What? No thread in here about Tom and Katie's big day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
:tsk: You gossip kings and queens have let me down.

And don't tell me you don't care, because deep down inside we all do. :wink:

Here are some photos from the dinner party in Rome:

Katie looks beautiful:

72587527.jpg

Jennifer and Marc:
72587621.jpg

Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy

72587830.jpg

oh look it is Brooke Shields leaving the restaurant:
72588124.jpg

I can't wait to see her dress, supposedly it's worth 2 million dollars- the whole wedding must be costing a fortune. Some show I watched last night said Katie bought a dress for Suri for the wedding that was $650, and a backup dress. I think they're trying to outdo and outspend every other celeb wedding. Katie allegedly spent $12,000 on lingerie.

Brooke Shields is going too, that's so cool

Why does Jim Carrey's hair look like that? And JLo is friends with Tom Cruise?

tom_cruise_suri.jpg

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
I can't wait to see her dress, supposedly it's worth 2 million dollars- the whole wedding must be costing a fortune. Some show I watched last night said Katie bought a dress for Suri for the wedding that was $650, and a backup dress. I think they're trying to outdo and outspend every other celeb wedding. Katie allegedly spent $12,000 on lingerie.

Wow, that's just sick :|

12K on lingerie? 2 million dollar dress?

I don't care how much money he has; I thought she was more practical than that! :down:

Supposedly locals are charging $1000 to "rent" a window view on that day.

:crazy:

To say it sounds like a 3 ring circus over there is an understatement!

I'd be willing to bet they didn't pay for the dress, Armani is probably giving it to them in exchange for the publicity. The castle is waiving the $50,000 fee they would normally charge just to get married there. But the whole thing does seem excessive, we'll just see what happens with the actual marriage. I hope it does thrive and last.

From what I have read and seen on tv, Katie has very expensive tastes and shops nonstop at Barneys and other stores. It's their right of course to spend whatever they wish on their wedding, but at a certain point it starts to look like you're just trying to outdo everyone else.

I mean, not that she didn't have plenty of money before, but she certaintly adjusted quickly and easily to the *uber* rich once she met him, didn't she? :ohmy:

I guess since their whole relationship has been so over the top; I shouldn't be surprised. But once again: what are they trying to prove? :huh:

They could take a hint from Nicole and Keith. By the nature of being celebrities of course, their wedding was talked about/anticipated too, especially in Oz at the time. Yet it did seem that they were making an honest effort to keep it personal/modest/out of the media.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Brooke Shields is going too, that's so cool

tom_cruise_suri.jpg

I don't think it's really cool. I guess it's good to forgive...

I have heard that she has lost some respect from women for being all cozy with Tom now. They believe she's not promoting her cause on post partum (sp?) depression any more and gave in to Tom. She should make clear that if need be you should take anti-depressants.

Oh well!

I'm sorry but I think Suri is odd looking. Not trying to be mean, but not all babies are cute. I have seen some pretty fugly ones and yes I know they are just babies! Plus, my aunt's best friends helps deliver babies and she knows first hand.

So don't get mad!

Last edited:
Why does J. Lo insist on wearing 1970's style mu mus ? She even wore one to the Oscars during the whole Bennifer fiasco.

I have to admit, I like Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthey as a couple, not sure why...

J Lo looks pregnant. Is she? Seems like an odd group attending, not what i'd expect I guess

I didn't realize Tom and Katie hadn't married yet.

Well Brooke is suposedly friends with Katie now (I like to picture them talking about Tom and not always in the most favorable light :wink: )-obviously it's good pr for Tom to apologize to her and invite her, but Brooke Shields is certainly smart enough to realize that and she's still going. I admire her for being friends with Katie and for having so much class. I'm sure what he said about her and her real problem was very hurtful.

redkat said:
Seems like an odd group attending, not what i'd expect I guess

Not exactly the whos who of the Hollywood A List crowd.

Jim Carrey hasn't had a hit in a while.

J. Lo is still recovering from Bennifer 1...

You can see his sister (publicist) working the phones...
Ok...Christ, who else can we get to come?! Let's give Brooke Shields a call. She certainly has nowhere else to be.

Well maybe she wouldn't say Christ:wink:

:lol: Look at the magazine racks in any store and it's a sea of Britney vs Federline and the TomCat wedding!! Isn't there anything else or anyone else to report and write about?

MrsSpringsteen said:
Well Brooke is suposedly friends with Katie now (I like to picture them talking about Tom and not always in the most favorable light :wink: )-obviously it's good pr for Tom to apologize to her and invite her, but Brooke Shields is certainly smart enough to realize that and she's still going. I admire her for being friends with Katie and for having so much class. I'm sure what he said about her and her real problem was very hurtful.

Very true!

Just a little odd.

Tom needs the PR.

I like this commentary:

[q]Marriage tips for the new Mrs. Cruise
On the eve of her wedding, Katie Holmes needs all the help she can get
COMMENTARY
By Helen A.S. Popkin
MSNBC contributor
Updated: 1:07 p.m. ET Nov 17, 2006

Congratulations, Katie Holmes, on your long-awaited nuptials! Frankly, we were starting to worry that maybe Tom Cruise would never “buy the cow,” if you catch our meaning. We’ll all breathe a sigh of relief this Saturday (Nov. 18) when you and the man you dreamed of marrying in high school finally tie the knot at that 15th century Italian castle in front of several hundred of your closest associates, many of whom you’ve been casually acquainted with for practically a whole year.

Do we call you “Kate” now, as Tom insists? You are, indeed the “remarkable woman,” Tom incessantly describes, bucking celebrity fashion and making your own baby rather than adopting one of those trendy third-world kids. And with so many celebrity break-ups, it takes a leap of faith to make your first Hollywood husband a guy whose first two actress wives are living happily ever after without him.

Not that we’re trying to freak you out. Just because sure-things like Britney and K-Fed, Reese and Ryan, Jessica and Nick, and that country singer from “Dancing with the Stars” and whomever she was married to, couldn’t make it work, doesn’t mean you need to worry. Why, you have everything a blushing young bride needs: Something old (your fiancé); something new (baby Suri); something borrowed (Scientology); and something blue (your family). But even if your folks are estranged, as rumors contend, we’re here for you. And since there’s no talking you out of this (right?), we’ve got some advice on keeping your marriage strong.

Cultivate outside interests. Or at least stop wearing matching outfits. Seriously, you may fit into each other’s black pants, black t-shirts, black jackets and sunglasses but that’s no excuse. It’s getting confusing, and anyway, on you Tom’s trousers are high waters.

Nurture intimacy. Every day, for at least one minute a day, stop waving, take off your matching sunglasses, relax your blinding rictus grins and make Tom actually look at you instead of the cameras.

But not too much intimacy. Kiss on that adorable baby all you want, but please, stop slobbering on each other every time you’re in the public eye. We get it. You’re in love. You have sex. The baby proves it. Now, please exercise some decorum. For us. We haven’t kept a meal down for over a year.

Get your story straight – before you leave the house. How is your relationship faring today? “Super In-Love?” “Gushingly Ga-Ga?” “Over-The-Moon?” Obtain the 411 from hubby first thing, and when the flashbulbs start, you won’t have to lock on Tom with one of your creepy stares, as if silently imploring him to guide your every mood.

Support your husband’s career. Remember, it was Paramount head Sumner Redstone‘s spouse Paula that got Tom’s production company axed from the studio when she told her husband that Tom “turned off all women.” Now that Tom’s heading up United Artists, ensure surrounding executives that chicks honestly do dig your man.

P.R. friendships can turn into real friendships. Despite that previous post-partum depression smack down with Tom, Brooke Shields seems to enjoy your company. And how’s the alleged “high-level minder from the Church of Scientology,” Jessica Feshbach Rodriguez? She’s been your best friend since you and Tom started dating – and she’s really good at answering your interview questions. That’ll come in handy at PTA meetings.

Beware of ambitious young starlets born around 1989. As you may have gleaned from the tabloids, Tom chooses his wives at 11-year age-intervals; Mimi Rogers (b. 1956), Nicole Kidman (b. 1967), and of course, you, the new Mrs. Cruise (b. 1978). To be safe, it’s probably best if you just stopped aging all together.

Review emergency procedures (and program your cell phone accordingly). Above all, Tom is a Good Samaritan. Why just recently, you both stopped on the road to aid at the scene of an accident. In 1998, Tom stopped a mugging. And in 1996 he rescued a family at sea. So remember, when danger strikes: 1. Dial 911. 2. Attempt CPR. 3. Text publicist.

Learn how to entertain. As a new wife, you’re bound to meet many new faces – ex-wives, Tom’s adopted children, and a whole bevy of C-list sitcom Scientologists such as Leah Remini, Kirstie Alley and Jenna Elfman, for whom Tom’s chartered a private flight to attend your wedding in Italy. And as with your wedding, never ever under any circumstances invite Oprah. Tom should always be the most famous person in the room.

Forget about marriage counseling. Psychology is, as Tom told Matt Lauer, a “Nazi science.” Just like with your new best friend Brooke’s post-partum depression, there’s nothing wrong with your marriage that vitamins and exercise can’t fix.

Remember, you’re Kate Cruise now. We hear that unlike his previous wives, you may take Tom’s last name. We understand that after you and Tom hooked up, you quickly canned your manager, agents and publicist. You also dropped out of the career-making Edie Sedgwick bio-pic “Factory Girl,” allegedly because Tom disapproved of the sordid material, that your nude scene in “Thank You For Smoking” was cut for the same reason, and you even turned down an Oscar nomination for that same role. Further, despite your talent and previously prodigious career, you have no projects in the works. But Katie – er – Kate, it’s okay to keep acting. Hey, Tom’s production company might get you a little something. Women need a hobby – just as long it doesn’t cross into career territory. You don’t want to end up like that poor Nicole Kidman, dumped via press release while filming “Moulin Rouge.”

And most importantly, don’t make a sex tape. Tom might find it.

MSNBC contributor Helen A.S. Popkin is just jealous.
© 2006 MSNBC Interactive

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15738076/page/2/[/q]

Back
Top Bottom