What program do you play music with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Yes, The_Sweetest_Thing seems to be asking many questions lately.

But she would like to know. Currently, she is using Windows Media Player, but it seems a bit sketchy--it hasn't been working properly.

I think at one point she had WinAmp, but can't remember what happened to it.

Really, any program that plays music without performing "an illegal error" would be good... :D

Winamp has been playin' like 75% of the stuff I listen to with a lot of static lately...really annoying. So I've been going with Windows Media Player.

Winamp, I have over 1000 tracks in my playlist on random. Its the best and smallest player imo.

Not winamp 3 though, looks cool, but very resource hungry

i switch between musicmatch plus and winamp 3.

for winamp 3 i love the mmd3 skin. put it in compact mode and it stays on top of the screen but doesn't hog it so you can see stuff.

but musicmatch is better in terms of organizing things. plus, it's easy to use to upload stuff to my ipod.

Winamp 2.xx, because it does everything I want it to and nothing more.

Winamp 2.81

Still the best. I used to use a program called DiscPlay for my CDs, but the company that supported it went under, so there were no new versions.

oh and I use Creative PlayCenter to play CDs, nothing else seems to produce sound from the rear speakers as well. Though they do for MP3...

How I long for an Audigy 2 Platinum :drool:

Music Match b/c it's the only thing I've got that rips songs in the correct format for my burning software and it can be just a tiny little box, no banners like Real One. I like WMP fine, but Music Match is default so it always opens on its own.

Winamp (version 3, specifically). I like the fact that I can minimize it to literally the size of a window bar and keep it on top. Plus, the stability is excellent.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom