streaks will come later if i like the results.

no no no i had hair your colour got blonde highlights and wow it makes my face look so much better and brighter!!! I was all :slant: at first but its soooo pretty!!! and I got mine thinned and thats fun too

Sicy said:
Please dont get a perm. :no:
:yes: perms are so 1987 :tongue:

i would say for the colour of the streaks, do whatever colour you want to do. if you just go with whatever people suggest but not decide what you think is best, you'll regret it. i've done it before, mainly when i was younger and felt i should colour it whatever my mom liked since she was paying for it and all. i like your idea, it sounds lovely. :D

I was messing around in photoshop and did this....

the before picture that icelle posted earlier:
336648%3A723232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E23233698868%3C9ot1lsi

and my photoshopped version of what icelle might look like with blondish red highlights:

Attachments

• icellehair3.jpg
    icellehair3.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 65
hmm, you can't really see the red highlights I put in that pic I posted of icelle :scratch:

and here's what icelle might look like if she got her hair cut short similar to ali's, and added a few highlights

:cute:

Attachments

• icellehair2.jpg
    icellehair2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 58
ABEL is having fun with photoshop :happy:

ABEL has to go to bed now, because ABEL has to get up at 5am

ABEL must be completely insane because ABEL is getting up at 5am on her day off to volunteer at the planetarium.

They're having a little festival thing down at Fair Park, and what they call Dino Dash, which is a marathon race for some charity. I have to get there by 7am when they start blocking off the streets. :banghead:

I should already be in bed :yawn:

goodnight :wave: :hug:

ABEL at 5am ------> :crazy:

Last edited:
oh my god thats short! lol. abel you are too much lol. thanks for the makeover. i havent' done anything to my hair yet...and after seeing the 'after' picture, i decided, maybe the dark hair with blonde hightlights would be a bit extreme, so im gonna go ahead and dye my hair a lighter shade of brown first, then do the streaks.

but as for cutting my hair like ali's...i dont know if i could do it. it took me a year to get it this long and i kinda like it. i'll probably go a bit short for late spring/summer. we'll see hehe.

glad you liked the pics icelle! :cute:

it's 1:23 am and ABEL is awake

ABEL can't sleep

:angry:

well i did the streaks but i can't post the friken pics because snapfish is being a total bitch on the rag:angry:

i'll try again later tonight. :grumpy:

im off to see a movie(gee i wonder which movie that is:der:)

Y'all are probably thinking, "What's Doctor Who - a guy - doing in this thread?" Well, let's just say my hair stylist has a lot of fun with my hair. ;)

I have naturally curly hair, but it is slightly uneven. So I get a perm (they are not "scary" if done right) to give a far more even look. Plus, I go to a talented stylist. Perms usually take a week or so to loosen a bit and start looking good - so don't freak out at the curls. :)

However, since your hair is VERY straight, I wouldn't suggest a perm, especially a tight one. I would suggest you keep your hair straight. If anything, go with a VERY loose body wave to give some general curl, but nothing more. I think a tigher perm would freak you out too much. ;)

As for highlights... your hair is so dark that it could highlight red. Mine does that. To go blond, you MUST go to a stylist, especially since you do your own coloring. Note though that mixing a perm (body wave) solution with dye (or bleach) is tricky - it could even turn your hair green!

A talented stylis is worth the $$ - after all, this is the way you present yourself to the world. My stylist has put blond highlights and perms in my hair with success. So make sure you trust the people doing your hair.

My advice, try a shorter but modern cut (perhaps slightly above the shoulders) with some soft reddish highlights. The long hair looks good on you and soft red streaks or highlights will add dimension to your hair. It'll keep your family happy. ;)

Oh, and in case I sound very geekish here - my best friends' (since grade school) mother is a stylist and we all learned about hair by default. Plus, my science background has taught me about chemicals used to perm/dye hair.

Back
Top Bottom