What nerdy stuff do you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Ok, I have to admit feeling like a huge nerd sometimes. Here are my reasons:

1- I play video games more than I should
2- I know more about Star Wars and Lord of the Rings than I should
3- I own all the Weezer albums, and have seen them in concert more than anyone else I've ever seen
4- I minored in Japanese in college, I dont know if that's nerdy, but I sure met a lot of nerds in the classes
5- I like to read

On the other hand, I just bought Minor Threat - Complete Discography yesterday, I'm pretty sure you'd get your ace kicked for ever calling that nerdy.

Last edited:
i've been considered a nerd cos i find discussing marxism, russian literature, russian art, russian history a lot of fun.

i've been called a nerd for reading a lot, even though in comparisson with some people, like my mom, i don't read enough...

i don't try to dress "in style"

i know more about certain bands than i should, know the lyrics to more entire albums than i probably should

i read "a breif history of time" for fun when i was 14

i complain about not having enough work to keep me busy

i took mostly honours classes in high school

I read alot and read any kind of book. I read everyday at lunch and always keep a book in the car.

A friend of mine has kind of gotten me into the ghost hunt thing. I spent a night in an old prison sitting in a room waiting for something weird to happen. I have gotten a really weird feeling like I sense something there.

I like to visit historical places.

I do embroidery.

I happen to know a lot about the space program/space travel, etc. I find it interesting. I wanted to be an astronaut (not anymore).

I'm a science major. Stuff like DNA facinates me.

I like reading Shakespeare.

I always have a book with me.

I like history, esp. WWII history/historical places, etc.

I'm a pianist/ballerina, so I know a lot about classical music, etc.

I know the lyrics to most U2 songs (to my non-U2 friends, this is nerdy).

I'm a geek!:scream:

Last edited:
i love history...my friends get scared that i consider a good way to spend an afternoon in the irish history section of the library.

i like medieval history, even though i can't spell medieval...

1- I am obsessed with the Kennedy Assasination
2- I have read about 14 Star Wars Novels
3- I play lots of video games
4- I play board games once a month with the guys
5- I collect comic books
6- I play fantasy baseball (4 different leagues)
7- I play fantasy football (2 leagues)
8- I build Lego Robots
9- I coach students on a Lego Robotics Team
10- I run a summer camp teaching Lego Robotics.

I also majored in International politics, so I watch a lot of news, and have more opinions than most about politics. That seems nerdy sometimes.

u2popmofo said:
I also majored in International politics, so I watch a lot of news, and have more opinions than most about politics. That seems nerdy sometimes.

OOOOOOO cool. That is not nerdy.
That is cooooooool.:ohmy: :yes:

opinions are good. much better than sitting back and and not being able to think for yourself.

Poo. Opinions are overrated. Who needs opinions when we can all be a bunch of mindless drones? Epsilons live in bliss for they don't know any better. :sexywink:

:der:

Ok, here's something else pretty nerd-esque. I just realized I know all the lyrics to 867-5309 Jenny by Tommy Tutone.

i'm an aspiring mindless drone. that's why i spend sooooo much time listening to what other people think. ;)

i do what the tv tells me

I know WAY too many random facts.

I taught myself to read when I was three, and I read EVERYTHING. Even the backs of packaging. :der:

I double majored in history and political science in college, took German for fun, and graduated a year early. I was also president or vice president of over half the organizations on campus. I was the biggest nerd EVER. I would seriously freak out if I made below a 98% on something. :reject:

I work in politics. Enough said. (I actually like the foreign affairs aspect of my job, though.)

I'm getting my MA in modern history just because I want to, not because I intend on doing anything with the degree.

I LOVE all animals. I watch Animal Planet constantly and have sooooo many stuffed animals that I still sleep with even though I'm 22. :eek:

I like doing crossword puzzles.

I love Harry Potter, the Lord of the Rings, and lots of other fantasy books.

I like doing crafts.

My favourite movie genres are kids' movies and foreign films.

I LOOK like a nerd.

....I honestly don't know what I do that's NOT nerdy.
glasses.gif

Ok, here's the nerdiest thing I do: I POST IN THESE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

depends on how easy the word search is...usually i go in order, unless it's rediculously easy and the words nearly jump out at you and then i don't go in order

I have about 10 videotapes full of old X-Files episodes.

I read "The Brothers Karamazov" by Dostoevski when I was in junior high, just because I wanted to. (It was my older sister's copy. She's an uber-intellectual. I'm a moron compared to her).

I got all excited recently when a new video store opened in town that actually has a decent foreign film section.

I'm a nerd and proud of it!

i didn't read the brothers karamazov but i read some other dosto...gah...i can't spell his name in english...i can do it in russian without thinking twice, but can't spell it in english to save my life...i read some other things of his for fun...it's only a matter of time before i get to that one...but i've taken a break from doste-- and am reading joyce and gogol...

Last week I came across my brother's old copies of Joyce that I didnt know we had so they are next on my list. I've been reading a book about the women in the South during the Civil War that I bought when I went to Gettysburg.

What is it about reading that people think is nerdy? I mean people give me weird looks at lunch. It's better than sitting there staring into space.

well, people tend to call me a nerd no matter what I do :sexywink: :tongue:, but I guess some of the more nerdy things that I do are...

1. I took an astronomy course at a community college, not because I had to, I wasn't even in school at the time, just because I love astronomy and wanted to learn more about it (it was physics 1411 & 1412! how nerdy is taking a college physics class for fun!)

2. Camped out all night at Reunion Arena here in Dallas, on the sidewalk, in a sleeping bag, in November, to see U2 :lol:

3. Re-scheduled Thanksgiving with my parents to see U2 in Austin after I had already seen them in Dallas

4. I go to Star Trek/Star Wars sci-fi conventions

5. I got a custom-made Star Trek uniform made a couple years ago that cost me $200 to wear to the Star Trek conventions

6. I'm a member of the Texas Astronomical Society of Dallas, where I also volunteer at the public star shows at the college Planetarium, and attend monthly club meetings

7. Wake up at 4am in the morning once a year to go to the Plano Hot Air Balloon show and watch the pre-dawn hot air balloon launch (i'm going to become a member of the Plano Hot Air Balloon Association soon as I get paid)

:hmm: I guess I sound like I am a nerd :lol: I'm sure there's more I could add to the list if I think about it a while...

u2popmofo said:
Ok, here's the nerdiest thing I do: I POST IN THESE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:up: :lol:

I wonder how many hours a month I log on interference :scratch: :der:

i can't beleive i mentioned gogol and forgot about this--in 11th grade i participated in a national russian essay contest (it was required for class to participate in it) and we had to write an essay on who our hero was. i had been reading about how gogol had most likely died thinking he was a failure and didn't think anyone would ever want to read his work. so i wrote my essay on him. i still wonder about what the judge who graded my essay thought about who i chose, but i got a silver medal so i guess they liked it...

"i enjoy going to clubs with my guy friends in order to spot really cute, likable girls and then go up to them, only to start "spaz" dancing, simulating convulsions, as well as yelling out thom york-esque type lines"

who am i?

i was in a spelling bee...but i got kicked out in the second round when i misspelled "juicy"...i thought it was "juicey"

i can't spell though, i was only in the spelling bee cos i got 100%s on my spelling tests...they didn't take into account the fact that some people forget how to spell words as soon as they get them right on the tests

speaking of spelling, i lost points in 6th grade for writing "colour" instead of "color"...i had been reading "the invisible man" by h.g. wells (which i then did a book report on) and since wells was british, i had picked up on the colour with a u thing...

Back
Top Bottom