What nerdy stuff do you do? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2003, 11:53 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Local Time: 08:48 PM
I like doing word search puzzles. That's kind of nerdier than crosswords.

I'll watch the Food Network and I dont even cook!

Old 02-09-2003, 11:54 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:48 PM
i do word searches too

Old 02-09-2003, 11:58 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Do you go down the list in order or do you just find them and cross the word off the list?
Old 02-10-2003, 12:00 AM   #19
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 07:48 PM
Ok, here's the nerdiest thing I do: I POST IN THESE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:01 AM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

depends on how easy the word search is...usually i go in order, unless it's rediculously easy and the words nearly jump out at you and then i don't go in order
Old 02-10-2003, 12:01 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I have about 10 videotapes full of old X-Files episodes.

I read "The Brothers Karamazov" by Dostoevski when I was in junior high, just because I wanted to. (It was my older sister's copy. She's an uber-intellectual. I'm a moron compared to her).

I got all excited recently when a new video store opened in town that actually has a decent foreign film section.

I'm a nerd and proud of it!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:03 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
depends on how easy the word search is...usually i go in order, unless it's rediculously easy and the words nearly jump out at you and then i don't go in order
Me too...had to ask since someone thought it was weird that I felt the need to go in order.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:05 AM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

i didn't read the brothers karamazov but i read some other dosto...gah...i can't spell his name in english...i can do it in russian without thinking twice, but can't spell it in english to save my life...i read some other things of his for fun...it's only a matter of time before i get to that one...but i've taken a break from doste-- and am reading joyce and gogol...
Old 02-10-2003, 12:16 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Last week I came across my brother's old copies of Joyce that I didnt know we had so they are next on my list. I've been reading a book about the women in the South during the Civil War that I bought when I went to Gettysburg.

What is it about reading that people think is nerdy? I mean people give me weird looks at lunch. It's better than sitting there staring into space.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:36 AM   #25
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

well, people tend to call me a nerd no matter what I do , but I guess some of the more nerdy things that I do are...

1. I took an astronomy course at a community college, not because I had to, I wasn't even in school at the time, just because I love astronomy and wanted to learn more about it (it was physics 1411 & 1412! how nerdy is taking a college physics class for fun!)

2. Camped out all night at Reunion Arena here in Dallas, on the sidewalk, in a sleeping bag, in November, to see U2

3. Re-scheduled Thanksgiving with my parents to see U2 in Austin after I had already seen them in Dallas

4. I go to Star Trek/Star Wars sci-fi conventions

5. I got a custom-made Star Trek uniform made a couple years ago that cost me $200 to wear to the Star Trek conventions

6. I'm a member of the Texas Astronomical Society of Dallas, where I also volunteer at the public star shows at the college Planetarium, and attend monthly club meetings

7. Wake up at 4am in the morning once a year to go to the Plano Hot Air Balloon show and watch the pre-dawn hot air balloon launch (i'm going to become a member of the Plano Hot Air Balloon Association soon as I get paid)

I guess I sound like I am a nerd I'm sure there's more I could add to the list if I think about it a while...
Old 02-10-2003, 12:39 AM   #26
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
Ok, here's the nerdiest thing I do: I POST IN THESE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how many hours a month I log on interference
Old 02-10-2003, 12:41 AM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

i can't beleive i mentioned gogol and forgot about this--in 11th grade i participated in a national russian essay contest (it was required for class to participate in it) and we had to write an essay on who our hero was. i had been reading about how gogol had most likely died thinking he was a failure and didn't think anyone would ever want to read his work. so i wrote my essay on him. i still wonder about what the judge who graded my essay thought about who i chose, but i got a silver medal so i guess they liked it...
Old 02-10-2003, 12:53 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

That reminded me I was in the school spelling bee and was a runner-up. I was also in the National Honor Society in high school.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:02 AM   #29
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 09:48 AM

"i enjoy going to clubs with my guy friends in order to spot really cute, likable girls and then go up to them, only to start "spaz" dancing, simulating convulsions, as well as yelling out thom york-esque type lines"

who am i?
Old 02-10-2003, 01:06 AM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

i was in a spelling bee...but i got kicked out in the second round when i misspelled "juicy"...i thought it was "juicey"

i can't spell though, i was only in the spelling bee cos i got 100%s on my spelling tests...they didn't take into account the fact that some people forget how to spell words as soon as they get them right on the tests

speaking of spelling, i lost points in 6th grade for writing "colour" instead of "color"...i had been reading "the invisible man" by h.g. wells (which i then did a book report on) and since wells was british, i had picked up on the colour with a u thing...