What program do you use to download?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Just wondering..

I was using WinMX....but it hasn't been working properly lately. And there's Kazaa...and Kazaa lite (??), and Morpheous and....

well?

I use Kazaa. And I love it. I can't think of a time when I couldn't find what I wanted and at a pretty damn fast connection speed. It does have annoying pop up ads, but I've used Bearshare, Morpheus, and Winmx and Kazaa is by far my favorite. That's my two cents, anyway. :)

I miss Audiogalaxy. :yell:

These days I only download while at school, and I use LimeWire for the Mac. It's okay, but it's VERY hit or miss.

Audiogalaxy used to confuse the hell out of me.

I just discovered winmx and I love it.

Kazaa lite :up:

I miss Audiogalaxy too, it was really such a cool and ingenious system :) Before they started blocking songs on it that is...

woah woah woah!!

people, for once i honestly hope you read this message. ive said it once before, and ill say it again now.

DONT GET kazaa! our sun media technician was working on our computers at work today, and he said what was all wrong with it.

number 1, most importantly, the us is actually passing a bill as we speak, to allow company's to create files that will be easily downloaded to screw your machine over! its the only way they can think of to stop online music - by creating shit that will damage your harddrive.

and its happened to me already. my brand new computer needed formatting after two weeks. the dell guy told me more than likely the problem rooted from kazaa.

now, i use kazaa lite. its not as well known, but there are a lot of people that have it, so there is still great selection.

kazaa also has spyware. trust me, you just DONT want it. it will get you sooner or later.

please delete it, and get kazaa lite.

Yeah, deathbear, all the technicians I work with say Kazaa is horrible...but I couldn't resist...I wanted some unreleased Ryan stuff. :reject:

I'll look into Kazaa Lite though! Thanks! :sexywink: :kiss:

#2 and #3 are for those who have Kazaa and wish to switch to Kazaa Lite. Morpheus users can do this as well, but they will need to uninstall "Wurld Media" for #2.

1) Get Kazaa Lite--there should be no debate! It is exactly like Kazaa, with all adware and spyware removed, and it accesses the same P2P network as Kazaa.

2) Go to Control Panel and hit "Add/Remove Programs." Remove all the ad-bot software here, if possible. Here are names of possible spyware apps with Kazaa:

"Mandatory third-party applications bundled with Kazaa include Cydoor. Optional third-party applications include SaveNow, DelFin, MediaLoads, b3d Projector, and New.net."

3) I'm guaranteeing you won't be able to uninstall it all, so you will need a program called Adaware that will scan your computer and remove all ad files and registry entries.

Melon

Last edited:
If i want to use Kazaa lite, must i chare my computer with others ? I have just a 133mgh computer so i would be a time consuming afair when sombody want some of my music.

Read you,...

Btw, i have cable so i would not mind to be slower on the internet.

Rono, you can choose how many files you want to share and how many uploads you want to allow simultaneously. You can also immediately remove files you downloaded from your Shared Folder but some people might block you when you try to download if you don't share anything.

get Kazaa Lite (www.kazaalite.nl) and Ad-aware (www.download.com??).

Last edited:
Napster was the best

I'll never download another music sharing thing. :angry: Kazaa f*%$@d up my harddrive so bad. :madspit: and I don't trust them or kazaa lite or anything, and I don't want to have to remove crap from my harddrive or download more stuff to remove it all.

:mad:

I use WinMx but it's not great. Have the time nothing is available to download. I was thinking of going back to Kazaa, but not after what bear said. That sucks.

Zoomerang96 said:
number 1, most importantly, the us is actually passing a bill as we speak, to allow company's to create files that will be easily downloaded to screw your machine over!

:confused:

I think this is someting the RIAA discussed doing, not Congress.

Audiogalaxy was the best music stealing program I ever came across, too bad they got screwed. Unlike Napster, AG actually tried to promote lesser known artists, but it didn't matter in the end. I mostly use Soulseek for d/ling music; check it out at www.slsk.org.

I either FTP stuff using SmartFTP, find a direct link to the song I want, or search our network here. I have a file that lists over 97000 mp3s here at school.

I HATE Kazaa!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom