What on earth were they thinking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We all know a good lyric when we hear one. However, we also know a bad lyric when we hear one too.

I want to hear about the worst lyrics in a song you have heard. No U2 ones thanks, as we can deal with that another time.

I shall start with this fine 1992 effort from Euro power popsters Snap, who in their song Rhythm Is A Dancer had their rapper Turbo pronounce "I'm as serious as cancer/When I say rhythm is a dancer."

If you are European you'll already know all about that one.

I quite like when Salt'n'Pepa and En Vogue got together for Whatta Man. They gave us this gem: "Yes it's me that he's always choosin. With him I'm never loosin, and he knows that my name is not Susan."

Quite what Susan has to do with it is anyone's guess.

Any more?

bullet the blue sky said:

I shall start with this fine 1992 effort from Euro power popsters Snap, who in their song Rhythm Is A Dancer had their rapper Turbo pronounce "I'm as serious as cancer/When I say rhythm is a dancer."

I won a free pizza when I called in to the radio station and identified who sang that song. :reject:

I quite like when Salt'n'Pepa and En Vogue got together for Whatta Man. They gave us this gem: "Yes it's me that he's always choosin. With him I'm never loosin, and he knows that my name is not Susan."

Any more?

actually, that whole song is full of gems my friend. i'm quite fond of the line:

But not this man, he's got the right potion
Baby rub it down and make it smoooth like lotion
Yeah, the ritual highway to heaven

and to top it off...

From seven to seven he's got me open like Seven Eleven

oh man, there are so many bad lyrics in the world, it's so hard to pinpoint just one.

Last edited:
-"he was a guy, she was a girl, could it be more obvious?"

-"I like the way you are when you're sitting in my car"

bullet the blue sky said:

Any more?

I hate that I know this, but Spinderella, who said that "Susan" line, is actually not named Susan. I suppose she's been mistaken before and felt the need to tell us about this seeming injustice? :lol:

here's a new classic:

I kind of noticed, from one night
From the club, your front face
It's kind of weird to me
Since you're so fine
If it's up to me your face will change

Other lyrics that also suck:
Shake your bon bon
shake your bon bon

I did it all for the nookie
yeah the nookie
the nookie
Stick it up your yeah
stick it up your yeah

*which is a bastardization of another dumb song*

Can you take me higher?
To the place where blind men see
Can you take me higher?
To the place with golden streets

HelloAngel said:
I hate that I know this, but Spinderella, who said that "Susan" line, is actually not named Susan. I suppose she's been mistaken before and felt the need to tell us about this seeming injustice? :lol:
whitney houston recorded a song called "my name is not susan" on her 1990 album i'm your baby tonight. maybe she lent them that, or inspired them. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom